Hello,

I am reading Jack Dempsey's book on prize fighting. There he discusses the technique for a knock-out jolt.
The formula is this

1.Set body weight in explosive motion
2.Form a power-line with the punching arm
3. Convey the moving body-weight by exploding against your opponent.

The problem for me is that he suggests no use of the rear (right) leg in his falling step:

Stand in the middle of the floor. Point your left foot at any distant object in the room. Place your right foot to the rear and slightly to the right of your left foot. Let your arms dangle loosely at your sides; you won't need to use them in the step. Bend your knees slightly. Bend your body forward slightly as you shift your weight forward onto your left foot, so that your right foot is resting only lightly on the ball of the foot. Remember that the knees are still slightly bent. Teeter up and down easily (half-bouncing without leaving the floor) to make certain you're in a comfortable, balanced position. If your position does not feel balanced and comfortable, move your right foot about slightly- but not much-to get a better balance as you teeter. You are resting only lightly on the ball of your right foot, remember. Stop teetering, but keep the knees slightly bent and your arms at your side.
Now-without any preliminary movement-take a long, quick step forward with your left foot, toward the object at which your left toe had been pointing (Figure 4). I emphasize: NO PRELIMINARY MOVEMENT BEFORE THE STEP.
However when I look at examples of fighters with a solid jab like Cotto and SRL I see somewhat different technique: they clearly transfer weight on the rear leg AFTER the step with the left, then push hard with the rear leg

Also, watching Jack Dempsey's fights, I cannot find any even slightest resemblance of the technique he describes. ANybody can help with this!