Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trigger happy motherfucking cop kills a man... justified?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Trigger happy motherfucking cop kills a man... justified?

Not really sure how that is relevant to police in the US. Seems like you are trying to change the subject with a non sequiter. Police are supposed to enforce the law, Soldiers are supposed to hunt and kill armed men. Not remotely the same thing.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    I have a lot of experience identifying whether a person is armed and/or poses a threat.
    Yeah? You military? Do you know how many trigger happy soldiers have killed people they shouldn't have overseas?
    I think I would prefer to call the army if some burgled me, a soldier would come down and scare the crap out of everyone.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not to steer off topic but generally the Military is analogous to a steroid user swinging a sledge hammer. If the situation requires tact and finesse we tend to not do well.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not really sure how that is relevant to police in the US. Seems like you are trying to change the subject with a non sequiter. Police are supposed to enforce the law, Soldiers are supposed to hunt and kill armed men. Not remotely the same thing.
    I'm not trying to change the topic with a non sequiter. What you said insinuated that you had some higher training or understanding of when a man is a threat to you, when he has a weapon, ect, than the average police officer.

If you are indeed military and soldier is your profession, to me that suggests that you feel soldiers are more intune to percieving threats, or at least that a police officer's training/instincts/ect in regards to percieving threats is inadequate compared to that of a soldier's. Which is a fair statement, I'm not going to disagree with that. You can correct me if I'm misquoting your intentions.

My point was that even with the (alleged) superior training a soldier has, there are still tons of "human error" mistakes where innocents are killed.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My point was that a Soldier, whose job is to close with and kill an enemy, is trained to identify a weapon and ascertain if someone poses a threat. If in combat, which is tremendously more stressful and dangerous than being a police officer in the US, a Soldier can wait to engage with deadly force until he/she has identified a weapon then law enforcement should be able to as well. Police making statements that they "thought" the victim had a gun is bullshit. Don't pull the trigger until you know, plain and simple. Comparing collateral damage in a battlefield and police shooting innocent people is apples and oranges. Innocent people die in war, they shouldn't die from being shot by over zealous cops.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not to steer off topic but generally the Military is analogous to a steroid user swinging a sledge hammer. If the situation requires tact and finesse we tend to not do well.
    That's not true. Soldiers don't get to kill with impunity. Every kill requires justifications, backed up with paperwork, witnesses, ect, without which a soldier can be brought up for murder just as quickly as a police officer. Chris Kyle had pencil-pushers trying to bring him up on murder charges for a few of his kills.

Military personnel have to uphold a certain moral code, just like police officers do.

Pretty much everything you slammed police as a whole for, the military has been accused of and much more.

Covering shit up and protecting their own? Forget about it. Who does this more than the military?

Killing innocent people? Who is more synonmous with that than the US Military? THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of innocent victims overseas. Unarmed men, women, and children. Torture, rape... what havent the military been accused of doing?

At least with police officers, we get to see the squad car tape, hear radio audio, ect so we can make our own minds up.

With the military, they keep that stuff under wraps (unless it gets leeked by idiots like Bradley Manning).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    That's not true. Soldiers don't get to kill with impunity. Every kill requires justifications, backed up with paperwork, witnesses, ect, without which a soldier can be brought up for murder just as quickly as a police officer. Chris Kyle had pencil-pushers trying to bring him up on murder charges for a few of his kills.

Military personnel have to uphold a certain moral code, just like police officers do.

Pretty much everything you slammed police as a whole for, the military has been accused of and much more.

Covering shit up and protecting their own? Forget about it. Who does this more than the military?

Killing innocent people? Who is more synonmous with that than the US Military? THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of innocent victims overseas. Unarmed men, women, and children. Torture, rape... what havent the military been accused of doing?

At least with police officers, we get to see the squad car tape, hear radio audio, ect so we can make our own minds up.

With the military, they keep that stuff under wraps (unless it gets leeked by idiots like Bradley Manning).

You have no idea what you are talking about regarding the military and combat. Do you want to talk about military atrocities or police ones? The thread is about police but you clearly are getting owned and want to change the topic. For starters lethal force in combat does not require paperwork or witnesses. We do have a moral code but again upholding the law does not remotely equate to fighting a war. War is ugly and terrible things happen there. Are you really trying to make some sort of moral equivalence between Soldiers fighting for their lives in a war zone and police officers killing unarmed people in a US city? Regardless, I'll play along, the military is evil and should be held accountable for countless atrocities. What does that have to do with the police killing innocent people, beating innocent people, kidnapping innocent people?

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unhappy Re: Trigger happy motherfucking cop kills a man... justified?

Morals justified killing, it's a hard one because who's right who's wrong,! many people all
    over the World get killed by the police, some I would say are killed unlawfully but trouble
    is in dealing with people that are the scum of the earth.

Many mistakes can be made on split second decisions, in dealing with harden criminals but
    we are not dealing with the average Joe are we,! the average man on the street would be
    extremely unlucky to be gunned down by the police.

Thread Information