Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amir Mansour " Tony Thompson, Arreola, and Stiverne dont want to fight me!"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Amir Mansour " Tony Thompson, Arreola, and Stiverne dont want to fight me!"

Somebody step up to the plate and fight this beast of a man.. I dont give a shit what anybody says.. Hardcore Amir Mansour is one of them throwback HWs from the golden era of Boxing like the 40s-70s when HWs were fast like a middleweight, threw combinations, and punched like a mule..

Mansour has this thing about him. U watch him fight and he's definitely not like any of the current HW fighters.. He got speed, skills, punching power, Boxing IQ, but more importantly, he stays in shape at all times and the man is truly dedicated to his craft.. How many other HW can claim this?

Straight from the horse's mouth

AMIR MANSOUR: "THESE TOP HEAVYWEIGHTS KEEP DUCKING...TONY THOMPSON DON'T WANNA FIGHT" || FIGHTHYPE

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Mansour " Tony Thompson, Arreola, and Stiverne dont want to fight me!"

Never heard of him.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Mansour " Tony Thompson, Arreola, and Stiverne dont want to fight me!"

I've been a fan of Mansour for a minute too. The problem is that he isn't with a big promoter and hasn't fought anyone. He needs a big step up in competition. He's not going to get a fight with Tony Thompson, Cris Arreola, or Bermain Stiverne because they are one step above him. He needs to fight and beat someone like Joe Hanks or Kubrat Pulev or Denis Boystov, a fight with real risk attached to it that will put people on notice. So far, he hasn't put anyone on notice. His threats ring hollow until he faces a risky opponent.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AMir was a hot prospect back in the early 2000s until he commited armed robbery and went to the joint for 10 years.. Since his release, dude has been wrecking everybody.

THing is, most people never seem him fight yet they just dismiss him due to his age.. IT's stupid..

Today's HW division is so weak, one dont need to be a young stud to make noise and shit. Age is nothing but a number especially in today's weak ass HW division..

Hardcore amir is only known in the hardcore Boxing circle..

It's about the mileage on the odometer, not the age, and Amir is a young 40...

El Kabong Guest

He's a throwback alright he could have fought in the 70's......he just that old

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL, well I don't blame him for calling out the upper echelon right away. Time isn't exactly on his side.

I'd like to see him fight a guy like Arreola!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem is that he remains with his local Delaware promoters. When was the last time he fought outside of Delaware? Of course, he is content to do that, it's fine, but if he wants to jump onto a bigger platform, he needs new people. I know almost for a fact that bigger name advisers have reached out to him and he hasn't elected to do it.

He can't realistically expect to face fighters that are already TV attractions. If he is attempting to make moves, he needs to take a risky fight in someone else's hometown. He should be gunning for a fight with a top prospect.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    The problem is that he remains with his local Delaware promoters. When was the last time he fought outside of Delaware? Of course, he is content to do that, it's fine, but if he wants to jump onto a bigger platform, he needs new people. I know almost for a fact that bigger name advisers have reached out to him and he hasn't elected to do it.

He can't realistically expect to face fighters that are already TV attractions. If he is attempting to make moves, he needs to take a risky fight in someone else's hometown. He should be gunning for a fight with a top prospect.
    That's what's really holding him up and it's bugging man!! He's really a notch above guys like Arreola, stiverne, and even Thompson but he needs to face them in order to prove that.

He needs to reach out to Dan Goosen or Shaw at least..

All he needs is some exposure and rest of the Americans would realize what a gem he is..

Amir Mansour would beat all the oridinary Euros right now...

El Kabong Guest

Faruq Saleem had a mighty good looking record for a while too....heck how would Mansour do vs Monte Barrett and the fact I even have to ask should tell you everything you need to know about the guy.

Fine he's fun to watch, but he's small, he's light, he's old, and I think he's just a free swinger who has not met someone who isn't afraid of his power yet.

He called out the Klitschko's not all that long ago....I mean come on, delusions of grandeur much?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

That's what's really holding him up and it's bugging man!! He's really a notch above guys like Arreola, stiverne, and even Thompson but he needs to face them in order to prove that.

He needs to reach out to Dan Goosen or Shaw at least..

All he needs is some exposure and rest of the Americans would realize what a gem he is..

Amir Mansour would beat all the oridinary Euros right now...
    The Delaware boxing community isn't big. It's basically run by the Tiberi's [As a short aside, Dave Tiberi beat James Toney in his prime, but was robbed of a decision back in 1992. He retired after the fight.] One of the barbers at the barbershop I went to for a while in Wilmington was friends with the Tiberis and had boxed himself a bit in the past, had it on pretty good authority that Mansour had been spoken to by a couple of big promoter's/advisers, and for a while there we speculated whether Mansour might make the move to a big time promoter. However, this was more than a year ago, and nothing has happened. It makes me think that he's not doing it. It's a bummer really.

I think he needs to take short money to face Boystov or Hanks or someone like that, and with a win, he puts himself into the picture.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 07-15-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Faruq Saleem had a mighty good looking record for a while too....heck how would Mansour do vs Monte Barrett and the fact I even have to ask should tell you everything you need to know about the guy.

Fine he's fun to watch, but he's small, he's light, he's old, and I think he's just a free swinger who has not met someone who isn't afraid of his power yet.

He called out the Klitschko's not all that long ago....I mean come on, delusions of grandeur much?
    Amir is just a free swinger did u say? LMFAO U dont know what you are watching then.. Amir is a txtbook boxer-puncher with poise and high ring IQ.. He's very technical for a fighter of his size..

HE's anything BUT a free swinger.. U are trippin

U think Barrett would be a threat to him at this point?? haha he wouldnt.. He'd put up as much resistance as Dominc Guinn did.. Amir is ready for a real opponent, not no Barett..

I really dont think u know who Mansour is..

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dunno man I generally like my prospects to be a bit younger hahah

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

He's set to fight Maurice Harris next. He's some what similar to Barrett. Either way not much of a step up.

I understand why Mansour called out the Klitschko's. But I'm sure he knows they don't even know he exists.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Harris is no pushover so once Amir puts him to sleep, that should open some eyes..

Through with the right matchmaking, Amir can be the next American hero in the HW division..

America needs Amir

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Harris is no pushover so once Amir puts him to sleep, that should open some eyes..

Through with the right matchmaking, Amir can be the next American hero in the HW division..

America needs Amir
    17 losses 11 losses by KO....no pushover he says

Thread Information