65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Heavyweight Fight Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    i don't see tyson or deontay as certain defeats. i think aj knocks out deontay
    I just don't hold Wilder's defeats to Fury against him as much as everyone else. We're all pretty certain Fury would have his way with Joshua... so it's not like Wilder lost to someone AJ would defeat. Joshua would surely lose to Fury as well.
    i don't hold deontay's loses to tyson against him, his record is thin. i'm not certain tyson would have his way with aj. aj could defeat tyson. i don't think aj would surely lose to tyson as well

Meanwhile, Joshua's mental and emotional state has admittedly been an issue. Just how much is he still vested in the ups and downs of professional prize fighting? Ruiz knocked him out... and in the rematch it was a decidedly timid AJ who won a cautious decision against Ruiz. He's been beaten by Usyk twice. The last one triggering an odd post-fight rant which had most fans scratching their heads.
    aj's mental & emotional state has been an issue but he put in a full camp & stuck to a game plan for a full twelve rounds with a new trainer. how much is he vested? only aj knows. yes andy stopped aj but it was a one sided fight in the rematch, aj was timid & won a cautious decision but he was clearly the better fighter. there's nothing wrong with losing to oleksandr twice.

Wilder has beaten everyone they've put in front of him, except Fury. That one is just not meant to be. So for these reasons I just don't see AJ beating Wilder as a done deal. I think Wilder has that famous puncher's chance to knock out Joshua. Could go either way, really. AJ's no slouch, and has good power himself. Younger AJ came back from a knockdown himself against Wlad in what was one of my favorite heavyweight fights in a long time... so there's that as well.

I just think Wilder-Joshua would be an extremely fan-friendly fight... and pre-fight odds would probably be near the 50/50 mark if they were to meet now.
    other than tyson & luis the record is thin. i didn't say aj beating deontay is a done deal, i think aj knocks deontay out but i just don't see aj fighting deontay as a certain defeat. if deontay catches anyone they'll be out. i agree very close to fifty fifty fight for me. i often wonder if it was that knockdown against wladimir that changed aj's mentality, like edwin did to hector macho camacho. deontay v aj would be very fan friendly & i agree that the odds would be very close
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I think Joshua will pretty much take on every one, he's being set up to take on Whyte next which isn't a terrible idea considering he took on a monster like usyk twice..he's get back to winning ways v Franklin, that's cool, then goes for a grudge match v an aggressive mad lad like dillian..if he's still taking on lower level fights after Whyte then sure feed him to the wolves but to be fair AJ took on usyk twice and I doubt he was the problem in making the fury or Wilder fight. Sure he's a bit of a weirdo but he gets way too much criticism. Joshua also flattens wilder quite easy.

Until they actually meet... I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jared big baby anderson & zhan kossobutskiy could fight on july first. that's a tough fight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kudos on keeping up with the heavyweight picture. Jared's an up and coming American heavyweight who I've seen. But I had never heard of Zhan till I looked him up. This vid is from his fight against Hussein Muhamed which, honestly... didn't show much. But yeah... Zhan places his punches well and just killed Muhamed to the body.

From what I've seen... I think Jared passes this one test and continues to climb in the rankings. How high he'll go is anybody's guess.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think jared will be the headliner for this card. i'm going to put it out there now that an upset wouldn't surprise me. the winner will put himself in the mix of contenders

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What would you call an upset? I ask because Zhan is ranked higher in some orgs (like WBC, BoxRec)... while Jared is ranked higher in others (WBO).

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What would you call an upset? I ask because Zhan is ranked higher in some orgs (like WBC, BoxRec)... while Jared is ranked higher in others (WBO).
    i'd go by the odds. i saw some early odds that had jared about a five to one favourite

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'll be interesting to see how well andersons slick and quite unheavyweight style holds up as he moves up in class, a big fellow slipping around like that needs a lot of oxygen to fuel the big muscles, he could possibly wear out v a tough guy.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jared big baby anderson & zhan kossobutskiy could fight on july first. that's a tough fight
    zhan kossobutskiy is out due to visa issues. jared will fight charles martin on july first

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

zhan kossobutskiy is out due to visa issues. jared will fight charles martin on july first
    Actually good with that considering late sub in Martin. Martin may belong on the top of a worst champs ever list but he can legit punch. The last southpaw Anderson faced found him a few to many before falling. Visa stuff with Zhan should be preventable at this point you would think.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Actually good with that considering late sub in Martin. Martin may belong on the top of a worst champs ever list but he can legit punch. The last southpaw Anderson faced found him a few to many before falling. Visa stuff with Zhan should be preventable at this point you would think.
    i hope frank martin's opponent doesn't have the same visa issue, i think they are managed by the same guy

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the wba settled a lawsuit with mahmoud charr, so now mahmoud has been reinstated as the wba regular champ, the belt daniel dubois just lost to oleksandr. & it gets better, mahmoud must defend against jarrell miller by october fourteenth

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information