User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Jonathan Martin-Ritchie Incognito

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Jonathan Martin-Ritchie Incognito

So for all of you people who don't follow the NFL this is a case of a player (Martin) taking offense to how he was treated by his teammates. Apparently Incognito and others always joked that Martin was gay and it lead to Martin "thinking" about killing himself twice.

What do you guys think of this? Who is in the right if there is a right side? Has Martin just made himself the target of all the trash talkers on defense?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jonathan Martin-Ritchie Incognito

Hazing is a part of sports, from what I heard Martin didn't even object to it, his MOMMY found texts from Incognito on his phone and blew the whistle.

That's a macho, alpha-male dominated environment and I think (for the most part) what happens in the locker room should stay in the locker room. We don't understand the culture or what goes on there.

Personally I'm sick of all this "bullying" talk and also glorifying suicide "victims" and blaming others for weak people committing suicide.

The logic seems to be "mean things can hurt others so lets try to make the whole world one big happy place", which is fucking stupid and unrealistic. The world is a mean place. Instead, we should be building up moral character in people so they can face adversity without it destroying them.

If this guy Martin wanted to kill himself because some meathead like Incognito made fun of him, he's a pussy and he was raised a pussy by his parents. Too much coddling going on today!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, I find it difficult to sympathize with Martin. Reminds of that old Snickers commercial where the coach asks the player what's wrong, and the big guy says "People boo... hurt my feelings". Followed by the slogan, "Gonna be there for awhile?" Tried to find the video but couldn't.

Seriously though. Problems of that type should be handled internally. First you try to resolve it with the aggressor himself. If that doesn't work, involve the coaching staff on the issue. But don't go running to the press and come off like a big, crying baby. Especially not in the NFL.

Incognito seems the "white-trashy" type, but I'm sure he got blindsided by all the uproar his actions generated. Martin should've stood up to him.

El Kabong Guest

What I find odd is that there was more than JUST incognito involved, yet he was the only one punished.

Jonathan Martin should quit football. If he can't take it then it'll just get worse when the defense gets on him.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We had this years ago in Football (soccer) , ass bandits are still a big no no in general and recentley that German Premiership player came out but only after he quit.

Any whiff of a gay player and they're ripped to shreds verbally by the other teams fans.

Justin Fashanu hung himself years back because of the shit he took for taking pipe and more recentley Gary Speed (allegedly another Gay who was fucking another player while married) did the same because of the threat the story was gonna hit the press, thats mysteriously all been hushed up now after his death.
    Sol Cambell Spurs/ARSEnal/Portsmouth and Ex England international is another who was verbally ruined for years and years for being gay but has never come out.
    Still a massive no no on the football pitch.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2 West ham players Ian Bishop and Trevor Morley were apparantley having an affair in the early 1990s which is the reason Morleys wife stabbed him

Pretty ironic as the teams nic name is "the irons"

El Kabong Guest

Well Michael Sam the SEC Co-defensive player of the year just came out as gay....I don't foresee him having many issues with that because he's a good player from arguably the best conference in collegiate football.

But this shit with Jonathan Martin is all blown out of proportion, he's too soft, he had trouble adjusting to the NFL, and he's a mental case to boot.

Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best soccer players in the world....I find it hard to believe fans and players would give gay players that much shit. Not saying Ronaldo is gay....just saying he's not the manliest fella there ever has been. But then again you still see bananas get thrown at black players over in Europe and fans do monkey gestures too so maybe you're right.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it just goes to the point that we need to stop coddling kids/people and start raising people to be confident and have strong character. This Martin guy is a rich kid who was probably coddled since birth, then all of a sudden he's thrown into the real world where people could give a fuck about you and wanna stomp a mud hole in his ass, with meatheads like Incognito who are going to ride him hard, and he can't handle it because he was raised a weak baby.

People are gonna be shitty/racist/homophobic/sexist/ignorant/whatever to each other. We're animals at the end of the day.

El Kabong Guest

Exactly right and when did people stop paying attention to the old "sticks & stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"?

It's almost like nobody has ever seen the epic film 'Roadhouse'!

"Be nice"

Thread Information