Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chisora v Wilder ?

A Chisora vs Wilder Summer Clash? | British Boxing News - Official UK British Boxers Website

Del boy isn't going to take him out but he could easily give Wilder some much needed rounds and test his stamina. Wilder looks very crude.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chisora v Wilder ?

I would love to see this! I hate Chisora but think he could take Wilder out!

El Kabong Guest

Would be a good test for Wilder. Chisora doesn't have huge power but he has a good chin. Wilder shouldn't have any trouble finding the target.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    A Chisora vs Wilder Summer Clash? | British Boxing News - Official UK British Boxers Website

Del boy isn't going to take him out but he could easily give Wilder some much needed rounds and test his stamina. Wilder looks very crude.
    Hell yeah, watch the reply of his Harrison finish.

He dropped him fair enough, then missed WILDLY with 10 swings. He was so off balance it's unreal. I remember Calzaghe finishing, and yes he could be wild, but mainly it was control shots landing, albeit not as powerful. Wilder needs to add some suaveness to his game.

Personally I'd say Del Boy beats him.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 05-06-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

El Kabong Guest

Wait a second, so Wilder hurts someone badly and guns for the KO and we complain? But Wladimir hurts someone and he takes it easy and we complain?

Just HOW persay is a fighter supposed to knock someone out then? Wilder tries too hard, Wladimir doesn't try hard enough, but ______ is JUUUUUST RIGHT.....eh Goldielocks?

Wilder should have 0 trouble with Chisora, he should pace himself a bit, but he'll land the right and once it hurts Del Boy (and it will) it'll be game over because Wilder will follow up hard

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He knocked Audley down but not out. Not so sure he will knock out Chisora. Chisora will sit on his chest, deny him room, force him to work for an opening.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

He knocked Audley down but not out. Not so sure he will knock out Chisora. Chisora will sit on his chest, deny him room, force him to work for an opening.
    After the beatings Chisora has taken and given his mental state....or "states" rather, I don't forsee DereCk (with a C...for the love of fuck) getting much better as a fighter and vs a white hot prospect like Wilder he might put up SOME resistence but the only way he wins is if Wilder gets tired of punching him in the head.

If Tyson Fury can beat Del Boy, Wilder won't have any trouble at all.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury beat an overweight, untrained, unfocused Chisora. I am not suggesting that Chisora makes easy work of it but Wilder is not IMO a white hot prospect. Wilder may get to him eventually but Chisora is not going to just stand in front of him or fold like Audley. Difficult to judge Wilder without seeing a few more rounds and that is what Chisora will give him. Chisora will not provide any answers on the vulnerability of Wilder's chin because he doesn't hit hard enough, but he is an awkward opponent with a lot of bottle. Plus he is mental.

Wilder seems to have not much more technique or finesses than Fury and that is pretty damning. Haye or Price would take his head off.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

He's got fast, dangerous, powerful punches...none of those mentioned would take a shot from Wilder well. I understand his chin is suspect, but power is the great equalizer

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This would be a good fight. Chisora should be durable enough and good enough to test Wilder and take him into the middle rounds at least. It'd show us how Wilder copes under pressure and whether he can actually box, as opposed to just coming in and banging overmatched fighters out in a couple of rounds.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is not a prime Chisora (if there ever was one). Wilder is definitely green and his chin hasn't been tested, but I just think his athletic ability will overcome a guy like Chisora pretty easily over the course of the fight. I think the first half of the fight could be competitive due to Wilder's lack of craft but his pressure will wear down Chisora and eventually put him out. I call and 8th or 9th round KO.

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder knocks out Chisora as he has done all his opponents and then sings again in the post match interview.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a TEST for both fighters,! first what Chisora has left, and what Wilder will do if he CAN'T put
    Dell Boy away in a few rounds.!
    Bring it on.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is all conjecture, but if Audley had gotten up I think Wilder would have put him away. Those wild misses whistling by his head might have convinced Audley and the referee the fight was over.
    Wilder beat Audley, that's good but not earth shaking in the world of boxing. I don't care who he fights as long as its a step up, instead of another lateral move.

Come on Deontay, you made a little noise, stirred up some interest but a win over Harrison simply means you are on the right track and in no way gives you the right to pat yourself on the back.
    Let's get this Bronze Bomber train rolling with two or three fights a year.
    When they go down, slow down--a little--and make sure every punch touches him somewhere.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder has great potential but he needs rounds. Chisora can give him that and he may also have Wilder fighting off the back foot so could teach him a thing or 2. Chisora is easy to hit though so it should provide Wilder with the perfect test to hone some new skills. I like the fight, but Wilder should beat him and learn a thing or two along the way.

Thread Information