Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bradley.

How good or bad would you say he is? I mean, he headbutts a lot, and was awarded TWO gift decisions in a row, though I have no doubt that if he had boxed Provodnikov all 12 rounds, he would have won a clear UD.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bradley.

Two? The Provodnikov fight was very close, and Bradley won every round he wasn't hurt in, I say that one was just a really damn close fight. I think he's a good cagey fighter and if he had real pop he could give anyone trouble.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley is the truth.
    I said the same about garcia.
    Bradley will beat marquez.
    Bradley deserves some bloody respect.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thinks it's impossible to say how good or bad Bradley is now. Provo is a completely ordinary fighter with his power elevating his other shortcomings to make him ordinary. So that fight doesn't speak highly to Bradleys abilities but I choose to excuse it speculating he made the mistake of attempting to entertain more than he should have.

The reason I say we can't know is he was concussed the entire fight. They say the initial concussion isn't as bad as being concussed and receiving secondary blows. Well he received a lot of brutal secondary blows. His tremendous heart may have cut his career short. It's entirely possible he's ruined.

If he beats Marquez he's the same guy, if he loses to Marquez he may still be the same guy but if he's hurt early and often or hurt easily we'll have our answer.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I thinks it's impossible to say how good or bad Bradley is now. Provo is a completely ordinary fighter with his power elevating his other shortcomings to make him ordinary. So that fight doesn't speak highly to Bradleys abilities but I choose to excuse it speculating he made the mistake of attempting to entertain more than he should have.

The reason I say we can't know is he was concussed the entire fight. They say the initial concussion isn't as bad as being concussed and receiving secondary blows. Well he received a lot of brutal secondary blows. His tremendous heart may have cut his career short. It's entirely possible he's ruined.

If he beats Marquez he's the same guy, if he loses to Marquez he may still be the same guy but if he's hurt early and often or hurt easily we'll have our answer.
    I like your post, a good summary of what to expect and look for. I'm hoping Bradley does well, as you said he has all skills to win, if he uses them correctly plus all the heart he needs.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

I like your post, a good summary of what to expect and look for. I'm hoping Bradley does well, as you said he has all skills to win, if he uses them correctly plus all the heart he needs.

Seconded. Bradley took an astonishing amount of punishment against Provo, and it's a very good point about the secondary blows and him being concussed for the duration of that fight. Considering it he showed tremendous courage and recuperative ability, only someone in phenomenal shape with a huge heart could have battled back the way he did. The way it ended though, with him being pummelled again for the whole 12th round, out on his feet, does not bode well for him at all. I don't think he would have beat JMM anyways, he could be in really deep trouble

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have always thought Bradley as one of the fittest boxers around but being nothing special such as big punch or fast hands etc. How much did the Provo fight take out of him is another big factor. I think Bradley can beat the legend that is JMM just because he is the fresher and stronger fighter.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information