Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s next 5 fights- in no particular order!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    i think floyd should fight martinez next at 160. floyd should come in at 146 and would dominate martinez and win by late ko. easy fight for floyd. retirement money for martinez. win win situation.
    You crazy if he could not stop Guerrero he will not stop Sergio.
    Martinez is old and shot. He resembles an aged RJJ. He's lost his speed, reflexes, timing, balance... He's pretty much custom made for Floyd now. Floyd would shred him.
    Floyd would not beat Murray never mind Sergio, they are too big.
    Murray beat Martinez in my opinion and Floyd would pick Martinez to pieces. He lunges and swings wildly and would get counterpunched to death by Floyd. Easy work. I hope they fight so you get to see him destroyed.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd should stay away from 154 and if he beats martinez they would say hes old and past it.

Just stay at 147 and let everyone come to you. If canelo really wants it he is young enough and will be making his biggest payday he should fight at welter for his next fight and get used to the weight and fight floyd may 4th 2014..if not, give trout a rematch and fight martinez or chavez or is the latter to big for him now.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s next 5 fights- in no particular order!

He should fight Martinez at 154 next Cinco De Mayo. That would be an easy night's work for Floyd. Fights after that will take care of themselves, somebody will make themselves a viable opponent over the next year and a bit. The big question is who does he fight in September? I think he could beat Alvarez fairly easily, even a 171 pound Alvarez, although I'd make him drain a little. Floyd showed on Saturday night he still has his legs and I think he's got far too much for Alvarez's size to overcome.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think floyd should fight martinez next at 160. floyd should come in at 146 and would dominate martinez and win by late ko. easy fight for floyd. retirement money for martinez. win win situation.
    Martinez is old and shot. He resembles an aged RJJ. He's lost his speed, reflexes, timing, balance... He's pretty much custom made for Floyd now. Floyd would shred him.
    Murray beat Martinez in my opinion and Floyd would pick Martinez to pieces. He lunges and swings wildly and would get counterpunched to death by Floyd. Easy work. I hope they fight so you get to see him destroyed.
    What!!?!? What in the world were you smoking??
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    He should fight Martinez at 154 next Cinco De Mayo. That would be an easy night's work for Floyd. Fights after that will take care of themselves, somebody will make themselves a viable opponent over the next year and a bit. The big question is who does he fight in September? I think he could beat Alvarez fairly easily, even a 171 pound Alvarez, although I'd make him drain a little. Floyd showed on Saturday night he still has his legs and I think he's got far too much for Alvarez's size to overcome.
    Agreed, after seeing Canelo v Trout I do not think Floyd would have much trouble taking Canelo. I am sure Canelo would get in a few good shots. I guess these are the types of things we have to look forward to with Floyd

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry about the double post. I have yet to see this fight but see Showtime will be replaying the Floyd fight Saturday night. I have an image in my head from reading this and I am much looking forward to seeing this. From what others have said the Mares fight was good. When is it that fights like these popup on YouTube. THANKS.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Floyd should stay away from 154 and if he beats martinez they would say hes old and past it.

Just stay at 147 and let everyone come to you. If canelo really wants it he is young enough and will be making his biggest payday he should fight at welter for his next fight and get used to the weight and fight floyd may 4th 2014..if not, give trout a rematch and fight martinez or chavez or is the latter to big for him now.
    Yes stay at 147 and continue to fight light hitting blown up light weights.

Bradley - Mosquito Mitts
    Pac - Damaged goods
    JMM - AARP
    Khan - Fine China chin, terrible defense

Canelo only threat and still a little too raw. PGayF's resume of fighting singles hitters is a complete joke. Deserves Hall of fame but by no means ATG. " All Time Greatest Cherry Picker".

I would like to see him fight an equally athletic fighter like Devon Alexander or Trout.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alexander is a B level fighter at welterweight, Bradley showed that at light welter. Waste of time and effort for Floyd but he may take these type of opponents as it is easy money. Stupid Showtime contract.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm hearing some Devon Alexander's.... and no objections to Danny Garcia.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolutely, or Canelo at 154. @ruthless rocco They are both legacy-improving fights too, whereas taking on the Guerrero's/Garcia's/Alexander's of the world don't do anything for his legacy. Isn't it odd that he won't even answer questions about facing Martinez? He won't even consider it as an option even when Martinez has been calling him out for years.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem is now that Martinez is on HBO and Mayweather is on Showtime so we'll never get to see it, which is unfortunate because when Mayweather was on HBO, Martinez wanted the fight.

Other better options than Khan/Alexander/Garcia are Trout/Lara/Canelo.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Yes stay at 147 and continue to fight light hitting blown up light weights.

Bradley - Mosquito Mitts
    Pac - Damaged goods
    JMM - AARP
    Khan - Fine China chin, terrible defense

Canelo only threat and still a little too raw. PGayF's resume of fighting singles hitters is a complete joke. Deserves Hall of fame but by no means ATG. " All Time Greatest Cherry Picker".

I would like to see him fight an equally athletic fighter like Devon Alexander or Trout.
    Lol. This makes great sense.
    You would rather an athletic fighter like devon as your preferred opponent rather than the undefeated fighter that beat him and pacman?!

Great stuff.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Absolutely, or Canelo at 154. @ruthless rocco They are both legacy-improving fights too, whereas taking on the Guerrero's/Garcia's/Alexander's of the world don't do anything for his legacy. Isn't it odd that he won't even answer questions about facing Martinez? He won't even consider it as an option even when Martinez has been calling him out for years.
    Martinez wont answer any questions about fighting ward.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe because those questions aren't worth answering! The Martinez fight would only happen at 154...a weight that is FAR from ideal for Sergio. Floyd will not accept a catch weight (160) so that is a mute point. Add that to the fact that Martinez is on the slide and now injury prone...Floyd would school him badly. I can't see Canelo staying at 154 much longer (and there is no way he is coming down to 147 as someone suggested earlier). He already has stamina issue and struggling to make weight against a supremely conditioned athlete like Floyd would only make it more one sided in Floyd's favor. Floyd beats Canelo at 154. My point is...that Martinez and Canelo are not evenly matched on the weight issue to make these "legacy" fights for Floyd. Floyd is not going above 154...and to be honest...there is no reason for him to fight guys that will be outweighing him by 20-30 pounds come fight night.
    Last edited by zhubin; 05-08-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post
    Maybe because those questions aren't worth answering! The Martinez fight would only happen at 154...a weight that is FAR from ideal for Sergio. Floyd will not accept a catch weight (160) so that is a mute point. Add that to the fact that Martinez is on the slide and now injury prone...Floyd would school him badly. I can't see Canelo staying at 154 much longer (and there is no way he is coming down to 147 as someone suggested earlier). He already has stamina issue and struggling to make weight against a supremely conditioned athlete like Floyd would only make it more one sided in Floyd's favor. Floyd beats Canelo at 154. My point is...that Martinez and Canelo are not evenly matched on the weight issue to make these "legacy" fights for Floyd. Floyd is not going above 154...and to be honest...there is no reason for him to fight guys that will be outweighing him by 20-30 pounds come fight night.
    Are you suggesting that Floyd would have an easier time with Sergio Martinez or Canelo than he would with Amir Khan or Danny Garcia?

Thread Information