Wolfe and the rest wouldn't last in the big time and they know it

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BDO Darts

Waites is good enough for the PDC, potentially good enough to be top 10. He hits 100 averages in other events (had 99.86 average in 2010 Grand Slam final) but you probably play better based on your opposition and for the most part the opposition was awful O'Shea is a good player too and would be top 20-25

Waites average (86) was the lowest for any BDO winner in 19 years!! Phil Taylor still holds the highest from 21 years ago.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor is a beast though isn't he?
    16 time champion likely won't be matched in 200 years.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Over the past 3 years Waites has won the Grand Slam of Darts, which includes ALL the top PDC players, lost in a final to Taylor, BEAT Taylor in the round robin this year, and ended up losing to MVG who was averaging a ridiculous 105+ average over 30+ legs.

The overall standard of that BDO championship was shocking (not one player hit a 100+ average or even a 170 checkout, let alone a 9 darter) but Waites has already proven he can beat the big boys.
    so why hasn't he moved across then ?

He probably needs players to push him more to raise his game now. O'Shea was 79 average at one point yesterday.

Strange isn't it. Taylor averaged 92 in his first round match at PDC and immediately a lot of people were writing him off
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PDC = big fish
    BDO = little fish

I like both but that seems the best way to separate them doesn't it?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Over the past 3 years Waites has won the Grand Slam of Darts, which includes ALL the top PDC players, lost in a final to Taylor, BEAT Taylor in the round robin this year, and ended up losing to MVG who was averaging a ridiculous 105+ average over 30+ legs.

The overall standard of that BDO championship was shocking (not one player hit a 100+ average or even a 170 checkout, let alone a 9 darter) but Waites has already proven he can beat the big boys.

He probably needs players to push him more to raise his game now. O'Shea was 79 average at one point yesterday.

Strange isn't it. Taylor averaged 92 in his first round match at PDC and immediately a lot of people were writing him off
    I admit I didn't think he would ever win another World Title. I had MvG, Whitlock and Barney as my 3 pics. Taylor was awesome in the final, although even with that in mind, MvG should've won imo. He had a dart for 5-2 and then lost 5 sets in a row, his scoring let him down after the 7th set. Great game though!

Can't wait for Prem league, will be great to see how MvG does.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

When they move across they have to first qualify for the main tour and then start every tournament in round 1. There's no guarantee you will get to play in the world championship let alone any other TV major.

Loads switch every year from the BDO to the PDC and loads end up back in the BDO (Bunting, Green, Eccles etc from this Lakeside comp). Look what happened to Ted Hankey this year (couldn't get near winning a floor tournament let alone qualify for TV).

If you play darts as a secondary profession, as guys like Waites do, and pick up £100,000 and qualify for £100,000 PDC tournaments, it can't be a simple decision to give that up to start again from scratch.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Obviously not confident in himself - is there even another televised BDO tournament during the year ?!?

Yes H - he should have gone 5-2 up. From tht moment on Taylor's first dart started t find the 60 too and it looked ominous. I still can't get over how good his switch is to the 57 either.

Taylor will win one maybe two more worlds I reckon after that the baton passes to MVG. He too is good enough to dominat like Taylor - not to the same extent mind, no one will ever do that
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the past few years, live on ITV and SKY Waites has beaten - Taylor, Barney, Lewis, Wade, Anderson, Whitlock, Jenkins and Thornton among lots of other top PDC players

Basically he's beaten every top PDC player.

I hope he switches to the PDC too, because without one of the worlds obvious best players, it devalues the PDC championship.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information