Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  154
Dislikes Dislikes:  23
Page 12 of 328 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavyweight Fight Schedule

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Heavyweight Fight Schedule

In an interview Deontay Wilder (who is sparring with Wladimir to help prepare for the Wach fight) said that next year (yes, next year, we'll have to wait) he wants to take on fellow undefeated American Heavyweight Bryant Jennings.

There are no doubt bigger fights in boxing but to me that is one of the most exciting matches because the fighters are young, talented, undefeated, and heavyweights....it's been a while since 2 American heavyweights put on a good show for the fans.

Another one of my favorite heavyweights Joe Hanks will be fighting Dec. 14th vs the undefeated Fred Allen in Albany, NY. Allen has a record of 14(6 KO)-0-1 and is 25 years old. The fight will be for the vacant NABA title. Joe Hanks is 20(14 KO)-0-0 and IMO one of the more polished prospects in the heavyweight division, he just has yet to get a big time fight. I would like to see him step up his competition soon though because at 29 he's going to run out of time quickly at this pace.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jameel McCline has sparred with both Wladimir Klitschko and recently with Mariusz Wach. He says Wach is very strong, and their upcoming fight will go the distance and be closer than most people think.

Джамиль МакКлайн: Мариуш Вах даст бой Владимиру Кличко

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder will face Kelvin Price on Dec 15.

Wilder-Price Deal in Place For Khan-Molina SHO Card - Boxing News

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruslan Chagaev vs. Mike Perez has been confirmed for December 1.

World Boxing News: Ruslan Chagaev v Mike Perez confirmed for December 1

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So if Wlad wins does he fight Helenius next?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    In an interview Deontay Wilder (who is sparring with Wladimir to help prepare for the Wach fight) said that next year (yes, next year, we'll have to wait) he wants to take on fellow undefeated American Heavyweight Bryant Jennings.

There are no doubt bigger fights in boxing but to me that is one of the most exciting matches because the fighters are young, talented, undefeated, and heavyweights....it's been a while since 2 American heavyweights put on a good show for the fans.

Another one of my favorite heavyweights Joe Hanks will be fighting Dec. 14th vs the undefeated Fred Allen in Albany, NY. Allen has a record of 14(6 KO)-0-1 and is 25 years old. The fight will be for the vacant NABA title. Joe Hanks is 20(14 KO)-0-0 and IMO one of the more polished prospects in the heavyweight division, he just has yet to get a big time fight. I would like to see him step up his competition soon though because at 29 he's going to run out of time quickly at this pace.
    The slow pace that Deontay Wilder is being brought along is creating a negative image of him.

Joe Hanks also needs to step it up.

Explain to me how Tyson Fury and Bryant Jennings, guys who arguably are shorter on talent than Wilder and Hanks, have been in much tougher competition than Wilder and Hanks.

Kelvin Price is by far the best opponent of Wilder's career. He's the guy who upset Tor Hamer, right?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marco Huck will move up to HW after his fight with Arslan on Saturday. He has been in discussions with Bernd Bonte about fighting one of the Klitschkos in 2013:

После боя с Арсланом Хук хочет встретиться с Кличко

Vitali Klitschko did not win in the Ukraine elections:

from fight news:

According to exit polls, the “PUNCH” party founded by reigning WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko won approximately 12-15% of the seats in Sunday’s Ukrainian elections, placing third overall. “We must still analyze everything: why we could have won more votes but failed to do so,” Klitschko told AFP. The champion will continue to head the party in the Ukraine Parliament and work to establish a coalition with other opposition parties. As far as whether he will fight again anytime soon, that remains to be seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Marco Huck will move up to HW after his fight with Arslan on Saturday. He has been in discussions with Bernd Bonte about fighting one of the Klitschkos in 2013:

from fight news:

According to exit polls, the “PUNCH” party founded by reigning WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko won approximately 12-15% of the seats in Sunday’s Ukrainian elections, placing third overall. “We must still analyze everything: why we could have won more votes but failed to do so,” Klitschko told AFP. The champion will continue to head the party in the Ukraine Parliament and work to establish a coalition with other opposition parties. As far as whether he will fight again anytime soon, that remains to be seen.
    My god, David Haye was actually right!

