Cool Clicks

Default KLITSCHKO v POVETKIN - HBO/BOXNATION - Saturday Night CHAT THREAD

Wladimir Klitschko vs Alexander Povetkin

Mateusz Masternak vs Grigory Drozd

Ruslan Chagaev vs Jovo Pudar

Rakhim Chakhkiev vs Giulian Ilie

Fedor Chudinov vs Marco Antonio Avendano
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: KLITSCHKO v POVETKIN - HBO/BOXNATION - Saturday Night CHAT THREAD

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

The ref should start counting to 10 as soon as Povetkin sets foot in the ring

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What time is this scheduled for?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't even know this was happening.

Has there been some threads on this ?!? Crazy isn't it....world heavyweight title fight and unaware...

Sign of the times ?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I didn't even know this was happening.

Has there been some threads on this ?!? Crazy isn't it....world heavyweight title fight and unaware...

Sign of the times ?

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight should start after 10.

Povetkin waited until the money was right to maximize on his first real test and beating.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like the way both Klitschko and Povetkin behaved like champions at the weigh-in, showing mutual respect and good sportsmanship.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    What time is this scheduled for?
    The main event will start at about 23:15 Moscow time, 11:15 AM Pacific time, 2:15 PM Eastern time, and 19:15 UK time.

Boxnation will start televising at 16:00 BST and will first show Chagaev-Pudar and Masternek-Drozd.

Wladimir Klitschko v Alexander Povetkin |Live & Exclusive on BoxNation

El Kabong Guest

Wlad - 241.6 Povetkin - 225.7

Povetkin is looking to try and fight in a Mike Tyson style....so methinks this will be his undoing. Tyson's style of constant pressure and rabid combinations is with even the very best of athletes good for 4 rounds maximum if you're being held at the end of a jab and tied up. After that you being to stop moving your head, your feet slow down, you start gunning for 1 big punch as opposed to ripping off combos and all that adds up to you starting to get caught on the way in and then backing up. Tyson's style ONLY works going forward, it's not useful fighting off the back foot, and it's hard to draw someone into a trap when they are probing behind a jab and not wildly attacking.

My prediction is Wladimir by KO in 6 rounds. I think Povetkin will show a lot of heart though.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Povetkin is not Tyson, I think he will try to box from distance and come in close when necessary, throwing combinations and then out of range again. It will not work but it is his best hope.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like a 2:30 start here. Not a bad fight but save for Wlad getting into a car accident on the way to Arena it should turn into another steady methodical punch-in-the-face fest for Wlad. You just cannot go from fighting a used up bloated beached whale like Rahman and think you are prepared for Wlad. I seriously HOPE this is not a replay of Wlad vs Ibragimov

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I like the way both Klitschko and Povetkin behaved like champions at the weigh-in, showing mutual respect and good sportsmanship.

That's the way it used to be before Ali.
    There were always guys who did not like each other, so some words might be exchanged but as a general rule respect was shown.
    That was in the days when athletes were raked over the coals by sports casters and reporters if they didn't exhibit good sportsmanship. Those days are long gone, we've crossed the Rubicon and there's no going back.
    The European fighters show a lot more class than the American fighters (North and South) do. I really do miss the days when all athletes had the class to show mutual respect .

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Povetkin is using Derek Chisora as his representative to oversee the wrapping of Wlads hands tonight, plus we have Chisora, Haye and Fury all at ringside .
    Could get messy ;-)

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you think if it goes to the cards that Wlad could get done up like a Kipper in Moscow?

Boxing News | Late money flowing in on Povetkin
    Hidden Content

Thread Information