Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ...So I'm gonna start exercising again.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lightbulb ...So I'm gonna start exercising again.

Yeah, I've had some kind of throat problem since May 14, I got real skinny, 147 lbs at 5'11¼".
    Problem hasn't resolved completely yet, not painful but still some difficulties with swallowing.

It's good to have a set goal in your mind, so I want to build myself up to looking like the Before picture in this old ad:

Whaddya think?!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't need to get that big, your goal should be to look healthy not to be a body builder.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ...So I'm gonna start exercising again.

You think the guy in the before picture is big?

Anyway, I got this old Bullworker from the 1970s and the Charles Atlas course...

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You should be exercising regularly especially at your age.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    You think the guy in the before picture is big?

Anyway, I got this old Bullworker from the 1970s and the Charles Atlas course...

Christina Aguilera made a song about this

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UPDATE:

So yeah, recap, my normal weight is 160 lbs at 5'11¼".
    On May 14, 2013 following a cold, I experienced dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) that led to me hitting 141 lbs.
    I began lifting dumbbells on Nov 6 at 147 lbs, and hit 152 lbs on Dec 6.

The swallowing difficulty isn't over. One adapts, learns to live with things.
    I can drink liquids okay, but swallowing solid food can be quite vexing, especially coming on in late afternoon and worse in the evening.
    Daily for months, I've been drinking a couple of bottles or cans of either Boost, Ensure, or Equate each day for extra calories. I go with the Plus Calories Vanilla and occasionally the High Protein. Now that my fat level's come up a bit, I may switch to Regular rather than the Plus Calories ones. I needed some fat for these cold Canadian winters though.

In the Summer, I went for specialized tests on 2 occasions; once drinking barium while they x-rayed my throat, the 2nd was a CT scan. Basically the hospital has done nothing for me. The only thing that has helped is Mushkegobuk Mishkiki Wabo, a First Nations traditional medicine known to the world as Labrador tea. I pick the leaves fresh nearby, add some kizhik keeshkandoog (cedar brush), and some wikay (bitter-root). I drink it every day, it allows me to eat without too much difficulty. When I don't drink the medicine, the problem eating solid food comes back.

The glands in my throat near the jawbone where one takes the pulse, they've been slightly swollen since May. Anyway, one carries on, it's all you can do.
    I hope to keep going till I'm back to my lanky normal 160 lbs or more instead of the skeletal 141 shadow that I became. Y'know, my 5 lbs in a month of working out doesn't sound like much, but 3 lbs per month of lean muscle mass including water and glycogen is about the limits for biological muscle growth under the best conditions. If it's more than 3 lbs per month, then you're adding fat.

Take care, my children...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey, Jerry Rice got Banned. Wonder what for?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Keep it up Brad.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Keep it up Brad.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going to hit the gym a lot when i get home from Asia, haven't been working out for a year now. just been so busy. miss being in shape but got the whole summer and winter to pick it up again. so busy this up coming winter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    I'm going to hit the gym a lot when i get home from Asia, haven't been working out for a year now. just been so busy. miss being in shape but got the whole summer and winter to pick it up again. so busy this up coming winter.
    Press ups, situps, squats, running.

Do not need a gym to work out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Y'know, the Prison Workout really produces results.
    It's burpees done every day in descending sets.

You're supposed to build yourself up to starting at 20 reps and working your way down to 1.
    1st set 20 reps , 2nd set 19 reps, 3rd set 18 reps, and so on, till 20th set 1 rep.
    210 reps total in one workout is your goal.

It'll kick your @$$..

I did it for 30 days every day without fail about two years ago just as an experiment.
    Didn't change my diet nor do any other form of exercise.
    Started at 8 reps I think. Gradually built up. I was in good condition at the end of 30 days.

There's different types of burpees. I did the kind with the jump, exactly like this woman does them:

It's very monotonous, so it's not something I would stick with.
    It does what it's designed for: works your muscular and cardiovascular systems with no equipment in an enclosed space. Develops bursts of energy, speed, power, and endurance, full body workout, and develops quicker recovery of wind between sets.

Try dropping to the floor right now and do 10 fast ones the way the chick in the video does them, you'll feel it, your cardio will feel it.

Working out though, you need something you kind of enjoy doing or don't mind doing, so it becomes part of your healthy lifestyle. Burpees was something I dreaded, but it was an experiment, and it definitely produces results.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like that video but I have not watched it with the sound up yet. They have hit all the demographics.

"Look I have great tits, If you want great tits go to the website and use the exercise program"

"Look I have great tits, If you want to get your hands on some great tits go to the website and use the exercise program"

"Not into tits ?, Never mind if you want great abs and a body to get you some great dick go to the website and use the exercise program"
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I liked the video

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, Zuzana and her Bodyrock series on YouTube. It's been on there since 2008.

Fantastic.
    She's not the host anymore though.

She's Czech, born in 1982, and grew up under communist rule as a child and has experienced the transition.

Any of you pervs looking for her old adult vid clips, remember this:
    "When I was 18 in a state of emotional desperation without money, job, a home or education I took a job as an erotic model. That particular choice almost ruined my entire life and led to years of darkness and abuse. I had no idea how hard it would be to pull out of it or how devastating it would be emotionally and on my spirit.

It is a trap that a lot of young girls in eastern Europe fall into and I feel very lucky to have survived the experience, because many girls don’t. When you see these girls in the pictures smiling almost like they are happy having their clothes off and being exposed like this – it is the biggest lie of all. I have never met a single girl who was happy to be doing that job. Contrary to popular belief these girls don’t make a lot money doing this and they end up broken inside and left with no self-confidence or feelings of self worth. Many of them turn to drugs and alcohol to help numb the pain. The shame and the incredible fear of judgement keeps them locked into this spiral. In the end the only people who benefit from the wreckage of all these lives are the photographers and the multinational corporations like visa and mastercard who pocket money every time images of one of these girls is sold online. Freddy had been encouraging me to move out of this since we met, but he had to be in Canada most of the time and I knew that he could not fight my battle.

I finally got the courage to stop and change my life when I hit the bottom. I was in debt, I was completely emotionally broken and on the verge of being an alcoholic which is something that scared me because my father is a raging alcoholic and I didn’t want to end up like that. I quit everything and told myself that I had to push through no matter what. I didn’t want to continue my life the way it was, but I didn’t want to give up living either. When you know that you have to make a major shift in your life it is always terrifying and that’s why many people get stuck in the darkness, because they feel safe in the familiar even if that reality is killing them slowly.

So I quit and that was years ago. I have absolutely nothing to do with it anymore and I am not profiting from it in any way. I have a dream about doing something to help stop the cycle of exploitation that feeds on these young girls and destroys their lives. Every once in a while people try to slap me in my face with the mistakes I made to try to humiliate me and hurt me. They see the new direction that I have taken in fitness and health and this seems to infuriate them like I am impostor in my own life, like I can never be more than that broken, scared person that I was." - Zuzana Majorva, 2011. German fitness magazine.

Thread Information