Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: America and pet laws..

We also have to consider the well being of the animal as well.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    We also have to consider the well being of the animal as well.
    yes of course

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't want to own a tiger etc but I also don't think it is any of my business and frankly dumb people owning dangerous animals culls the herd a bit.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    You dont see the laws being a teeny weeny bit lax when you can own a lion or hyena?
    imp, it's that kind of thought process which leads to people banning salt, large sodas, and trans fats. The idea that "people are too stupid to handle freedom and liberty" (which is always implied even in this case) is dangerously idiotic. Would I WANT to live where people own lions and tigers that could potentially break out and harm myself, my family, my dog....no....but again there are laws in the US about what type of dog breeds you can have, insurance companies WILL NOT sell you homeowners insurance if you have a certain kind of dog. And hell most people who live to become adults aren't able to house or pay for exotic pets like Lions and Hyenas...however if they ARE able to and they are responsible with said pets what business is it of mine if they want to own those animals?

I believe the English are in dire need of a lesson on LIBERTY. If it doesn't affect you, your happiness, your pursuit of a better life for yourself, the safety of your family (which in this case, could be debated but only in terms of safety for the animal and security for those living nearby rather than an outright ban) then you should just let it go. Let people do what makes them happy so long as it doesn't detract from your natural rights....what is so difficult about that?
    No i dont agree.

You seem to get so uptight and frustrated so easily over anyones point of view thats different from yours?!

There are many deaths in this country from a certain type of breed dog thats usually of the pit bull type family.

I think alot needs to be done in controlling that issue and extending the ban on other types of dogs as well regardless of owners.

Lets just stick to the issue of the exotic pets and the freedom that many seem to have in owning these very dangerous animals.

And as already mentioned its not doing the animals any good either.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its everyones business if they OWN these animals because no human on earth can know the potential of their animal and what it intends to do next.

Simple Scenerio - man has the right to own a few tigers and bears but one of them gets loose and goes on a rampage.

Uk scenerio - man has the right to own a dog but gets loose and goes on a rampage.

Its pretty obvious which pet has the potential to cause many deaths compared to a few maulings.

Both are wrong but im just trying to understand if its just a few states that are allowed to own exotic pets or if its the whole country.

El Kabong Guest

Yes because I want people to open their eyes up and live a little freer...what's wrong with that?

Dog breeds aren't the issue the OWNERS are the issue. I've met loads of Pit Bull Terriers, Staffordshire Terriers, Bull Terriers, Rottweilers, German Shepards, etc and they are some of the sweetest dogs I've ever come in contact with. To ban a breed would be a travesty. It's evil or incompetent owners that make for vicious/improperly socialized dogs.

You need to keep in mind I'm NOT advocating everyone having wild animals, I'm just saying some people CAN handle the added responsibilities that come with exotic pets.

Also keeping certain types of animals on wilderness/hunting reservations is actually HELPING some endangered species.

Maybe YOU want the government to hold your hand and kiss your boo-boo's all your life but I fucking don't

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on, el kabong!

Lets not go there!

Ive met loads of dog owners with staffies and pit bull type dogs but it does not stop with the owner.

No owner on earth can control a dog 24/7!

Its fine having free will and freedom blah blah blah but in this discussion and in your country would YOU have any issue with new neighbours moving next to you with a tiger or grizzly??

Do you have kids?

El Kabong Guest

Alright let's say for argument's sake you're right. There's a breed of dog that needs extinction because it's violent and always in trouble....now let's look at crime rates shall we? We'll notice that violent crimes are MAINLY committed by certain "breeds" of people, I mean obviously they aren't at fault, they were BRED to be that way. But we must, for the safety of the many, do away with these dangerous breeds of people. Do you see where that is leading? See the road that goes down?

There are GREAT dogs who just happen to be a breed that is considered (rightly or wrongly) dangerous. While I don't put 100% of the blame/responsibility of what that dog does or does not do on the owner a good 90% (at least) is on the owner. Some dogs, like some humans, are unable to function in a safe, reasonable, manageable way and for those I understand they either have to be sent away or put down but to just wipe out entire breeds is irresponsible and unnecessary. Because first it'll start with the pure breds, then it'll be half breeds, then mixes, and then what you take the next worst breeds and kill them off? Also yes some dogs NEED to be mean! Some dogs guard important things and that is their fucking job.

