Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter Quillin vs. Danny Jacobs in the works for 1st February 2014 at Barclays

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Peter Quillin vs. Danny Jacobs in the works for 1st February 2014 at Barclays

Peter Quillin-Danny Jacobs Targeted For 2/1 at Barclays - Boxing News

I think this is a cracking fight. I'm sure many will think Quillin will blow right through him but Jacobs is a live underdog in this one. I think this is a good bit of matchmaking.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Peter Quillin vs. Danny Jacobs in the works for 1st February 2014 at Barclays

I actually think Jacobs will win this. I don't like how Quillin has been looking. He seems too sure of knocking his opponent down with his shots. I know Jacobs isn't where he would like to be considering his obstacle but I think he can outbox Quillin. Quillin just never impressed me. He seems like a guy who is potentially talented but doesn't have a good foundation. Kind of like he is not that good yet. For a world champion he is still greenish. He gives me that Cintron impression.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Peter Quillin vs. Danny Jacobs in the works for 1st February 2014 at Barclays

Great fight and I too think Jacobs can win this.. I think he's a little more skilled than QUillin..

This guy just beat cancer, wtf does he have to fear. When you overcome such obstacle, your mentality changes.

Great fight for Jacobs..

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Up until literally 1 fight ago half of all the negative I see being said about Quillin was said about Jacobs. Its a very solid match up, great styles and power wise and awesome for the promotion but to sell Quillin short is a mistake. Jacobs had the look very early of Pirog revisited vs Lorenzo and finally hit a switch in 3rd and gave us a solid ko but dude has holes and he hasn't faced anything close to Quillin in competition..I don't think he is ready and I think he losses.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i never saw anything special in jacobs even before the whole cancer thing. he has always seemed to me like an overhyped fighter. so far, he has turned out about what i thought he would be. he can look impressive against nobodies but cant beat anybody with a name. quillin will KO him within 6.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should be a competitive match. I think Jacobs will rise to the occasion.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think people are getting off the Kid Chocolate bandwagon after his performance against Rosado. Am I correct?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not me. I actually think it will benefit him well as he goes forward. It never amazes me how quickly a guy gets thrown under the bus.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    I think people are getting off the Kid Chocolate bandwagon after his performance against Rosado. Am I correct?
    A bit, but it's hard to forget how dominant he was against Ndam.

There's nothing wrong with rooting for Jacobs, he has all of the tools to win the fight and unlike Fernando Gurrero, he has a decent chin and a gameplan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally never thought he was anything special that it seems absurd to pick against him. He doesn't have that scary type power of Golovkin or Stevens. He doesn't have the athletic boxing skills of Martinez. Jacobs is a good boxer so lasting 12 and out boxing Quillin doesn't seem like a far stretch to me.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    A bit, but it's hard to forget how dominant he was against Ndam.

There's nothing wrong with rooting for Jacobs, he has all of the tools to win the fight and unlike Fernando Gurrero, he has a decent chin and a gameplan.
    One things for certain, after what he's been through and defeated out of the ring no one in there right mind could root against him in life.

In the ring, he still has a lot of miles to go and levels he's not been at.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh yeah? Well I thought Jacobs was unimpressive against Cancer, Quillin would've stopped it earlier without having to use chemo like a drug cheat.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Oh yeah? Well I thought Jacobs was unimpressive against Cancer, Quillin would've stopped it earlier without having to use chemo like a drug cheat.
    In poor taste my friend

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think most people here were never on his bandwagon and believe hell be beat by the first genuine class middleweight he gets in with. The fight against Ndam showed how average his skills are and how easily he can be outboxed. He kind of reminds me of a smaller Wilder. Very sloppy and wild.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quillin didn't look that impressive vs. Rosado. In fact, it exposed some of his weaknesses- particularly his sub-par boxing ability. What Quillin has is dogged determination, a good chin and a very good left hook- probably in the top 5 left hooks in the business today. Reminds me of a Felix Trinidad, a poor man's Felix Trinidad.

This Jacobs fight is a little bit of a step sideways, if not totally backwards, for Quillin. Not impressed!

Quillin needs a Chavez Jr., or one of the British boys that Martinez has ran through (Murry, Macklin or Barker), and then a fight with Martinez. Anything else is a waste of time for me to even tune in.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information