Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather vs. Canelo REWATCH- CJ Ross may have a point.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather vs. Canelo REWATCH- CJ Ross may have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    yup CJ Ross is an excellent judge, that's why no one should dispute Bradley's win over Pacquiao, don't you agree ykdadamaja?
    llolololol..... the Bradley/Manny fight was clearer than the Mayweather/Canelo fight, I'll tell you that.
    Mayweather pitched a shut out against a bigger younger guy while moving up in weight

Pacquiao struggled against a one legged smaller fighter who only had one fight at that weight

not too sure bout your logic but yea your nit picking is obvious

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Retarded thread. I watched the fight in so Scandinavian language live, rewatched the boxnation version and then the American version. First time I scored 118-111 and other times 118-110. Watching fight live I scored the 1st round 10-10 but re watching it I gave it to Floyd. It was nowhere near a close or competitive fight people who say otherwise do not understand what boxing is

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yup CJ Ross is an excellent judge, that's why no one should dispute Bradley's win over Pacquiao, don't you agree ykdadamaja?
    llolololol..... the Bradley/Manny fight was clearer than the Mayweather/Canelo fight, I'll tell you that.
    Mayweather pitched a shut out against a bigger younger guy while moving up in weight

Pacquiao struggled against a one legged smaller fighter who only had one fight at that weight

Every fight and fighter should be judged on their merit. Anything else IS illogical. One fight doesn't mean or dictate the other fight.

Ross had it DEAD wrong with the Bradley/Manny fight, and she was a little more believable with the Canelo/Floyd fight- but I still would have given the fight to Floyd. 1, may 2 points ahead depending on how you scored a few rounds, etc....
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every fight and fighter should be judged on their merit. Anything else IS illogical. One fight doesn't mean or dictate the other fight.

Ross had it DEAD wrong with the Bradley/Manny fight, and she was a little more believable with the Canelo/Floyd fight- but I still would have given the fight to Floyd. 1, may 2 points ahead depending on how you scored a few rounds, etc....
    funny how you don't use your own "logic" when judging Mayweather, just cause he's still on top p4p and Manny Pacquiao is an afterthought doesn't mean you should hate the guy, it's not his fault that Manny got KTFO and literally put to sleep against Marquez

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In ykdadamaja's defense..... I think he's pulling ALL your chains.
    He knows CJ is actually blind and can no more judge a boxing match than fly a jet fighter.
    Right yk?

.................................. right?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Hey,

I watching the Mayweather vs. Canelo fight over. I have to say: CJ Ross may have had a point.

The first 5 rounds, Canelo won 4 of the 5- with about 2 of them REALLY close. In round 2 and 4, Mayweather didn't land a meaningful shot.

Round 5 was CLEARLY a Canelo Round. What in the world were the other judges watching??

Are we "giving" Mayweather rounds like how we "gave" Sugar Ray Leonard rounds, and to some extent Ali?

I know you have to take the title- but the first 5 rounds were 4 to 1 for Canelo. At least.
    I think if anything it's completely the opposite, people give sympathy rounds to guys for being competitive with Mayweather. In defence of the blind lady judge, a lot of people in the RBR thread on this forum did exactly this. I had it completely the opposite after 5, only giving Canelo 1 round and then only the 12th after that.
    We were watching the same fight! I can't give C J Ross any kind of a break.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey,

I watching the Mayweather vs. Canelo fight over. I have to say: CJ Ross may have had a point.

The first 5 rounds, Canelo won 4 of the 5- with about 2 of them REALLY close. In round 2 and 4, Mayweather didn't land a meaningful shot.

Round 5 was CLEARLY a Canelo Round. What in the world were the other judges watching??

Are we "giving" Mayweather rounds like how we "gave" Sugar Ray Leonard rounds, and to some extent Ali?

I know you have to take the title- but the first 5 rounds were 4 to 1 for Canelo. At least.
    The first 5 rounds! Canelo didn't have the faintest idea what to do by round 3! What did he land? Every time he threw a punch he was nailed 3 or 4 times. Canelo was hitting air all night! I must be living in bizarro world if anybody thinks Canelo won any rounds let alone 4 of the the first 5! I closed the book on this fight at the end of round 3 thinking there is no way in the wide world of boxing Canelo has an answer to Floyd Mayweather jr. Canelo came into the ring a 42 fight veteran which is a lot of fights for a young fighter, but he was made to look clumsy and amateurish in the ring against Floyd.
    If the Canelo camp feel cheated in any way i don't hear the cries of rematch too loudly?
    They know well and truly that their man received a boxing lesson and any repeat would ruin Canelo's career. He can learn from this fight and continue on for many years, but he must accept along with every sane boxing fan out there that this fight was as close to a shut out as you will ever see.

