Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Micheal Owen

Michael Owen is retiring from professional football at the end of the season at the age of 33. He scored 40 times in 89 England appearances, including a memorable solo goal from the halfway line in a World Cup knockout match against Argentina in 1998 which was his peak. He did brilliantly to bang a hatrick against Germany in the famous 5-1 win and he stole Arsenal out of the FA cup with 2 goals in 7 minutes for Liverpool.

He scored 179 goals in 306 appearances for Liverpool. However he left Liverpool when he should have stayed for being a greedy git 2004, and failed at all the clubs he played with thereafter including Real Madrid, Newcastle United, Manchester United and Stoke City. The three-year spell at Manchester United which he will never be forgiven for yielded his first Premier League winner's medal, in 2011, but he was only ever used as a back-up player
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Micheal Owen

Up to a certain point he was a hero...then he was a cunt......an injured cunt

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Michael Owen is retiring from professional football at the end of the season at the age of 33. He scored 40 times in 89 England appearances, including a memorable solo goal from the halfway line in a World Cup knockout match against Argentina in 1998 which was his peak. He did brilliantly to bang a hatrick against Germany in the famous 5-1 win and he stole Arsenal out of the FA cup with 2 goals in 7 minutes for Liverpool.

He scored 179 goals in 306 appearances for Liverpool. However he left Liverpool when he should have stayed for being a greedy git 2004, and failed at all the clubs he played with thereafter including Real Madrid, Newcastle United, Manchester United and Stoke City. The three-year spell at Manchester United which he will never be forgiven for yielded his first Premier League winner's medal, in 2011, but he was only ever used as a back-up player
    As with a LOT of players, a greedy git never showed much loyalty to his clubs, do you no something
    fuck him,he lives about 15 miles up the road from me. I no people that are his friends, he was not really interested in his football for some time,!more into his race horses all he's been doing is
    treading water taking the money, a true Liverpool player would NEVER go to Manu.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know he loves betting and has a problem like @Fenster

Also I heard he bought a number of houses on the street for his family.

I also know he was on £25,000 per week at Stoke not pay per play contract.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great player Owen...and yeah he's minted...he invested wisely in property and race horse stables.
    Anyone who.sticks 3 past ze Germans is Royalty in my world and that goal against Argentina was amazing.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Great player Owen...and yeah he's minted...he invested wisely in property and race horse stables.
    Anyone who.sticks 3 past ze Germans is Royalty in my world and that goal against Argentina was amazing.
    I agree.

Nailed on England Legend
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    As with a LOT of players, a greedy git never showed much loyalty to his clubs, do you no something
    fuck him,he lives about 15 miles up the road from me. I no people that are his friends, he was not really interested in his football for some time,!more into his race horses all he's been doing is
    treading water taking the money, a true Liverpool player would NEVER go to Manu.
    He also rejected a move back to the 'Pool for Newcastle....fucking Toon!!! Who the fuck does that? He could have come back, had a swan song as a Red & everyone would have been all forgive & forget, but nope, I guess Toon was just too sweet of a deal

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is he a greedy cunt for leaving Liverpool to go to Real Madrid?

He's one of the best strikers we've produced over the last 30 or so years imo, a lethal finisher with a great record. It's a shame injuries hampered him so much. I don't think you'd have found many people that wouldn't have expected him to go on and become England's all time leading goalscorer at one point. He's still got an excellent record and won a fair amount of trophies, it just could have been so much more.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cressa121 View Post

He's one of the best strikers we've produced over the last 30 or so years imo, a lethal finisher with a great record. It's a shame injuries hampered him so much. I don't think you'd have found many people that wouldn't have expected him to go on and become England's all time leading goalscorer at one point. He's still got an excellent record and won a fair amount of trophies, it just could have been so much more.
    No, fair play for that, plus Rafa was just new to the club, but for willingly going to the Scum & then snubbing Liverpool a second time for Newcastle...yeah, he's a bastard for that and good riddance to him

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

No, fair play for that, plus Rafa was just new to the club, but for willingly going to the Scum & then snubbing Liverpool a second time for Newcastle...yeah, he's a bastard for that and good riddance to him
    Besides I bet Cress loved what he did at Newcastle.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Considering he cost them £16 million, plus millions more in wages over the course of his contract, only to spend the majority of his time injured before leading them to relegation and leaving on a free, I can safely say I quite enjoyed what he did there. Except for the time he scored twice against us in the derby. He's a bit of a cunt for that.

I can understand Liverpool fans being pissed at him signing for Man Utd, but I don't really see what the problem is with him signing for Newcastle when he came back to England. Maybe he just didn't want to go back and possibly take the shine off his previous achievements there.

It's a bit similar to Kevin Phillips with us. He had a few chances to re-join over the years but chose to sign first for Birmingham and then West Brom instead of coming back. I don't think anyone is that angry about him doing that, he still gets a great reception whenever he plays here. The last time he did, he got a massive ovation when he came on and then set up a goal within a minute. Still a legend.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Considering he cost them £16 million, plus millions more in wages over the course of his contract, only to spend the majority of his time injured before leading them to relegation and leaving on a free, I can safely say I quite enjoyed what he did there. Except for the time he scored twice against us in the derby. He's a bit of a cunt for that.

I can understand Liverpool fans being pissed at him signing for Man Utd, but I don't really see what the problem is with him signing for Newcastle when he came back to England. Maybe he just didn't want to go back and possibly take the shine off his previous achievements there.

It's a bit similar to Kevin Phillips with us. He had a few chances to re-join over the years but chose to sign first for Birmingham and then West Brom instead of coming back. I don't think anyone is that angry about him doing that, he still gets a great reception whenever he plays here. The last time he did, he got a massive ovation when he came on and then set up a goal within a minute. Still a legend.
    Owen went to Newcastle for a fat load of money, he should have re-joined Liverpool but glad he did not as he was past his best days. Where was he when Liverpool were in Istanbul?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was he not at Madrid then? It is quite unfortunate that he left for Madrid in the hopes of winning a champions league only for the team he'd just left to go on and win it. He won the UEFA Cup with you though, that's got to count for something.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was he not at Madrid then? It is quite unfortunate that he left for Madrid in the hopes of winning a champions league only for the team he'd just left to go on and win it. He won the UEFA Cup with you though, that's got to count for something.
    No

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No
    No, he wasn't at Madrid or no, the UEFA Cup doesn't count

If he was at Newcastle then well,

Thread Information