Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Heavyweight Fight Schedule

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta is now official:

Klitschko to face Pianeta on May 4

Pianeta says he will shock the world by knocking Wladimir out:

Пьянета: Я шокирую мир, нокаутировав Владимира Кличко!

Wladimir has a lot of respect for Pianeta:

Владимир Кличко: У Пьянеты невероятный бойцовский дух

Tomasz Adamek says he'll fight in May, and then look at a rematch with Jonathan Banks in the fall:

Plan Adamka - Grano w maju, Banks jesienią?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andriy Rudenko (23-0, 15 KOs) returns on March 16 on a K-2 promotion in Kiev.

Узелков, Руденко и Спирко проведут бои в Киеве

Tomasz Adamek denies rumors that he's fighting Tony Grano:

Адамек опроверг информацию о бое с Грано

Klitschko-Pianeta poster:

Kliczko - Pianeta: Showtime in Mannheim

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kubrat Pulev: "Klitschko chose an average opponent in Pianeta"

Pulew: Kliczko wybrał przeciętnego rywala - BoxingBet.pl

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Francesco Pianeta says he will shock the world.

Pianeta: I Will Shock The World, Knock Klitschko Out! - Boxing News

Manuel Charr is out for several weeks after having surgery:

World Boxing News - Manuel Charr faces weeks out after surgery

Krzysztof Wlodarczyk is trying to get a fight with Vitali Klitschko.

Ruszyły rozmowy w sprawie walki Diablo - Kliczko

Banks-Mitchell II will be in June and televised by HBO.

Второй бой Бэнкса с Митчеллом состоится в июне

Klitschko-Pianeta will be televised by EPIX in the USA.

Бой Кличко – Пьянета в Америке покажет телеканал EPIX

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Photos from the Klitschko-Pianeta presser:

Photos: Klitschko, Pianeta Go Face To Face at Presser - Boxing News

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Arreola vs. Bermane Stiverne will be on April 27.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...duled-april-27

Artur Szpilka's April 20 opponent will be one of these three: Travis Wlaker, Tor Hamer, or Nagy Aguilera.

Walker, Aguilera lub Hammer dla Szpilki

Wladimir Klitschko says Sauerland needs to compromise so there can be a Povetkin fight.

Kliczko: Sauerland powinien pójść na ustępstwa - BoxingBet.pl
    Last edited by Freedom; 03-07-2013 at 01:23 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm glad someone is still carrying the torch for the heavyweight division.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wladimir Klitschko says his #1 priority is to fight Alexander Povetkin.

http://www.allboxing.ru/archives/2013-03-06_22_49.html

Here is a rough translation of the interview:

World champion in the heavyweight versions IBF / WBA / WBO 36-year-old Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko In his interview had discussed the situation with postpones fight against the "regular" WBA world champion Russians Alexander Povetkin.

Let's go right to the main thing. Will there still fight with Alexander Povetkin?

- Do Povetkin already had two opportunities to meet with me. The third time, everything is a little more complicated. Here the problem is not in Alexandra, and his promoter - Sauerland. He kontrpkt with broadcaster ARD, I have - with RTL.

- So this is the problem?

- For me, this is not a problem. For the Sauerland.

- But it can be solved?

- You can, but concessions should go Sauerland, because ...

- You are super champion?

- I understand that Povetkin is also a champion. Sasha respect as an Olympic champion, world champion, he did not lose the professional ring no match. I think the fight with him would be very, very interesting. But now we have reached the fact that his promotional team just is not going to make any concessions. We want this fight, and twice did their best to place it. In particular, won the auction, the results of which, by the way, for Sasha were very good. In the first fight, he would have received, I think, 3.2 million in the second - 2.4 million ... But he has a promoter, and Sasha on them has no influence. Actually, I heard that he also wants to fight.

- Why are the promoters, in your opinion, are the brakes?

- Here it is, and that, on what channel will fight: the ARD and RTL? In just the same details of the contract will not go. Again, here the problem is mainly with the promoter, who has vision. With him, we can not agree.

- How to fix it? Like it or not, and Povetkin still mandatory challenger ...

- Now I spend my free title defense. And I will not wait until we agree. WBA tried to authorize my fight, which will be held on May 4, for four weeks. I even got tired of waiting. Finally, all was resolved, and I can spend the free protection. I'm coming your way. But if the promoter decides Povetkin will agree ... Or Sasha can influence it, then I'm ready. Otherwise, do not even know how it happens.

- Some people believe that this fight than Povetkin, in general, no one needs, saying that Klitschko has all proved everything, and especially a lot to fight not earn.

- I believe that the fight with Povetkin for sure would be of interest in Kiev or Moscow - more than in Germany or America. Sasha has a name, he constantly talked about in the former Soviet Union. Besides the meeting of two Olympic champions.

- WBA wanted trades in a fight with Povetkin passed before your fight with Pianeta. The Association has been and for that contract to fight with Alexander was signed until May 4. As is the case now?

