Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Next for Golovkin.

Who would you guys favor in a GGG versus Floyd fight at a catchweight between 160 and 154?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    @Fenster - are you suggesting that GGG against Murray will be GGG's announced fight in Monte Carlo in February? It might make sense when considering that Murray can't visit the US due to his criminal history. If so, it could also be against the Sturm/Barker winner in the UK or Germany, right?
    Hatton specifically said that Murray's "world" title fight is abroad. Murray-Barker is an England fight plus Barker is tied up with Sturm in rematch clauses.

Murray-Martinez is a no go and Quillin is out because of the visa issues. That leaves Golovkin. The fact his promoter said his next fight is Monte Carlo... you don't need to be Sherlock Holmes.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who would you guys favor in a GGG versus Floyd fight at a catchweight between 160 and 154?
    It depends on how the weight drop affects Golovkin. If they both fought healthy between those weights I'd back Golovkin to KO Floyd. I think Floyd is too small for a serious middleweight.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It makes sense for Golovkin to fight Murray next as he arguably beat Martinez last time out. It helps increase the demand for Golovkin Martinez, especially if/when we get another GGG stoppage.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    It depends on how the weight drop affects Golovkin. If they both fought healthy between those weights I'd back Golovkin to KO Floyd. I think Floyd is too small for a serious middleweight.

Yep Golovkin would be too big for Floyd unless he was badly weight drained. Floyd took on Cotto at 154. Alvarez at 152 . I think he'd force Golovkin to drain to 150 before thinking of taking him on. Why fight him when he can fight Amir Khan instead

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Seriously if he can't get Martinez or Quillin next year, he needs to move up to SMW. IT's about time he faced elite opposition. This guy is a titlist and he hasn't fought shit. Kinda like how Bute used to be.

No more bums like Rosado and Stevens who is one step up from a midget. I really want to see him up against somebody who is just as big, young, and capable as he is.

If he can't get Martinez or Quillin, there's no point in staying unless he wants to make easy defenses like Bernard used to do at 160.
    Stevens and Proska were both at 28, 3 years younger than him. I don't think he is big for a middleweight so moving up is disadvantageous for him and good luck finding someone as capable. It is quite clear he would be willing to face many of the other top middleweights but he has been avoided like the plague. It seems that some people will never be convinced unless he beats Godzilla.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I repeat my earlier post in the Stevens/GGG thread...
    He needs to spend the next three years making the middleweight division something great again. There are good challenges in his own weight class..

"Great performance from GGG.. Did you see the look on Stevens face when he took that shot in the 2nd? He showed bottle too, and made a fight of it. Now I hope that Golovkin tries to unify the division and make it great again and does not do the super-middle thing. I hope he fights Martinez or Murray (who beat Martinez in Argentina for me) and let's get back to a Marvellous Marvin era again and defend against all-comers. The weight tourism thing is getting silly & should be the exception and not the rule in boxing.. but match makers are getting obsessed with it at the mo'.."

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, although as a selfish fan I'd be happy if he did move up soon. The idea that because someone is dominant in their division they should only fight bigger men to create even fights is getting a bit out of hand truly.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Fenster - are you suggesting that GGG against Murray will be GGG's announced fight in Monte Carlo in February? It might make sense when considering that Murray can't visit the US due to his criminal history. If so, it could also be against the Sturm/Barker winner in the UK or Germany, right?
    Hatton specifically said that Murray's "world" title fight is abroad. Murray-Barker is an England fight plus Barker is tied up with Sturm in rematch clauses.

Murray-Martinez is a no go and Quillin is out because of the visa issues. That leaves Golovkin. The fact his promoter said his next fight is Monte Carlo... you don't need to be Sherlock Holmes.
    Here's the wrinkle. As far as I know, HBO isn't buying his next fight. Thus, will there be enough money to get a fight with Murray made? If I'm Hatton, why would I put Murray in with GGG for anything less than top $?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's the wrinkle. As far as I know, HBO isn't buying his next fight. Thus, will there be enough money to get a fight with Murray made? If I'm Hatton, why would I put Murray in with GGG for anything less than top $?
    Why are they not buying his next fight? (got a link?) GGG is not on "big" money himself - $400,000 the weekend - let alone Murray. Hatton said "world" title fight, it can't be anyone but GGG for obvious reasons, so if it doesn't happen Hatton was wrong/mistaken/bullshitting.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Odd. He just did 1.4 million ppv buys. I don't think Murray can get to the States and GGG kinda has to fight him and Hbo rarely leaves this continent.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps K2 got some extra cash together for the fight in Monte Carlo. Should he beat Murray down, it would further forcing the Martinez fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Odd. He just did 1.4 million ppv buys. I don't think Murray can get to the States and GGG kinda has to fight him and Hbo rarely leaves this continent.
    That's 1.4m viewers not PPV.

If he did that amount of PPV he'd be on 25x his current purse and headlining in Vegas.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

That's 1.4m viewers not PPV.

If he did that amount of PPV he'd be on 25x his current purse and headlining in Vegas.
    Lol true enough. Slip of the tongue there. Still a great number and most likely does not take the net into account..

Thread Information