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

from fight news:

My god, David Haye was actually right!
    So that means Vitali v Haye will happen next year.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought vitali never expected to win this election and it was all about his party getting a high enough percentage of the votes so they had seats in the parliment, i thought his aim was about 10% of the votes or something so he might have done pretty good here.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Denis Boytsov camp confirm big offer from Tyson Fury, but will only take if it is WBO eliminator

Denis Boytsov camp confirm big offer from Tyson Fury, but will only take if it is WBO eliminator

by Jordan Stoddart

The Boxing Observer: (Oct. 28, 2012) - According to reports coming out of both the UK and Germany, Denis Boytsov has a pre-fight contract ready for a duel with the Brit Tyson Fury (19(14)-0). There has been mounting speculation as to who will be facing off with the former British champion on December 1st with Tony Grano and Dereck Chisora being mentioned over the last week. Fury is gaining some serious exposure in the boxing world, mostly down to his war of words with domestic rival David Price, but his accomplishments in the ring have seen him quickly ascend in both the WBO and WBC’s rankings

Boytsov (31(25)-0) is apparently keen to fight Fury, but only if it doubles up as an eliminator to face the current WBO ruler Wladimir Klitschko. That may not happen as although Boytsov is next in line as the organisation’s number one, the Englishman is only ranked at seven. With only 5 weeks until Furys December 1st date at the Odyssey arena in Belfast, it might be a tad late to make this intriguing fight which if he won would put him bang in the mix for a title shot in early 2013.

Fury badly needs a decent opponent within the next few months, as if as expected he gets a world title shot in 2013, necessary and vital steps need to made. His coach and uncle Peter Fury was speaking to the Belfast Telegraph last week, and mentioned their current predicament.

“2013 is going to a very big year for Tyson. We want this fight at the Odyssey to be against a top opponent so that he will be moving very close to the mandatory position for a shot at Vitali. The problem for Tyson is a lot of the top ten fighters are now running scared of him. Take Ruslan Chagaev, for example, he said that he would need a lot more time to get ready for Tyson because he believed Tyson was so dangerous. He turned the fight down, Tomasz Adamek priced himself out of the fight – the easiest way to avoid taking a fight and Eddie Chambers also turned it down. Tyson is the best heavyweight in the world and a good win at the Odyssey could see him fighting for the World title next or maybe one more fight away.”

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The winner of Arreola-Stiverne will likely fight the winner of Mitchell-Banks for the WBC heavyweight title if Vitali retires.

Banks und Mitchell wollen Pflichtherausforderer werden

The fight between Seth Mitchell and Jonathon Banks is a WBC semi-Eliminator. The winner will have to fight another eliminator and must then accompany the post of mandatory challenger.

The next WBC mandatory challenger will be Chris Arreola and Bermane Stiverne on 15 December in Caracas. The winner fights Vitali Klitschko next year, if this continues his boxing career. If not, the winner of Banks-Mitchell eliminator will likely fight the winner of Arreola-Stiverne for the vacant title fight.

Mitchell vs. Banks will be on 17 November live on HBO.

El Kabong Guest

I don't know why Wilder & Hanks are moving so slowly, I wish they would step it up. I agree that it creates a negative image around them, I don't want them to end up like Faruq Saleem or Malik Scott.

I don't see what David Haye has done to warrant another shot at a Klitschko. So he beats Chisora big deal, Vitali beat Chisora too as did Tyson Fury. W. Klitschko: Haye Needs Us To Be Relevant, Earn Money - Boxing News.....Wlad sums it up pretty nicely IMO.

I would think Boytsov has the skill to beat Fury, he's just a tiny guy though so maybe Fury assumes he can over power Boytsov.

I've been thinking about how Wladimir will cope without Manny in his corner and the more I think about it the more sorry I feel for Maruisz Wach because Wlad is going to be determined to do his very best to honor the memory of Manny Steward and I don't think anything in Wach's arsenal will trouble Wlad. It would be nice for Wlad to be a bit more of a gun slinger in this fight than he has in recent bouts.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I don't know why Wilder & Hanks are moving so slowly, I wish they would step it up. I agree that it creates a negative image around them, I don't want them to end up like Faruq Saleem or Malik Scott.

I don't see what David Haye has done to warrant another shot at a Klitschko. So he beats Chisora big deal, Vitali beat Chisora too as did Tyson Fury. W. Klitschko: Haye Needs Us To Be Relevant, Earn Money - Boxing News.....Wlad sums it up pretty nicely IMO.

I would think Boytsov has the skill to beat Fury, he's just a tiny guy though so maybe Fury assumes he can over power Boytsov.

I've been thinking about how Wladimir will cope without Manny in his corner and the more I think about it the more sorry I feel for Maruisz Wach because Wlad is going to be determined to do his very best to honor the memory of Manny Steward and I don't think anything in Wach's arsenal will trouble Wlad. It would be nice for Wlad to be a bit more of a gun slinger in this fight than he has in recent bouts.
    I hope Wlad does put a spectacular performance.

Thread Information