0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao vs Bradley Saturday night fight thread

Quote Originally Posted by MIKAY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post
    who thought Pac nearly shut out Bradley also thought JMM won against Pac last time out?[/B]
    I had JMM wining 2 out of the 3 fights with pac, yet i scored the fight 10-2 in favour of pac.

Will say Bradley finished stronger last couple of round compared to the rest of the fight. Most i could give brad was 3 rounds.
    And you know what bro I can see that. There were some close rounds that maybe swing could swing Pac for a 9-3. But a near shutout is Pac clearly winning 11 rounds or maybe Pac hands down winning 10 but giving Bradley the 2 close rounds. The HBO crew made it seem as though Pac was annihilating Bradley and that they had to find a round to give the man. But I do still think Pac got jobbed not robbed.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even BRADLEY HIMSELF concedes he may have not won the fight.... that he has to watch the tape. I don't know about any of YOU, but I had never seen or heard a winning fighter talk like that.

The whole thing stinks of ineptitude and/or corruption.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am as far as a Pacquiao fan as can be.
    I watched that fight in a different language.

I saw Pacquaio winning a clear decision. He won just about every round IMO and that robbery was huge.
    Might be even a bigger robbery than Pacquiao's last fight.
    That fight wasn't even close.
    I can't believe that Pacquaio lost.
    Like another poster just said it's hard to feel sorry for Pacquiao because of some of his previous fights, and of course his fans.

JMM/Mayweather/Martinez are my favorite boxers.
    But I'm not blind and I can honestly say Pacquiao won just about every round quite clearly.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bestjabwins View Post
    I tuned in from round 7 and missed the first part of the fight. Looked to me like Bradley was edging out pacquiao, and in the last 3 rounds outboxing him. Those last few rounds all pacquiao was doing was plodding forward and having trouble with a moving target.
    Yes exactly right, as for other comments in this thread. I don't hate Pacquiao at all i like him as a fighter, but i call it as i see it. I don't let favourtism cloud my judgment. Im not even a fan of Bradley, and i like Pacquiao more than Bradley.
    I think the anti Pac jibes are coming my way more than anything. Actually I am surprised at the judges. I was posting round by round how I saw the fight unfolding and thus had it for Bradley. I gave Manny the rounds I thought were his and Bradley his. That's all you can do when scoring a fight. I actually think Marquez beat Manny more convincingly. Bradley eked this one out at the death. Marquez was the one who took his foot off against Manny.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bestjabwins View Post
    I tuned in from round 7 and missed the first part of the fight. Looked to me like Bradley was edging out pacquiao, and in the last 3 rounds outboxing him. Those last few rounds all pacquiao was doing was plodding forward and having trouble with a moving target.
    Yes exactly right, as for other comments in this thread. I don't hate Pacquiao at all i like him as a fighter, but i call it as i see it. I don't let favourtism cloud my judgment. Im not even a fan of Bradley, and i like Pacquiao more than Bradley.
    I think the anti Pac jibes are coming my way more than anything. Actually I am surprised at the judges. I was posting round by round how I saw the fight unfolding and thus had it for Bradley. I gave Manny the rounds I thought were his and Bradley his. That's all you can do when scoring a fight. I actually think Marquez beat Manny more convincingly. Bradley eked this one out at the death. Marquez was the one who took his foot off against Manny.
    Pretty much agree with your assessment of the fight.

Pacquiao and Bradley round 1 was very close, 2-6 was one sided and you'd figure it's going to go among the same way as the other Pacquiao fights. and then Bradley adapts and turns it all around. He earned this win and he's having all of it discredited by the media. Which is a great shame because he gave a gutsy performance, adjusted and beat Pacquiao he should be getting credit and the fight should be talked about for how great it was and what will can do. But nope...to save face for a Mayweather fight and make double the money in a rematch, it's being billed as a robbery which pretty much discredits any and everything Bradley did and the sad thing is it's the furthest thing from a robbery ive seen in a while.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I dont really care for the decision anyway. Or even for the sport at this point.

I just wanted to point out that people who said Bradley won this fight clearly were also the ones that said JMM clearly got robbed in all the fights. lol
    You're not the only one who noticed that.

And you're also not the only one who doesn't really care about the sport any more.
    For some reason I'm getting into hockey now and trying to learn all that I can about the sport. It has to do with the Kings amazing run. Hockey is Less corrupt, plenty of good action, and also a sport that can be very violent at times just like boxing. Hockey is starting to be my next favorite sport after American football.
    You live in LA, right?

I used to be a massive hockey fan, I probably watched or listened to 95% of the Vancouver Canucks games for about a decade, but my interested took a nose-dive this year. Probably something to do with watching a bunch of morons try to burn down their city because of a sport.
    Near LA, like the next county over. Shouldn't let a few moronic fans ruin a sport for you. In the NHL at least the best will compete against the best, most fans will give respect to the opposing team that just beat theirs and not make sorry excuses, and the sport although with some problems is much less corrupt than boxing and isn't saddle with politics.
    It was tens of thousands of fans, unfortunately.
    Last edited by CFH; 06-10-2012 at 08:10 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Worst decision I've seen since Forrest-Quartey. Absolutely horrific.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I should be in bed, but I still cannot not wash that nasty taste of a decision out of my mouth

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could one of you 11 whos on the who's online chat screen, see if you can open a window to me please, Im having troubles for some reason.Trying to message someone its not working wonder if its my end or theres .
    thanks.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've gone rooted against Pacquiao since just about the first time I saw him fight over 9 years ago.
    He's made me lose money on multiple occasions.
    I don't like saying this but, that's what he gets.

I just wish they would have gave Marquez the honor of having the win on his record.
    He's the one who really deserved it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think people are going way overboard just because Pac didn't get the close rounds. I didn't see half as much shit from hbo when marquez lost a close fight. I mean Lewis Holyfeild is a robbery to me not this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing I can't wrap my head around is that there were times when it seemed like PAC had Bradley dazed and back peddling, but he didn't move in for the ko. I mean I could understand that PAC didn't want to run into something but it seemed like in the last half that there were rounds with a whole lotta nothing going on until the last minute. Up until that last minute nothing but defensive moves and jabs by Bradley.

So yeah, I could kinda see where the judges may have had it for Bradley. Was it the right call? No, but such is life. People will still pay to see PAC fight...if he chooses to continue fighting.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well looking at the scorecards form the judges i can see a few things 2,5,7,8,10,11,12 i can see a case for Bradley winning those rounds. Do i think it could of gone the other way yea but they were close.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another important fact that even the HBO commentators were stating, Manny took 2 minutes off in every round of the second half of the fight.

It turned very 'Sugar Ray vs Marvin'esque.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DavilaJones View Post
    Another important fact that even the HBO commentators were stating, Manny took 2 minutes off in every round of the second half of the fight.

It turned very 'Sugar Ray vs Marvin'esque.
    And like Sugar Ray he banked in early rounds and tried to steal a few late ones.

It just didn't work this time. And while Sugar Ray had the excuse for not fighting for years so that strategy against a monster like Hagler is smart cause cardio-wise there is NO way he was gonna stay with him. Pacquiao really has no such excuse.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information