Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pac-Naz - we now have definitve proof. Fact.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pac-Naz - we now have definitve proof. Fact.

Styles make fights.

I think the 126 Marquez puts on a clinic and Manny probably gets stopped. Marquez was never off his feet prior to Manny and it was the speed and opposite side that worked at the start. Hameds rubber band man routine does not work with Marquez southpaw or not.
    Last edited by IamInuit; 12-11-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Look, I'm just basing this factual reasoning on pure statistcal verified data.

Naz had a 100% knockdown to knockout conversation rate at featherweight. That is a fact. Marquez hit the canvas numerous times at featherweight, let alone other weights. Therefore the stats indicate Naz, who was P4P one of the hardest punchers ever, KO's Marquez.

Marquez is a greater fighter than Naz in the grand scheme of things. But even if Naz knocked him spark out, which is highly likely, it wouldn't have altered Marquez high postion in boxing. Fact.

You're playing silly numbers games. Naz knocked out everyone he ever knocked down....... Marquez has hit the canvas before. So you add A plus B, and you get C. Then you throw Marquez a backhanded compliment saying he would "highly likely" get knocked out by Naz... but he'd still be great. Cute.

Has anyone bought that, that you know of?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that is all.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly, Fenster trollin'.

Pac I guess you can say is a pick em fight - but Naz beating JMM?

Top trollin' *CLAP CLAP CLAP*

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Look, I'm just basing this factual reasoning on pure statistcal verified data.

Naz had a 100% knockdown to knockout conversation rate at featherweight. That is a fact. Marquez hit the canvas numerous times at featherweight, let alone other weights. Therefore the stats indicate Naz, who was P4P one of the hardest punchers ever, KO's Marquez.

Marquez is a greater fighter than Naz in the grand scheme of things. But even if Naz knocked him spark out, which is highly likely, it wouldn't have altered Marquez high postion in boxing. Fact.

You're playing silly numbers games. Naz knocked out everyone he ever knocked down....... Marquez has hit the canvas before. So you add A plus B, and you get C. Then you throw Marquez a backhanded compliment saying he would "highly likely" get knocked out by Naz... but he'd still be great. Cute.

Has anyone bought that, that you know of?
    I hope not for their sake.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What about the Pacquio benchmark though Fenster ? Seeing as how 100% of Hamed's embarassing, near shutout losses came at the hands of Mexican Pacman opponents it provides us with solid, FACTual data for comparison.

Each fighter starts with 100 points.

MAB lost 100% of his bouts with Pac, 50% of those by stoppage.
    We have to -100 for the lack of a W and -50 for the tko.

For JMM we will grade him twice as to be unbiased - once based off general concensus and once based off of judges scores.

Opinion/fact: JMM lost 0% of his bouts with Pac and stopped him once in four. We will award him a 25% bonus for that KO, for a score of 125

Fact (disputed): JMM lost 50% of his bouts with pac, drew 25% and won 25% by KO. This leaves him with a final score of 95.5% (-50 for the losses, plus 17.5 for the draw and 25% for the KO. Still considerably higher than MABs MINUS 150.

If -150 on the pacbaromoter is enough to secure a clear UD that saw Hamed do the chicken dance several times, then I cannot dispute that a score of either 125 or even 92.5 mean that Hamed doesn't see at least the 6th round.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Marquez has surpassed the great Barrera.

However, any boxing expert, especially one versed in the technical artistry of the sport, can only envisage one winner with prime Naz countering his bombs against those exposed bonces.

Marquez would have lasted longer than Pac, but ultimately it's impossible to see either of these serial canvas victims getting past 3. Against old Naz Marquez might have gone the distance. Pac would have still gone in 3. It's just basic undeniable logic.
    That depends which version of Pac would have fought, before or after changing his religion.
    The fact is all three lose against the great Mighty Mike. Fact

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    What about the Pacquio benchmark though Fenster ? Seeing as how 100% of Hamed's embarassing, near shutout losses came at the hands of Mexican Pacman opponents it provides us with solid, FACTual data for comparison.

Each fighter starts with 100 points.

MAB lost 100% of his bouts with Pac, 50% of those by stoppage.
    We have to -100 for the lack of a W and -50 for the tko.

For JMM we will grade him twice as to be unbiased - once based off general concensus and once based off of judges scores.

Opinion/fact: JMM lost 0% of his bouts with Pac and stopped him once in four. We will award him a 25% bonus for that KO, for a score of 125

Fact (disputed): JMM lost 50% of his bouts with pac, drew 25% and won 25% by KO. This leaves him with a final score of 95.5% (-50 for the losses, plus 17.5 for the draw and 25% for the KO. Still considerably higher than MABs MINUS 150.

If -150 on the pacbaromoter is enough to secure a clear UD that saw Hamed do the chicken dance several times, then I cannot dispute that a score of either 125 or even 92.5 mean that Hamed doesn't see at least the 6th round.
    A sober analysis of your data leads me to believe you are correct. The numbers are very revealing.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I first opened this thread I thought that maybe Fenster had gone about it in the wrong way. It was obviously too obvious.

But no. Quite amusing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like the thread. It feels like the boxing Taliban have been overthrown - you can say Naz beats Pac, without fear. Yay.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one can really right off Naz because he punched so hard. It could happen that he catches JMM and stops him as he has the power. However no one has stopped Marquez and he has been in the ring with Manny 4 times so he knows how to handle himself. He would probably have an easier time with Naz as the fight would be less intense than they are with Manny but he would have to concentrate on not get caught with the unusual punches that Naz threw. 80% likely that JMM would have won.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Exactly, Fenster trollin'.

Pac I guess you can say is a pick em fight - but Naz beating JMM?

Top trollin' *CLAP CLAP CLAP*
    Starting a thread is not trolling. Posting pithy one liners and sarcastic emoticons ? That is trolling. I should know apparently I couldn't be more troll like if I lived under a bridge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez ducked Nas and rejected what would've been the highest purse of his career

Prime Nas, who was hungry and focused and had yet to be limited by the chronic swelling problems he developed in his hands would've given Pac a fight.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You think the 'chronic swelling problems' were just limited to his hands?

You're right though, Marquez cherry picked all of his fights, he strikes me as the type of fighter who is fearful of a loss and who avoided the best, never seeking them and his legacy will always have a huge blemish on it for not fighting Naseem p4p the greatest hamed.

I'm starting to lose count of the ammount of Frank Warren fighters who have holes in their records because 'fighter X turned down a career high pay day'.

I'm starting to suspect that there's maybe more to these fights not coming off than that, but then again Warren is so trustworthy...

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TysonBomb View Post
    Marquez ducked Nas and rejected what would've been the highest purse of his career

Prime Nas, who was hungry and focused and had yet to be limited by the chronic swelling problems he developed in his hands would've given Pac a fight.

I honestly tried to find a vid of people supporting your (and Fenster's) theory, but this is the closest I could come up with.

Thread Information