Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marquez vs pacman 5..why?

Share/Bookmark
    jon09 Guest

Default Re: Marquez vs pacman 5..why?

No need for a 5th. JMM vs Bradley would be great and Pac vs Paulie for a soft touch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by belakbox View Post
    I hope he fights and is able to KO Brandon Rios. He should be able to with no problems but you know how boxing is...full of surprises.
    I was thinking about him fighting Rios earlier, it's a fight he should win but wouldn't surprise me if after such a great performance against Pac he then lost...then what? would make it even harder to walk away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only reason I see for a 5th match now would be if Pacman got revenge and Maweather stayed unbeaten it would once again become the must see fight for the world again.

The thing every boxing fan was afraid of has happened. Pac vs Mayweather constantly avoiding each other, Pac has now lost twice, once by devastating KO, he has lost his aura of (close to) invincibility. Now there is not so much excitement surrounding the fight.

Oh well it's something the can regret when they are long retired and they realise they could have left a huge historical foot print on the world.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see any reason for why there can't be a fifth fight. It's been a terrific series. Every single fight has been great. However, that's if Manny continues to fight. In my opinion, Manny should retire. It appears that he is done as an elite fighter. He's made his money and fought great fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no point for 5 JMM already proved he is the better Man period.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its all up to JMM. He could easily retire on a high and very loud note now. If he agrees to a 5th he would only give Pac a chance at revenge and then sending this saga into an even longer run.

I think at this point, its easy to close the book with that chapter because after all that violence only the brave would want to continue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    I hope he fights and is able to KO Brandon Rios. He should be able to with no problems but you know how boxing is...full of surprises.
    I was thinking about him fighting Rios earlier, it's a fight he should win but wouldn't surprise me if after such a great performance against Pac he then lost...then what? would make it even harder to walk away.
    that's true. If he could walk away now it would be the perfect moment. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight again win or lose. He's already a living legend and nothing will change that. The dude is 40!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that's true. If he could walk away now it would be the perfect moment. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight again win or lose. He's already a living legend and nothing will change that. The dude is 40!
    Crazy aint it, good time to retire, maybe one farewell fight in Mexico would be good. Not such a hard fight so he can enjoy occasion. He deserves it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    I don't see any reason for why there can't be a fifth fight. It's been a terrific series. Every single fight has been great. However, that's if Manny continues to fight. In my opinion, Manny should retire. It appears that he is done as an elite fighter. He's made his money and fought great fights.
    I disagree.

Pac can make a load of money still fighting and he can prove he can bounce back.

Did old marquez retire after the last bout? No. He sucked it up and carried on like a warrior.

Pac showed he was still his usual dangerous self last night and he had me worried after he knocked down marquez...but marquez threw the picture perfect sugar ray robinson counter punch that was a beautiful thing to behold.

Pacs power is still there so is his speed.
    He needs to beat bradley and another solid welterweight to get a shot at marquez again.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crazy aint it, good time to retire, maybe one farewell fight in Mexico would be good. Not such a hard fight so he can enjoy occasion. He deserves it.
    Well said.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM just removed the biggest question mark from his career and legacy. No reason for him to fight Pac again. Nothing to gain, only lose. If he does it, it is for the money and fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Pacquiao may want to try avenge this loss, so thats a reason for pac-jmm 5 from his perspective. I think the same would happen again though. Marquez could always hit Pac, so this powered up version will most likely get the KO each time. But for Marquez, why risk it?
    I'd like this JMM to fight Mayweather.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    I disagree.

Pac can make a load of money still fighting and he can prove he can bounce back.

Did old marquez retire after the last bout? No. He sucked it up and carried on like a warrior.

Pac showed he was still his usual dangerous self last night and he had me worried after he knocked down marquez...but marquez threw the picture perfect sugar ray robinson counter punch that was a beautiful thing to behold.

Pacs power is still there so is his speed.
    He needs to beat bradley and another solid welterweight to get a shot at marquez again.
    I don't think he needs to beat anybody. People will pay to see an immediate rematch. It'll do over a million PPV buys again and it'll sell out any stadium they put it in. Arum could turn it into a massive event by putting it in Cowboys Stadium. It might even make more money than the fight last night.

I'm sure Manny wants it and I don't think JMM will turn it down if he gets a bigger chunk of the split.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought that fight number 4 was already excessive as did many others here. But I think last night was a suitable end to this story. Marquez has done enough and should leave on a high. No need to make these two fight over and over again.

Pacquiao need not retire just yet. Hes a bit younger and still has enough skill for some good fights against OTHER opponents. A fight with Mayweather is better at this point, even though less intriging, then an unnecessary repeat with Marquez.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No need. If anything Marquez has more than earned the repsect to close this book and put it on his shelf of legacy. He has arguably gotten better with each fight and capped it off with an ending that usually comes in the beginning of a long fight series and then results in a second, third...but not a 5th. This was a progression. In its own way somewhat of an accumulation spread over bouts. Outboxed boxed him last time...knocked him cold this time.

I have the utmost respect for Manny. The name it self polarizes people as well as transcends the sport. But he needs to sit down and think...decide if he is the fierce force and can bring back the manic-Manny that he once was and walks foes down. Honestly, if anything after the last three fights..he needs to earn it back! Start with Bradley. Screw money and what he'll 'draw'. Fans need to stop playing fighter accountants. Pac needs to do it for him and only him. Put that beating on that you should have in the first place. Delete it and reset.

Thread Information