- WBA gave us the opportunity to hold another free title defense. It's all according to the law of the organization: super champion title, which I need to defend every 24 months. Although other versions does not. In principle, one title that now Povetkin, I beat Haye. Then he gave me the title of WBA super champion, the existence of which I do not even know. Slightly ridiculous situation, frankly ... But my 24 month expire in July. Since that time quite yet.

- Your manager Bernd Bente at a press conference that trading in a fight with Povetkin should receive up to 31 August ...

- Yes, we have until August or September to agree on something. There is still time, I hope all these outrages ever run, and Sasha and I get in the ring.

- When you are more comfortable would be to spend the next, after the fight with Pianeta fight?

- This year plan to fight at least twice, at most - three. Probably get in the ring sometime in September - December.

- The media wrote that the team Povetkin would like 45 percent of the fee. In your team, it seems, the other views. It can not interfere with the match?

- Frankly, I have not, and who said what. But there are laws that version, in black and white: the applicant receives, in my opinion, from 15 to 25 percent. Or 35 - I do not remember. Given Sasha's television ratings, its name, you can make a percentage.

- But now you personally want to fight Povetkin?

- For me, honestly, it would be a priority. At the time, gave his management job to make this fight happen. But the conditions for me were, in fact, impossible: you would almost give up everything, to give up all contracts. This, of course, is impossible, I can not get over yourself ... In the end, this fight who need it? I am pleased to have met with Sasha, but I think: he fight me it would be even more interesting.

- Duel in Povetkin broke twice. No fear that the third time is also not work?

- The trend, of course, bad. But say, if two times did not work, then the third will be fine. I hope that the third approach battle will take place.

- Perhaps, in Kiev or Moscow?

- I think it would be interesting.

- Vitaliy already have experience of fighting in Moscow. What do you think about the level of organization of the fight in the Russian capital?

- Moscow - city of the giant, and interest in boxing in it - too huge. Memories of a boxing evening in Moscow, in which Vitali won Charr, I have only positive.

- And your brother will return to the ring?

- Ask this question to Vitaly.

- But you are the brother of ...

- His brother did not know anything at all ( laughs ). Politics, of course, takes a lot of time - is a daily, hourly work. I can not say for my brother if he would continue to box or not.

- Imagine the situation. Here is the top 100 boxers, and you can choose any rivals who wish. Who would after Pianeta met?

- With Povetkin. I have the desire. It was up to the fight with Pianeta, and after it will be. Generally, there are many athletes who cry, saying, want to box, but then you hear in the negotiations: "I certainly do, but not this year. And not in his next bout. I need another two fights to gain experience "- and so on. And it happens: Boxer says one thing and promoter - more. The latter - a very different vision.

- On the Internet often have to meet the statements supposedly Klitschko conclude with rivals onerous contracts ...

- Before a meeting in 2006 with Chris Byrd here in Mannheim, in a battle in which I was able to regain the title, I signed that contract, which is demanded of me opponent. And do not get a match, in fact, nothing. Especially when you consider that before spending money on lawyers, the courts against Don King and IBF. Let me remind you, though I was number one in the rankings, but I did not give this fight. In general, boxed free. So all this talk about the options, conditions and so on perceive quiet ... Frankly, it's ridiculous to look at the guys that maybe something somewhere and shown, but is not enough to claim for themselves the magnificent condition. I remember after that went through what fights the courts to achieve the goal. When offered such sums as Povetkin, and then no one comes to the press conference ... At least one of the Sauerland appeared and said, "Guys, I'm sorry."

- Today at a press conference Francesco Pianeta made a good impression. It looks like a nice guy.

- But the hard beats. In general, the dark horse. Even despite the fact that I was with him once boxed in sparring. As a boxer he was very uncomfortable. And Pianeta won most formidable opponent - cancer. This is harder than boxing world champion. Hence, the mental plane, he is very strong.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manuel Charr will undergo knee surgery.

Charr to undergo knee surgery - Dan Rafael Blog - ESPN

Vitali Klitschko will soon decide on whether to run for mayor of Kiev:

World Boxing News - Vitali Klitschko to make decision on Kiev Mayoral elections

Abdusalamov is ready for Bisbal tomorrow night:

http://www.allboxing.ru/archives/2013-03-07_16_08.html

Andrzej Wawrzyk will be fighting again on March 23.

Andrzej Wawrzyk przed Wojak Boxing Night w Częstochowie

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lucas Browne vs. James "Lights Out" Toney is in the works. Browne says there's a "80-90% chance" of the fight happening.

Lucas Browne has James Toney and David Price in his sights | Boxing News Online

Trainer Tommy Brooks says Alexander Dimitrenko has improved and he wants a rematch with Kubrat Pulev:

Trener Dimitrenki: Najpierw Pulew, sześć miesięcy później Kliczko! - BoxingBet.pl

El Kabong Guest

So Wlad "Boxed free" vs Byrd in the rematch.....kind of surprising admission

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali Klitschko makes the list of the all-time top ten boxers over the age of 40.

Виталий Кличко вошел в десятку лучших 40-летних боксеров всех времен

Chris Byrd interview (use google translate). Byrd says that Wladimir Klitschko is a harder puncher than Vitali.

Крис Берд: У Владимира Кличко удар гораздо сильнее, чем у Виталия

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information