My neighbor wouldn't have a grizzly or a tiger because I live in a condo. But to address your point, that wouldn't happen unless I'm in the middle of the country where there are no Homeowners' Associations, City Ordinances, and so on....and if that was the case sure I'd be fine with it so long as I knew the owner and was cool with how the animal was kept and handled. Is that an irresponsible stance?

I don't have children of my own, I do have a dog and I have some young nieces. I care about my dog, I care about my nieces and yeah if any of the lot of them did something fucked up while under my care I would be held legally responsible for their actions and I understand and am ok with that because personal responsibility is important to the way I want to live.

I will state this, my dog has bitten and snapped at a fair amount of people (maybe 4 over the course of my dog's 10 years) and that is on me even though 100% of the people bitten or snapped at approached my dog in a manner that would incite a defensive snap. It is my job as owner to warn or make known the tendencies of my dog to my guests and company and even in doing so I stand responsible for the result of any injuries or damage sustained from individuals who came into contact with my dog in an improper manner.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If banning (not killing) every dangerous dog elimates any human death im 100% behind it.

Exotic animals belong in the wild and a certain amount in the zoo.

Im a human. And a human life is worth more to any type of animal no matter how nice or loyal that particular type of pet someone thinks it is as it relies on its owner for everything anyway, thats why their loyal.

I have nothing against dogs, or any type of exotic animal. I just do not believe that any type of typical average human being should own an animal such as the ones mentioned.

Im sure you wouldnt leave your 10 year old dog (if it was one of the known breeds) alone with you nieces as no matter how well you think you know your dog, any attack small or big could leave lifetime scarring or even worse.

In regards to the breed of humans that kill and are evil, they are put in jails or in some cases put to sleep (in your country).

I just think that owning an exotic animal or trying to be best friends with it has proven in many cases to end up being fatal..especially with Bears!!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    I wouldn't want to own a tiger etc but I also don't think it is any of my business and frankly dumb people owning dangerous animals culls the herd a bit.
    I think it would be your business if you lived anywhere near it, because there's always a threat of the animal escaping and fucking shit up.

And when the animal does eventually end up fucking someone up, it's not just the owner that suffers - this magestic animal that belongs in a fucking jungle anyway gets killed.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you own land, you can own exotics etc. Basically if you live in suburbia or city the chances are you have your hands full "owning" children or a poodle...tigers, bears and snakes that will swallow your poodle need not apply. The breed of a dog can be a smoke screen for some owners as all can do damage in the same enviroment left mismanaged and or untrained. The absolute worst I've been attacked in 23 yrs has been from all things a Husky. It is state to state as to what regulations are with regards to "wild or exotic" breeds-animals...some are grandfathered in rare cases, some require permits etc but personally...no small private dwelling or those in the proximity there of should house a fucking Tiger ffs. To Hell with OUR rights...they deserve better.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    I think it would be your business if you lived anywhere near it, because there's always a threat of the animal escaping and fucking shit up.

And when the animal does eventually end up fucking someone up, it's not just the owner that suffers - this magestic animal that belongs in a fucking jungle anyway gets killed.
    Actually the owner IS held responsible.... granted they aren't put down.

Want to see crazy there's a documentary on "The Cat Dancers" who were the cheap Siegfried and Roy. The movie offers insight into how shady it is to buy a fucking tiger. Plus those fucking Cat Dancers wereRREALLY odd.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You Americans and your freedoms: 'It's my home and it's my right to have a nuclear bomb in my bathroom. If it goes off, them's just the breaks'. Nutters.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Actually the owner IS held responsible.... granted they aren't put down.

Want to see crazy there's a documentary on "The Cat Dancers" who were the cheap Siegfried and Roy. The movie offers insight into how shady it is to buy a fucking tiger. Plus those fucking Cat Dancers wereRREALLY odd.
    Oh I understand that, but them being responsible gives me little joy when I'm walking down the street and I get mauled by a fucking tiger. I'm not interested in having my face and limbs ripped off or my jugular punctured.

I'd just assume not take the chance to be in that kind of predicament.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll have to check that doc out.

Thread Information