Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Carl Frampton vs. Hugo Cazares on April 4th in Belfast as WBC Final Elimanator

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carl Frampton vs. Hugo Cazares on April 4th in Belfast as WBC Final Elimanator

Carl Frampton-Hugo Cazares Set For April 4 in Belfast - Boxing News

Good fight for Frampton but it's one he should win comfortably to setup his fight his fight with Santa Cruz. Good to see him keep fighting in Belfast, the atmosphere will be amazing for that one.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Frampton vs. Hugo Cazares on April 4th in Belfast as WBC Final Elimanator

Yea hopefully ill be travelling up for this. Get a few of the good Irish lads on the undercard.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Frampton vs. Hugo Cazares on April 4th in Belfast as WBC Final Elimanator

I bet he's pissed off he's going to have to fight Santa Cruz rather than Martinez for a title. It'll be an absolute war if it happens though. If they make this and Kovalev-Stevenson I'll be a happy boy.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Frampton is no closer to a "world" title, in another "gimme," and now chasing a much stronger belt holder.

Good work.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    So Frampton is no closer to a "world" title, in another "gimme," and now chasing a much stronger belt holder.

Good work.
    Very frustrating, mainly because I lumped on him to win a world title in 2014.

Whats even more annoying is Quigg can somehow defend his title against a guy who is 3-5-1 in his last 9 when there is at least 30 fighters more deserving of a shot, including Frampton

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That must be frustrating.

Frampton turned down a fight with Quigg. Why was that? You would think a man desperate for a "world" title, who was offered a career high payday, would jump at the chance to realise his dream. Now he's headlining again in Belfast, in a nothing fight, against an ancient super flyweight. Funny old game.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cazares is being underestimated here.. he's always been one of those fighters whose half step shy of being an elite but good enough to compete with the best.. if I remember correct, he got robbed in Puerto Rico against a prime Calderon and the rematch got stopped prematurely. I know that was years ago but he's only lost one close fight to shimizu and have been on a winning streak since then..

Cazares is a switch hitter and he's capable of giving frampton some new looks.. he may not have carried his power up to the higher weights but the guy has a lot of experience. I actually think he's frampton's toughest opponent to date.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Cazares is being underestimated here.. he's always been one of those fighters whose half step shy of being an elite but good enough to compete with the best.. if I remember correct, he got robbed in Puerto Rico against a prime Calderon and the rematch got stopped prematurely. I know that was years ago but he's only lost one close fight to shimizu and have been on a winning streak since then..

Cazares is a switch hitter and he's capable of giving frampton some new looks.. he may not have carried his power up to the higher weights but the guy has a lot of experience. I actually think he's frampton's toughest opponent to date.
    I disagree with the 2 bolded points. #1 Calderon won that fight. #2 Kiko Martinez is a much tougher opponent at 122lbs.

I also disagree with what people are saying about it being a nothing fight, he's fighting a final elimanator for a title. I would assume he turned down the Quigg fight as my guess is that Hearn hit him with a low ball offer and he's actually making more money to fight Cazares in Belfast. It's funny, 9 months ago when he beat Martinez Hearn told us that Frampton was the A-Side and Quigg had to realise that. Then Frampton goes his own way and Quigg signs with Hearn and now Quigg is the A-Side with a World Title to his name. What a difference a year makes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post

I disagree with the 2 bolded points. #1 Calderon won that fight. #2 Kiko Martinez is a much tougher opponent at 122lbs.

I also disagree with what people are saying about it being a nothing fight, he's fighting a final elimanator for a title. I would assume he turned down the Quigg fight as my guess is that Hearn hit him with a low ball offer and he's actually making more money to fight Cazares in Belfast. It's funny, 9 months ago when he beat Martinez Hearn told us that Frampton was the A-Side and Quigg had to realise that. Then Frampton goes his own way and Quigg signs with Hearn and now Quigg is the A-Side with a World Title to his name. What a difference a year makes.
    I agree with #1. Calderon won that fight. It was very close & Cazares had a huge weight advantage

Disagree with #2. I think Cazares is a tougher opponent than Martinez
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't seen Cazares since he fought Calderon, but it seems crazy to give him a chance against Frampton even based on that form. Not to mention he's now 35 years old, which is so ancient for a man his size. I know Calderon was a great boxer, but being 5'0 and 105 pounds is a disability as far as I'm concerned. If you can't beat someone that size what chance do you have years later against someone who is merely a very small man Has Cazares even fought a single decent fighter above 115 pounds? Frampton is good and he can punch, don't see this as a fight

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frampton turned down a fight with Quigg. Why was that? You would think a man desperate for a "world" title, who was offered a career high payday, would jump at the chance to realise his dream. Now he's headlining again in Belfast, in a nothing fight, against an ancient super flyweight. Funny old game.
    I didnt hear this. Is there an article on it or just something Hearns said in an interview?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post

He will make more against Cazares in front of 7000 people in Belfast, on BoxNation, than against Quigg in front of 20,000 in Manchester on Sky Sports? You kidding?

Look, I am just making a point to the "Quigg is ducking Frampton" brigade that when he was offered the fight - incidentally the purse was apparently 3X his biggest payday - he turned it down. Why? The clue is in the TV station, City and promoter. It's just boxing politics.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

I didnt hear this. Is there an article on it or just something Hearns said in an interview?
    Eddie Hearn has made Carl Frampton an offer to fight Scott Quigg on Sky Sports in March | Sky Sports

Thread Information