Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: US inequality of wealth....shocking statistics

so we want the government to solve this problem. Inequality of wealth is defined by someone making more than you.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    so we want the government to solve this problem. Inequality of wealth is defined by someone making more than you.
    It does not have to end there.

People who have access to better education, health and job opportunities maintain those and their children are likely to become the next judges, doctors and businessmen with relative ease. The same opportunities need to be made available for people that do not have easy access to them.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

People who have access to better education, health and job opportunities maintain those and their children are likely to become the next judges, doctors and businessmen with relative ease. The same opportunities need to be made available for people that do not have easy access to them.
    I just have very little faith in the government fixing things especially after they play a large part in creating them.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just have very little faith in the government fixing things especially after they play a large part in creating them.
    Governments have allowed it to continue, their job is to create these opportunities by opening up these institutions.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Inequality does need to be tacked in a fair and just society. People need to be provided the opportunities to move on in life and be a real part of society. Education, training and employment are ways to progress for the lower class citizens.
    And in America they get that. The issue the lefties have is inequality of OUTCOME not opportunity
    If the outcomes are even more inequality then the opportunities may not be there.
    What?!?! That makes no sense

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Walrus, your government is so incredibly corrupt, that nothing it says will work will actually work. We are at the point where the systems are useless and where only civil disobediance is going to kick start any changes. Basically people need to get bloody noses and arrests. It's the only way. If not then it continues unrelenting until we are all suffocated on this planet one way or another.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Inequality does need to be tacked in a fair and just society. People need to be provided the opportunities to move on in life and be a real part of society. Education, training and employment are ways to progress for the lower class citizens.
    And in America they get that. The issue the lefties have is inequality of OUTCOME not opportunity
    If the outcomes are even more inequality then the opportunities may not be there.
    What?!?! That makes no sense
    That makes total sense, read it again and try to understand it.

El Kabong Guest

No it doesn't! We pour money into shitty inner city schools and have affirmative action to give children at risk a great chance at succeeding but there's still a gap....not my problem man

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No it doesn't! We pour money into shitty inner city schools and have affirmative action to give children at risk a great chance at succeeding but there's still a gap....not my problem man
    So where is the problem and why is it not working?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Close to 300 millionaire senators. About 300 people having more cash then 300 million others combined. Government's in the west have lost touch. Its like they are a totally different species. Canada is just as bad. At least US senators are elected. Harper is a gimp. The response from his office a week ago after yet another rail disaster was "we will discuss this emergency once parliament resumes next week"

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Walrus, your government is so incredibly corrupt, that nothing it says will work will actually work. We are at the point where the systems are useless and where only civil disobediance is going to kick start any changes. Basically people need to get bloody noses and arrests. It's the only way. If not then it continues unrelenting until we are all suffocated on this planet one way or another.
    I don't disagree with your views but you point out our government when this corruption and wealth gap is worldwide. I do disagree with your views on inheritance taxes. That money has already been taxed throughout someone's lifetime. If they choose to leave it to family so be it. How many times do we need the government getting its hands at someone's money.

I do know when I was bringing home a small paycheck due to the level of work I was doing I never blamed the government. I found much of my abilities to be self fulfilling.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I don't disagree with your views but you point out our government when this corruption and wealth gap is worldwide. I do disagree with your views on inheritance taxes. That money has already been taxed throughout someone's lifetime. If they choose to leave it to family so be it. How many times do we need the government getting its hands at someone's money.

I do know when I was bringing home a small paycheck due to the level of work I was doing I never blamed the government. I found much of my abilities to be self fulfilling.
    In your own country it is expanding at ridiculous rates. Other countries are bad, but the US has super rich people that basically control the globe. It's rather sick.

If it is worldwide, it is because of the Chicago school of economic corruption and their wonderful ability to wipe out entire nations fiscally. America is following the trends and the only thing stopping it becoming Greece is the Don mentality and a military.

El Kabong Guest

Welfare....why work when you can mooch?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welfare....why work when you can mooch?
    So what is your solution have no welfare?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    So this clown thinks that people asking for wealth distribution to be ratcheted back to how it was forty years ago is the modern equivalent of the Holocaust?
    Further proof of how truly simple you are. It's little use arguing with you because no matter how fucking stupid you are you'll always claim to be right.

He compared OWS to Kristelnacht, not The Holocaust you fucking simp. Just how dumb are you? If you don't understand the difference between the two then may God help you because you're far dumber than most
    Yes, I'm so dumb I spend all day in my mother's basement playing video games and surfing the internet. Oh wait.

So this guy is comparing the freedom of speech of a section of society who are advocating a return of 1970s era wealth distribution policies to a precursor event of the Holocaust. And it's Kristallnacht.

Thread Information