Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    It's really PPV? It's not just regular HBO?

In a perfect world Chavez would have to fight Froch or Kovalev next. Or Haye. And be forced to make the weight.
    I think he should fight all three on one night, just bring him round after each KO and throw him back in there.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chavez Jr brands Vera" A dangerous fight"

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

In a perfect world Chavez would have to fight Froch or Kovalev next. Or Haye. And be forced to make the weight.
    I think he should fight all three on one night, just bring him round after each KO and throw him back in there.
    At some point they'll have to put him in with somebody world class who is roughly his weight. That'll be one unmissable fight.

Don't hold your breath though.

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

At some point they'll have to put him in with somebody world class who is roughly his weight. That'll be one unmissable fight.

Don't hold your breath though.
    Chisora must be roughly his weight.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    It's not his fault, but he wouldn't be turning a profit it weren't for his dad, unless he worked a lot harder. Seems he is given a pass for some things that would ruin other fighters, when is the last time you heard of a fight being moved up 13 pounds and back 2 rounds within a week of the night.
    Enough with the famous daddy nonsense. Last name will only take you so far. The Camacho name got junior attention. Than everybody found out he was a pussy and quit. The Vazquez last name has done much for Wilfredo Jr. It might get him the big bingo hall in Puerto Rico. But it won't do shit for him in the US but get him on ESPN. Maybe Camacho and Vazquez weren't as big a name as Chavez. But Roberto Duran was. He had a son who fought too. Same name as his father. He was a Jr. Like Chavez Jr he had no amateur experience. Famous last name or not, a lot of muthafukkas don't even know a Roberto Duran Jr ever boxed. Why? Cuz he fucking sucked. Ronald Hearns is another son with a big last name. You think he can headline a PPV? If the goal is to lose money he would. Last name won't carry you if you fucking suck
    It's hardly nonsense though. I would never say Jr sucks, he clearly doesn't. He's not great either though, and the attention he gets is mainly because of his name and connections, it's way overblown based on his ability or entertainment value. I also suspect he was using duiretics on a fairly regular basis to make 160, there was at least one or two shady incidents that were brushed under the rug. This fight in itself is about all you need to see what kind of treatment he's afforded, were it almost any other fighter and the whole card would've just been scrapped.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just got my tickets for this fight... Imma get faded and shitfaced and have some fun!!!

StubHub center is literally the best boxing venue in southern cal...

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott22 View Post
    Chavez will never be his father. I think that was established a long time ago. But he makes exciting fights and I think he's fun to watch. The 12th round of the Martinez fight was one of the most exciting rounds I ever seen.
    That was an exciting round and had 100% of my attention. With some real discipline, Chavez Jr could be twice the fighter he is, in my opinion.

Are you kidding? He's already twice the fighter he was.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not his fault, but he wouldn't be turning a profit it weren't for his dad, unless he worked a lot harder. Seems he is given a pass for some things that would ruin other fighters, when is the last time you heard of a fight being moved up 13 pounds and back 2 rounds within a week of the night.
    Enough with the famous daddy nonsense. Last name will only take you so far. The Camacho name got junior attention. Than everybody found out he was a pussy and quit. The Vazquez last name has done much for Wilfredo Jr. It might get him the big bingo hall in Puerto Rico. But it won't do shit for him in the US but get him on ESPN. Maybe Camacho and Vazquez weren't as big a name as Chavez. But Roberto Duran was. He had a son who fought too. Same name as his father. He was a Jr. Like Chavez Jr he had no amateur experience. Famous last name or not, a lot of muthafukkas don't even know a Roberto Duran Jr ever boxed. Why? Cuz he fucking sucked. Ronald Hearns is another son with a big last name. You think he can headline a PPV? If the goal is to lose money he would. Last name won't carry you if you fucking suck
    It's hardly nonsense though. I would never say Jr sucks, he clearly doesn't. He's not great either though, and the attention he gets is mainly because of his name and connections, it's way overblown based on his ability or entertainment value. I also suspect he was using duiretics on a fairly regular basis to make 160, there was at least one or two shady incidents that were brushed under the rug. This fight in itself is about all you need to see what kind of treatment he's afforded, were it almost any other fighter and the whole card would've just been scrapped.
    If it's just name than why haven't other fighters with famous names benefit like he has?

And nobody is holding a gun to Vera's head. If he values money more than brain cells that's his business. He's getting a 6 figure increase because of this situation. So he's doing the right thing by keeping his mouth close

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it's just name than why haven't other fighters with famous names benefit like he has?

