Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peter Quillin is the #1 Middleweight!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Peter Quillin is the #1 Middleweight!

I agree.. quillin and jacobs are my favorites at 160..

I wish pirog was active in the division..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Pirog has injuries... he was old when he got into the game, even though he's skilled. Some people age more quickly than others. Not everyone can be a B-Hop.

Quillin just isn't graceful. Don't mistake lack of grace and fight smoothness with ability... sure, it looks good to look good. But some people just are fighters- Quillin is a fighter.

JCC Sr. wasn't that graceful. He was just a winner. Felix Trinidad wasn't graceful. In fact, Quillin has more grace at this stage than Trinidad had at this particular stage. The only thing Trinidad had was a sweeping left hook that he learned to refine over the years. But in terms of footwork, ring movement, slipping punches and to some extent, CONSISTENT COUNTER-PUNCHING, he was always lack luster.
    Kid chocolate cant Draw outside of new York. His balance is horrible. All the fighters you mention above Had a few things in common. They knew how to set up punches and corral an opponent. Tito was a very linear fighter. His lateral movement was not good but he didn't go all crazy legged in bursts like Quillin. After a few rounds quillin gets stiff in the knees, he loses any spring in his step and his feet get heavy. He waits On big misses and tries to capitalize on the counter or for opponents to slug with him. If he doesn't get either he's SOL. Chavez and Tito would force boxers to fight and out tough punchers.they systematically stalked and engaged and broke a fighter down. Quillin is a different animal, I call him a professional sucker puncher he's looking for opportunity to make it easy on himself but rarely fights out of his comfort zone and fights in bursts followed by lulls trying to preserve himself and wait for an opportunity to fall in his lap. He's a shortcut kind of guy. A guy with a sharp jab and good lateral movement can turn quillen with a jab,rake the body and circle out all night ; stalling him out indefinitely by never letting him get set. Good chin, good power, and is dangerous when cornered..bad footwork and bad habits that need to be corrected(his feet tend to get wide when he's on the run and they are not under him like the should be when he's punching unless he gets cornered.his head movement could be better) he really buys into his nickname and fights like he stepped out of another era. The problem is most elite fighters have adapted to a style that has been refined over generations, shortening and streamlining movements and making the best of kinetics. If he's to fight with the type of consistency he needs to be elite,he needs to apply Himself to his craft and learn to create his own opportunities and dictate the pace of a fight in a way that favors his style. No one is scared of the guy, hes just a guy that cost more to fight than youd win after beating him. You beat him and everything is the same as it was the day before. You spent 3 months training, beat someone every knows would lose when he fought someone who fought to win rather than conquer, and now your stuck paying sanctioning fees for the strap.

Just my opinion, of course.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Quillin either needs to spit or get off the pot Jacobs would be a good test and go a way to establishing something
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope that fight actually gets made. Would be a good one and I think Danny Jacobs is very live, he's looked great in his last fights and has the tools to win. I almost don't want to see the guy step up quickly and get hurt, given to his great cancer comeback story, but then J_Undisputed is always right. Quillin will clearly be exposed quite thoroughly, Jacobs probably has the tools to beat him I'd say. Murray or Sturm as well perhaps, Quillin is the weakest middleweight champion imo. He wouldn't beat Martinez or Golovkin on april fools.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I hope that fight actually gets made. Would be a good one and I think Danny Jacobs is very live, he's looked great in his last fights and has the tools to win. I almost don't want to see the guy step up quickly and get hurt, given to his great cancer comeback story, but then J_Undisputed is always right. Quillin will clearly be exposed quite thoroughly, Jacobs probably has the tools to beat him I'd say. Murray or Sturm as well perhaps, Quillin is the weakest middleweight champion imo. He wouldn't beat Martinez or Golovkin on april fools.
    Agree Jacobs has an excellent story behind him what a way to get back in the limelight. Whats the hold up
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Agree Jacobs has an excellent story behind him what a way to get back in the limelight. Whats the hold up
    IDo not know

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some guys say Sergio... some are willing to go with GGG... and me, and a few others, are going with Quillin.

I think it's fair to say that we can't, or shouldn't, judge fighters and their ability based on how graceful they look in the ring.

Wlad looks terrible... Vitali is 10000 x's more graceful in the ring... but he is the man and the best HW in the business today.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some guys say Sergio... some are willing to go with GGG... and me, and a few others, are going with Quillin.

I think it's fair to say that we can't, or shouldn't, judge fighters and their ability based on how graceful they look in the ring.

Wlad looks terrible... Vitali is 10000 x's more graceful in the ring... but he is the man and the best HW in the business today.
    We are not juding him by how gracefull we are judging on his performances. He was getting out boxed by Ndam and Rosado whos skillset is very limited was holding his own. He has to rely on his power and when he is put in with a good boxer whi can take his power he is going to struggle. This is why GGG is better then him because if his power isnt getting rid of a guy his skill is winning rounds for him.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

We are not juding him by how gracefull we are judging on his performances. He was getting out boxed by Ndam and Rosado whos skillset is very limited was holding his own. He has to rely on his power and when he is put in with a good boxer whi can take his power he is going to struggle. This is why GGG is better then him because if his power isnt getting rid of a guy his skill is winning rounds for him.
    Wlad is never out-boxed because he doesn't box- he wrestles and punches. lololol...

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad is never out-boxed because he doesn't box- he wrestles and punches. lololol...
    Ward does similar things in his fight. Yet hes American so ull eat his shit

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not American... secondly, Wlad doesn't win outstandingly either. Ward does.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

80+ clinches and multiple headbutts v Kesseller would speak otherwise. Wlad has barely lost a round in the past 6 years

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

80+ clinches and multiple headbutts v Kesseller would speak otherwise. Wlad has barely lost a round in the past 6 years
    Ward hasn't lost many rounds either... one stinky fight, opposed to Wlad's natural fighting style??

Hidden Content

Thread Information