Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Chances of a "Super 4" series with Hatton, Khan, Witter and Brook...?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chances of a "Super 4" series with Hatton, Khan, Witter and Brook...?

This would be great for the game i think... Serious money could be made here...

Would love to see Hatton get back into shape and get some good wins under his belt then take on one of these 3.

If the Promoters can use their brains and get this sorted it could be HUGE

Hypathetically.... And if Hatton was fit who would you pick...?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The names are attractive but to pick a fave would be hard no because of the unknown variables....ie what condition is Khan in after last fight, how serious is Hatton taking this, is Brook truly the real deal, how much does Witter have left..etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chances of a "Super 4" series with Hatton, Khan, Witter and Brook...?

A prime Hatton beats them all but at this stage, i would be only confident of Hatton beating Witter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prime hatton afew years ago smashes them all, he only got beat by the two best p4p's, id hate to see hatton get beat by kahn now!!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chances of a "Super 4" series with Hatton, Khan, Witter and Brook...?

The more i think about this the more i think it could be Great, With Hatton and Witter getting on a bit and Khan at a crossroads..

I see Brook getting found out sooner or later so hopefully this could be a reality.

Out of the 4 Brook is really the only one going forward at present.

Could be an interesting year 2013...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan carnt cope with been put under pressure if he doesnt get you out of there in 3 rounds he stuggles. So prime Hatton stops Khan in 7 for me he would be a nightmare for Khan with his left hook to body and head. Brook has only fought one decent pressure fighter and went tooth and nail with him so not convinced by him. I think Brook will get found out sooner raver than later.

It all depends on what Hattons punch resistance is like now he got rocked by the light hitting Lazcano and ko'ed by Pac no shame in that 1. It could of been him just struggling with the weight. Will find out when he does come back cause Ricky has never been hard to hit.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    The more i think about this the more i think it could be Great, With Hatton and Witter getting on a bit and Khan at a crossroads..

I see Brook getting found out sooner or later so hopefully this could be a reality.

Out of the 4 Brook is really the only one going forward at present.

Could be an interesting year 2013...
    I would love that.

Hatton vs Witter
    Brook vs Khan

Winners fight.

I cannot decide who i think would win. Trying so hard, but can't settle on anyone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't really see Witter doing much in the sport now. I believe he has Gavin next and if Gavin is right in the head and fully fit I see a changing of the guard. Witter is experienced, good chin, awkward fucker but I think his best days are well and truly gone.

Brook might have looked bad last time out but that there's a lot of positives to take from that fight. he got his nose smashed in had to fight through it and found himself in a war. The most important thing is he proved to himself that he can come through a tough fight, fight through the exhaustion and injury and still find a way to win. Next time he is in a tough fight maybe a long way down the road and for big money and titles he can go back to that night and it will help him. The experience will be there to get him through, he wont start flapping and throw it away. I think I must be one of the only people who gives Brook respect for that fight. Jones was an improving fighter and he was no journeyman. If it had have been a walkover then brook fights for a title down the line, gets bashed up and stopped everyone would be saying 'he's had it all his own way, he never had enough learning fights'.

Hatton has a lot too prove as he admits, if he can have a fight or 2 against decent opposition then aim for Malignaggi then you would have to make him one to fear out of these 4 as he is the most experienced. He's done it all, win, lose, get KO'd, experience the big fight atmosphere nothing will phase him.

Khan has speed and ...erm....some big fight experience.....erm and nope that's about it. I don't like him, he still thinks he can win pro world title fights fighting the way he did against Kindelan in their rematch. Bouncing around, in and out with straight shots, chin in the air. He is the equivalent to crap boybands. Manufactured, pockets lined from the start. no substance. I feel sorry for him in a way, I reckon he has been rushed but he thought he was too good to clear up in Britain first where he could have had learning fights and it's bitten him on the arse a couple of times now. Big respect for winning Olympic silver at 17 years old, cant knock that.

For me it would be between Brook and Hatton.

Assuming Hatton gets back to tip top shape and can handle fighting again and Brook can bounce back well from the Jones war then I give it as 50/50.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't realize Witter was even still fighting. There must be a better British fourth, no?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Re: Chances of a "Super 4" series with Hatton, Khan, Witter and Brook...?

[QUOTE=armyash;1098165]Don't really see Witter doing much in the sport now. I believe he has Gavin next and if Gavin is right in the head and fully fit I see a changing of the guard. Witter is experienced, good chin, awkward fucker but I think his best days are well and truly gone.

Brook might have looked bad last time out but that there's a lot of positives to take from that fight. he got his nose smashed in had to fight through it and found himself in a war. The most important thing is he proved to himself that he can come through a tough fight, fight through the exhaustion and injury and still find a way to win. Next time he is in a tough fight maybe a long way down the road and for big money and titles he can go back to that night and it will help him. The experience will be there to get him through, he wont start flapping and throw it away. I think I must be one of the only people who gives Brook respect for that fight. Jones was an improving fighter and he was no journeyman. If it had have been a walkover then brook fights for a title down the line, gets bashed up and stopped everyone would be saying 'he's had it all his own way, he never had enough learning fights'.

Hatton has a lot too prove as he admits, if he can have a fight or 2 against decent opposition then aim for Malignaggi then you would have to make him one to fear out of these 4 as he is the most experienced. He's done it all, win, lose, get KO'd, experience the big fight atmosphere nothing will phase him.

Khan has speed and ...erm....some big fight experience.....erm and nope that's about it. I don't like him, he still thinks he can win pro world title fights fighting the way he did against Kindelan in their rematch. Bouncing around, in and out with straight shots, chin in the air. He is the equivalent to crap boybands. Manufactured, pockets lined from the start. no substance. I feel sorry for him in a way, I reckon he has been rushed but he thought he was too good to clear up in Britain first where he could have had learning fights and it's bitten him on the arse a couple of times now. Big respect for winning Olympic silver at 17 years old, cant knock that.

For me it would be between Brook and Hatton.

Assuming Hatton gets back to tip top shape and can handle fighting again and Brook can bounce back well from the Jones war then I give it as 50/50.[/QU

Good post

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This would be more of a Super 2 or Super 3 than a Super 4, as Witter is just about shot and Hatton is an unknown.

Khan's chin and confidence are also a bit in question, tho I may make him the favorite.

I'm hearing a lot of good things about Kell Brook, but so far he's still untested at the elite level.

I do think these 4 could make a ton of cash in the UK and this would be a good thing for boxing.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it is too premature to think about this. Hatton has been out 3 years and has documented problems, we have no idea where his resistance and stamina are at. I am really just wanting to see what Hatton does in this first comeback fight. If he looks quick, has that footwork and most of all responds well to taking a punch, then I will say onwards to higher things.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no way Hatton would be ready for Khan or Brooks yet and maybe never. Hatton could beat Witter but I think he hates him so much that he will not fight him ever.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information