And nobody is holding a gun to Vera's head. If he values money more than brain cells that's his business. He's getting a 6 figure increase because of this situation. So he's doing the right thing by keeping his mouth close
    yet when Floyd pulled the same shit against Marquez you bitched and moaned, and just now when he did it to Canelo you cried to the heavens of how big a bitch Floyd was for making Canelo come down in weight, further showing your blatant habit for double standards

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

yet when Floyd pulled the same shit against Marquez you bitched and moaned, and just now when he did it to Canelo you cried to the heavens of how big a bitch Floyd was for making Canelo come down in weight, further showing your blatant habit for double standards
    Find me a post where I said what Chavez is doing is ok. When did I say it's alright? All I said is if Vera values money more than his health than it's his business. Which it is. You said nobody forced Alvarez to take the fight. Well I don't see anybody forcing Vera to take the fight either.

Swing and miss yet again.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There has never been a serious fighter whose dad was even close to as popular as Chavez. Mexico is what, 50 times the size of PR I never said the others didn't suck anyways, that's not my point. Not to mention Chavez sr is a personal friend of Suliman; I wouldn't be shocked if that old crook literally did have someone hold a gun to Vera's head.
    Jr is a decent fighter who in my opinion would have either had to prove a lot more or would already be an afterthought if it weren't for his name. How's that.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's probably the real reason Ward got stripped of Jr's godfathers title. Now we have an aging gatekeeper at the WBC helm and something tells me that he will manage to hang on to it until he puts it on the line against Jr late in 2014. That gives Jr one more fight after Vera to get a little more comfortable with weight.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    He's probably the real reason Ward got stripped of Jr's godfathers title. Now we have an aging gatekeeper at the WBC helm and something tells me that he will manage to hang on to it until he puts it on the line against Jr late in 2014. That gives Jr one more fight after Vera to get a little more comfortable with weight.
    Chavez will never win a title that isn't sanctioned by the WBC and it'll never be against a real opponent, that's gonna be his thing, he'll fight smaller blown up fighters, while outweighing them by like 20 lbs and then go on to face a real opponent like he did with Martinez and get exposed and his ass beat, rinse dry repeat, that's all he'll go on to do, his next Martinez is looking like it'll be Froch down the road, and that's another fight where he'll get wrecked

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There has never been a serious fighter whose dad was even close to as popular as Chavez. Mexico is what, 50 times the size of PR I never said the others didn't suck anyways, that's not my point. Not to mention Chavez sr is a personal friend of Suliman; I wouldn't be shocked if that old crook literally did have someone hold a gun to Vera's head.
    Jr is a decent fighter who in my opinion would have either had to prove a lot more or would already be an afterthought if it weren't for his name. How's that.
    So if Camacho Jr would of been born Chavez Jr and a Mexican he would be in Chavez Jr current position? That's bullshit. I don't deny that the name will get you through the door. The Chavez name got him in. Just like the Camacho name got Jr in. But it's not enough to keep you in the room. That's on the fighter himself. Chavez Jr has earned his stay by being the fighter he is. People don't seem to comprehend the fact that he don't need boxing. Never did. Rich kids who get a new convertible as there first car don't box. And if they do they quit as soon as it gets to hard. Chavez has never quit. And that's why he's supported by the people. Cuz I guarantee you one thing, it wouldn't matter if he's Mexican and the son of the great Julio Cesar Chavez. The people would of stopped backing Chavez Jr if he would of ever pussy out and quit like the Puerto Rican Camacho Jr did.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're hung up on comparing him with two other guys, who I never said were any good for the record. I don't give a fuck about the Mexico-PR thing, or who his dad is, it doesn't make the slightest difference to me. I don't think Chavez is a shit fighter, and he's definitely not a quitter. His unprofessional behaviour out of the ring however, would have most any other young fighter shown the door pretty quickly though. I don't think he could have even been fighting at 160 if he actually had to take drug tests, and the fact remains he is yet to fight anyone decent he doesn't outweigh by 20 pounds. This fight alone is all you need to go by, I don't think there's a single fighter in boxing who would get a pass for missing weight by so much.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're hung up on comparing him with two other guys, who I never said were any good for the record. I don't give a fuck about the Mexico-PR thing, or who his dad is, it doesn't make the slightest difference to me. I don't think Chavez is a shit fighter, and he's definitely not a quitter. His unprofessional behaviour out of the ring however, would have most any other young fighter shown the door pretty quickly though. I don't think he could have even been fighting at 160 if he actually had to take drug tests, and the fact remains he is yet to fight anyone decent he doesn't outweigh by 20 pounds. This fight alone is all you need to go by, I don't think there's a single fighter in boxing who would get a pass for missing weight by so much.
    You keep implying he's in the position he's in only cuz of his last name. So I'm asking you if it was Camacho or any other fighters son with the Chavez name would they be in that position? I say no

I don't agree with Chavez not making weight. But how is what Arum allows him to get away with his fault? If the muthafukka at the bank decides to give an extra $100 every time you go and says it's cool, you gonna give it back? Of course your not.

Thread Information