User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Price getting Ko'd again?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Is Price getting Ko'd again?

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Was Thompson in trouble in the first fight? I must have missed that. If anyone is getting sparked before half way I can only see that being Price I'm afraid.
    Yeah Price shook him up a bit early on and he had Thompson on the defensive. However Thompson is comfortable on defense and as the cobwebs cleared for him Price was throwing wider and telegraphing his punches and that's when Tony clipped him.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He didnt shake him up or hurt Thompson at all. He landed a couple of tomes but he showed no signs of being hurt at all. If you think he did, get a youtube link and show us where?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a feeling Thompson will play possum and lure Price in , however it would be nice if Thompson really comes out looking for the KO.
    It will be fun while it lasts.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    He didnt shake him up or hurt Thompson at all. He landed a couple of tomes but he showed no signs of being hurt at all. If you think he did, get a youtube link and show us where?

Around the 7:30 mark about halfway in the 2nd round, Price landed some very solid blows. Thompson used very good defense and there is either a slip or Thompson's knee gives a bit indicating he got a little buzzed. Either way Thompson ended up falling backwards into the corner...I think he was the slightest bit hurt but when Price started hammering the body it allowed Thompson to recover and Price also closed the distance taking steam off his punches and allowed Thompson to tie him up.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its a bit rich Ross asking for evidence of a fighter being hurt, particularly where David Price is concerned. He routinely spots things that no one else spots which on replay didnt actually happen
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did catch the last 20 seconds of the Thompson-Price fight on youtube while doing some prep-work for my Prediction Competition championship, so I feel like a bit of an expert on this rematch. To be fair I don't know if you can make a definitive decision about Price's chin, it was an eardrum shot, and those can screw up your equilibrium (it seems like that's especially so early in a fight). He had all the tell-tale signs of it. In those 20 seconds I was not impressed with Price's defense though.

My gut feeling is Price wins the rematch, but the fact that Rhun picked him to win by KO has me a bit worried.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've called for a Price KO but I wouldn't be surprised if its the other way. Both men are capable of knockouts and Thompson has proved he can do it on Price before. But I do think Price is a decent fighter and with Lennox I really do hope he has learnt and can adjust to beat Thompson. I think he will be a lot more cautious though no doubt and I think that's what he will need to be, he needs to take the fight into the later rounds. Price needs to use his height and box more.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also is the Lennox help a one off thing? Or is he going to help Price more?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jesus, watching the fight again, thanks to that link posted, why is Thompson the underdog?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also think a mod should change the thread title to the fight chat thread as its on topic and the fights tomorrow.

Thompson weighed in 259
    Price 250

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll watch it but not live. It's going to be horrible to watch. Price will box in a way that makes Klitschko Junior look exciting and bore his way to a points victory. I'd spend the whole fight willing him to get sparked by Thompson for boring me and Thompson will let me down. Hope I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Around the 7:30 mark about halfway in the 2nd round, Price landed some very solid blows. Thompson used very good defense and there is either a slip or Thompson's knee gives a bit indicating he got a little buzzed. Either way Thompson ended up falling backwards into the corner...I think he was the slightest bit hurt but when Price started hammering the body it allowed Thompson to recover and Price also closed the distance taking steam off his punches and allowed Thompson to tie him up.
    Thompson has a lazy style and was fat. He was just leaning out the way until Price had settled down again.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I also think a mod should change the thread title to the fight chat thread as its on topic and the fights tomorrow.

Thompson weighed in 259
    Price 250
    No they shouldnt they should sticky the real Saturday fight night chat thread.

El Kabong Guest

Thompson has a lazy style and was fat. He was just leaning out the way until Price had settled down again.
    He fell into the corner...there's a difference between leaning and falling. Earlier on in the round he was leaning on the ropes...when he got clipped he fell into the corner.

But whatever you're going to stick to that the way you have stuck to "A 'Prime' Mike Tyson is unbeatable"

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information