It might not be a bad idea for Canelo's camp to re-evaluate their post weigh in weight increase. If he has entered the ring at 165lb after making 152 at the weigh in some serious butt needs to be kicked. Canelo looked slower than a three toed sloth in the ring with Floyd!

CJ Ross knows nothing about boxing...nothing at all..zilch. Floyd has taken the old saying " hit and don't be hit" to a new level, CJ Ross has no understanding of this whatsoever.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

I can not believe Canelo tried to outbox Mayweather. That itself is a grade "F" decision and then throw in that amateur corner of Canelos and it was 45 million dollar heist. Canelo needs to fire his team and hire a true trainer. ODLH knows it and did not want to be part of closing. Give me a break checking yourself into rehab days before the biggest PPV ? Canelo had no chance to win because he simply did not fight. Then Mayweather credits him afterwards smells pretty fishy to me ... when does Mayweather ever do that?

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Hey,

I think if anything it's completely the opposite, people give sympathy rounds to guys for being competitive with Mayweather. In defence of the blind lady judge, a lot of people in the RBR thread on this forum did exactly this. I had it completely the opposite after 5, only giving Canelo 1 round and then only the 12th after that.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post
    I see why Floyd doesn't want to fight Manny Pacquioa- Manny throws a lot of punches and can probably take Floyd's punches, face on. Plus, he hits harder than Floyd- and probably harder than anyone that Floyd faced EXCEPT for Cotto.

I don't accept the ko loss to Marquez in their FOURTH FIGHT, with Marquez juiced up on Angel Heredia (the banned in the USA and Olympics for LIFE strength and conditioning coach) special juices and elixirs.

That fight was closer than what people saw and what the judges tallied... I'm closer to the CJ Ross score at this point. For real!
    Thank you for giving the people on this forum further evidence that you don't know what the hell you are talking about it. Give it a rest. You sound like a moron.
    I have been on this site for a minute. You only seem to appear when there is a debate on Mayweather. Are you Mayweather or his little sister?
    Great comeback.
    I do except that a 4ft troll that moved up several weight classes beating has beens and fighters on losing streaks got beat by the same juice he ingested ! I do not accept that a fighter with tattooos is afraid of needles. I do not accept continueed leg cramp complaints ... hmmm juicing side effects. I do not buy cheap ass .99 cent socks as a reason for under performing in the ring. I do accept that the Phils is now irrelevent in boxing And the Moral of the stoy Pac fans don't know shit ! It was fun while the needle was injected. ykdadamaja - aka Bozo must not know Pac has not fought since being demolished and must be stuck in a time capsule. Pac the Troll, possesor of an IQ of 2 walked into a devasting punch juice or no juice crybaby ..
    Last edited by Addicted to_boxing; 09-18-2013 at 06:21 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just hope this is last we see of cj ross. The pac/bradley fight and now this fight is really all we need to know about her.

Canelo fought well and gave it his all. Its not easy fighting against floyd when your missing all the time and he is countering with quick hands.

Canelo is 23 and went 12 rounds with the best and never seemed like he was going to get knocked out.

Canelo will improve as a fighter and i see great things ahead for him.

There were a couple rounds floyd gave away (which annoys me) so there is an argument to say canelo won 3-4 rounds max.

Either way, floyd won the fight and looked the younger fighter with that superb footwork but i felt there were times when he could threw a few more combos etc but if hes winning he wont risk that.

Canelo vs cotto is what im looking forward too.

Floyd vs bradley is another fight i want and perhaps khans fast hands will give floyd problems for 6 rounds but after khans last fight against a fighter 8 years past his prime i dont see that fight happening.

I see floyd fighting at the mgm for his last 4 fights as there is no way he will risk fighting anywhere else.
    Last edited by imp; 09-18-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey,

You may as well leave this site now buddy, as no one will ever take you serious again.

With all due respect to you, you did seem to have some knowledge of boxing but this proves you know fuck all.

I struggled to give Canelo the only round I did give him, round 11.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey,

I've said it before you dislike floyd and don't know shit about boxing

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Retarded thread. I watched the fight in so Scandinavian language live, rewatched the boxnation version and then the American version. First time I scored 118-111 and other times 118-110. Watching fight live I scored the 1st round 10-10 but re watching it I gave it to Floyd. It was nowhere near a close or competitive fight people who say otherwise do not understand what boxing is
    the classic line of the boxing fan
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Hey,

I've said it before you dislike floyd and don't know shit about boxing

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Hey,

You may as well leave this site now buddy, as no one will ever take you serious again.

With all due respect to you, you did seem to have some knowledge of boxing but this proves you know fuck all.

I struggled to give Canelo the only round I did give him, round 11.

Thread Information