Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris eubank jr.... Winner of annoying boy award

Quote Originally Posted by Domiko View Post
    His brother is good a southpaw i think seen hom knock someone cold at a show he looks exciting. Vendettos your probably just past puberty and dont remember his dad too much, but the son annoyingly copies things his dad did, hes an ok fighter but i look forward to him fighting a live fighter. Pryce was old and done.
    Firstly my kids are probably near you're age.

Secondly, and also cliche, but I have probably forgotten more about boxing and it's history than you'll ever learn.

My point is valid. He's doing what he's doing and doing it good.

Stop making threads about who dislike as no one gives a shit.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes he is annoying much like his old man. How big is your ego when not happy with being at your sons fight you then have to give your advice from the sidelines? If Sr wants to do that why not train him and work his corner? Is hard to know how much is a show and how much is Jr. His dad was a pretentious twit at times and it was refreshing to see Collins out psyche him, but in real life he was much less of a dick. In boxing as in life there will come a time when Jr has to be his own man, Ross is right in that as he learns to loosen up he will bang a but more but I am not sure he will ever have the power his Dad did. He is being matched tough and is coping well in a domestic division deep with talent so we will soon see how far he has come, good luck to him. For what it is worth I once shared a table on a train carriage from London to Brighton with Chris Sr, and he was very civil, personable and not at all aloof.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Yes he is annoying much like his old man. How big is your ego when not happy with being at your sons fight you then have to give your advice from the sidelines? If Sr wants to do that why not train him and work his corner? Is hard to know how much is a show and how much is Jr. His dad was a pretentious twit at times and it was refreshing to see Collins out psyche him, but in real life he was much less of a dick. In boxing as in life there will come a time when Jr has to be his own man, Ross is right in that as he learns to loosen up he will bang a but more but I am not sure he will ever have the power his Dad did. He is being matched tough and is coping well in a domestic division deep with talent so we will soon see how far he has come, good luck to him. For what it is worth I once shared a table on a train carriage from London to Brighton with Chris Sr, and he was very civil, personable and not at all aloof.
    In regards to his power compared to his dad, he has more kos than his dad did when he had as many fights as jr does now.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    In regards to his power compared to his dad, he has more kos than his dad did when he had as many fights as jr does now.
    That is interesting.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont wish him bad just dont like those zoolander facial poses he pulls. And how he tries to fight like he has a massive dig, he seems to have a good engine and workrate so if he sticks to his strengths could do ok.

Thats not his fault. It's a disease. Eubank Jr. also can't turn left.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously his face poses?? Try to imagine having Sr as thee old man. Who cares. I watch boxing for the boxing first and foremost. This kid if anything is a breath of fresh air. Turns pro and proceeds to fight 9 times in one year including twice in a week. I don't think anybody has had that kind of activity level since Tyson. My only worry for the kid joking aside as he climbs the ladder is the distraction of his father.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Seriously his face poses?? Try to imagine having Sr as thee old man. Who cares. I watch boxing for the boxing first and foremost. This kid if anything is a breath of fresh air. Turns pro and proceeds to fight 9 times in one year including twice in a week. I don't think anybody has had that kind of activity level since Tyson. My only worry for the kid joking aside as he climbs the ladder is the distraction of his father.
    I agree he needs a fight with sr in a different city, or building at least.

But he does add the "breathe of fresh air" I've certainly been looking for.

Just a little more power and he's golden.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair enough it was mabey the immature crap iv seen you write before made me think you were 12, if you dont like my posts dont read them...... But your interested and keep writing i have wrote about a prospect who although he is talented annoys me with the copy the dad act. Its free to give my opinion. Eubank turned pro in the usa and would have probably fought a little better opponents than jr he only had one less ko at the same point his son is now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't like Eubank jr at first but now respect him. I'm sure he has had a few breaks along the way courtesy of his dad, he's lucky for that. At the end of the day though, it is him who has to take the punches and it is something he is prepared to do. Fighting that much in 1st year as a pro? Can't knock that. Hopefully he can keep up a similar level of activity over the next couple of years.

Did anyone else ever see 'At home with the Eubanks'? reality programme which just the family at home, wouldn't have expected them boys to look like they do in that pic with Haye. Wish I had enough hours in the day to train that much!

It can be a bit cringey watching him try to be his dad with his style and the way he moves but every blokes hero should be their dad and if it isn't then their dad messed up somewhere.
    Last edited by armyash; 02-12-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a fan of junior, he is a quality fighter and why not use his dads experience and fame. He would be a fool not to.

I did not know about his brother, that is very interesting and exciting.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha, was just nosing at Eubank jr's twitter account and after super middle weight Frank Buglioni has mentioned wanting to fight Eubank, Eubank shot him down with this gem

"@FrankBuglioni you're not Degale. You're a guy who just went the distance with a bum who I stopped in 4 rounds in my first fight 2 years ago"

This is Buglioni in his last fight against Chris Eubanks first pro victim

Boxing: Frank.Buglioni.Vs.Kirill.Psonko - Live at 20.7.2013 - YouTube

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That "bum" is a journeyman, he hardly ever gets stopped, Eubank jr spent 4 rounds hitting his arms before the ref stepped in, he didn't even floor him, I doubt Buglioni's mob thought it would be a quick night.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    His brother is good a southpaw i think seen hom knock someone cold at a show he looks exciting. Vendettos your probably just past puberty and dont remember his dad too much, but the son annoyingly copies things his dad did, hes an ok fighter but i look forward to him fighting a live fighter. Pryce was old and done.
    Firstly my kids are probably near you're age.

Secondly, and also cliche, but I have probably forgotten more about boxing and it's history than you'll ever learn.

My point is valid. He's doing what he's doing and doing it good.

Stop making threads about who dislike as no one gives a shit.
    you seem to have a lot of testosterone for someone with grown up kids

people usually mellow out when they grow up a bit
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    That "bum" is a journeyman, he hardly ever gets stopped, Eubank jr spent 4 rounds hitting his arms before the ref stepped in, he didn't even floor him, I doubt Buglioni's mob thought it would be a quick night.
    Fact remains that the journeyman had a far easier time against Buglioni, in Buglionis 9th fight almost landing at will in the last few rounds, than he did against Eubank Jr, In Eubanks very first pro bout! Also, dont forget that Buglioni is a supermiddle and should have been able to stop Psonko, especially seeing as Eubank is not a big puncher...

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Fact remains that the journeyman had a far easier time against Buglioni, in Buglionis 9th fight almost landing at will in the last few rounds, than he did against Eubank Jr, In Eubanks very first pro bout! Also, dont forget that Buglioni is a supermiddle and should have been able to stop Psonko, especially seeing as Eubank is not a big puncher...
    I also believe that Buglioni has had a lot of Am fights where as eubank only had a handful

its all a good comparison and looks good on Eubank
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information