Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Showtime/BoxNation - Marcos Maidana vs. Josesito Lopez Saturday Fight Night Chat

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Showtime/BoxNation - Marcos Maidana vs. Josesito Lopez Saturday Fight Night Chat

Decent weekend of Boxing. Showtime in the US and BoxNation in the UK are showing the Welterweight fight between Marcos Rene Maidana and Josesito Lopez.

Saturday June 8th 10PM ET / 7PM PT, 2AM UK
    Home Depot Center, Carson, CA (Showtime/BoxNation):
    Marcos Maidana vs. Josesito Lopez, 12 rounds Welterweight Contest
    Alfredo Angulo vs. Erislandy Lara, 12 Rounds Interim WBA junior Middleweight Title
    Jermall Charlo vs. Demetrius Hopkins, 12 Rounds, USBA junior Middleweight Title

http://sports.sho.com/events/maidana-vs-lopez

http://www.boxnation.com/boxing-matc...josesito-lopez
    Last edited by bzkfn; 06-04-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see Lopez staying in there with Maidana for long.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Showtime/BoxNation - Marcos Maidana vs. Josesito Lopez Saturday Fight Night Chat

If Maidana actually jabs again he'll win under 10 1/2.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Showtime/BoxNation - Marcos Maidana vs. Josesito Lopez Saturday Fight Night Chat

Unfortunate I am going to be mobile on Sat. and unable to watch the fight. I like Lopez, he seems decent guy in any interview I have seen with him. I think he was a gangbanger for sometime but was able to pull himself out of that lifestyle, you have to give credit credit to anyone who can get out of that lifestyle. I don't think Lopez stands much of a chance against Maidana. Perhaps he can get in another jawbreaker but without that I can't see him lasting twelve rounds. He is probably still recovering from his bout with Canelo.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lopez hard had his moment of fame and gets beat, hope I am wrong.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you guys across the pond seeing the undercard as well and whats the time delay-difference??

Maidana v Lopez will be a war while it last. Lopez is very live if he fights smart but he'll get sucked in and trade at some point. Maidana is fighting better as of late and should wear him down. HUGE weekend of action

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Are you guys across the pond seeing the undercard as well and whats the time delay-difference??

Maidana v Lopez will be a war while it last. Lopez is very live if he fights smart but he'll get sucked in and trade at some point. Maidana is fighting better as of late and should wear him down. HUGE weekend of action
    No we get to hear Bunce and his views.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The show starts 2AM here and LA is eight hours behind us so it'l be 6PM west coast time when the UK TV coverage starts. Hopefully with the Dawson fight being on the east coast the two main events won't overlap although you can bet HBO and Showtime will do their best to cancel each other out. If they do manage it I'm definitely watching the Maidana fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

The show starts 2AM here and LA is eight hours behind us so it'l be 6PM west coast time when the UK TV coverage starts. Hopefully with the Dawson fight being on the east coast the two main events won't overlap although you can bet HBO and Showtime will do their best to cancel each other out. If they do manage it I'm definitely watching the Maidana fight.
    Thats pretty much where I'm at with both starting the exact same time. The HBO card is good, buts really its not a barn burner. Two guys trying to refind themselves, not to mention I think its a split card They'll replay in the morning. Showtime is just a better presentation...Maidana v Lopez fireworks, I'll watch Charlo before I watch Dawson and Lara v Angulo ultimate styles clash.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Lopez wins. I think he will. By the way, he was never, to the best of my knowledge, a gang member, though that is certainly common in the area he is from. He was boxing from a very young age, turned pro as soon as he turned 18, after a pretty lengthy amateur career. His younger brother is also a pro, he fought on May 17th, and his youngest brother is a fairly accomplished amateur boxer.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    I hope Lopez wins. I think he will. By the way, he was never, to the best of my knowledge, a gang member, though that is certainly common in the area he is from. He was boxing from a very young age, turned pro as soon as he turned 18, after a pretty lengthy amateur career. His younger brother is also a pro, he fought on May 17th, and his youngest brother is a fairly accomplished amateur boxer.
    You could be right, it could have been Victor Ortiz who was hanging with the gangs. I saw interviews with both of them prior to there fight. I might be mixing them up. I will do a little research as I should have done prior to making my comment. I would like to see Lopez win I just don't see it happening.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going for a Maidana win though if it goes to the cards and it's close Lopez could get a hometown decision. He's got the potential to sell a lot of tickets in LA.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going for a Maidana win though if it goes to the cards and it's close Lopez could get a hometown decision. He's got the potential to sell a lot of tickets in LA.
    Good point. I watched the replay of Lopez fighting Ortiz. I forgot how close it was. I was only thinking of his fight with Canelo. Should be a good fight. I am going to have to catch the replay

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats pretty much where I'm at with both starting the exact same time. The HBO card is good, buts really its not a barn burner. Two guys trying to refind themselves, not to mention I think its a split card They'll replay in the morning. Showtime is just a better presentation...Maidana v Lopez fireworks, I'll watch Charlo before I watch Dawson and Lara v Angulo ultimate styles clash.
    I actually respectfully disagree. I think they are both solid cards.

Other than against Williams, I can't recall the last Lara fight was entertaining. Angulo-Lara is a good match, of course, but I'm not sure it's going to end up more than just Lara pot-shotting and running for 12 rounds.

Stevenson-Dawson has the potential to be an excellent fight. Stevenson can bomb, but can't box all that well. Dawson can box and is coming off a knockout loss to Ward at a weight class below. That's intrigue. Gamboa is athletic but vulnerable. We'll see.

Maidana-Lopez is an excellent fight. Lopez isn't great defensively and Maidana has transformed into more a boxer than previously. Great fight. I'll root for the young man from Riverside, but I have a feeling Maidana takes this one on the cards. I just think he has more wrinkles than Lopez.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

I actually respectfully disagree. I think they are both solid cards.

Other than against Williams, I can't recall the last Lara fight was entertaining. Angulo-Lara is a good match, of course, but I'm not sure it's going to end up more than just Lara pot-shotting and running for 12 rounds.

Stevenson-Dawson has the potential to be an excellent fight. Stevenson can bomb, but can't box all that well. Dawson can box and is coming off a knockout loss to Ward at a weight class below. That's intrigue. Gamboa is athletic but vulnerable. We'll see.

Maidana-Lopez is an excellent fight. Lopez isn't great defensively and Maidana has transformed into more a boxer than previously. Great fight. I'll root for the young man from Riverside, but I have a feeling Maidana takes this one on the cards. I just think he has more wrinkles than Lopez.
    Oh no, I'm not saying its a pile of a card...but being forced to pick I just prefer the Showtime trio plus its aired undercard to Hbo. Lara is like warm milk, I'm with ya there. Like I mentioned he'll probally bore it down to his pace. But given rebuild of Angulo whos been on the big stage and that Lara has been seemingly vulnerable I like the feel. Dawson, to me, strikes me similiar on bore meter. I've just never sat on the edge of my seat. With both fights honestly its the upset factor that peeks interest. I don't know alot of Gamboas opponent but the Gamboa train just looks to be going in circles. Maidana vs Lopez is going to be a scortcher, pure and straight.

Thread Information