Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: sugar Ray Leonard would have KOed Floyd Jr.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: sugar Ray Leonard would have KOed Floyd Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Sugar Ray Leonard had popping power in both hands. Lightning fast. Would have outsmarted Floyd. Leonard had more versatility. Boxer, puncher, dancer, hell I seen him slug some fights out like a slugger. He would solve Floyd just like Maidana solved Broner.
    Alvarez was faster and more powerful than Leonard ever was and could not land anything significant on him at all.

Marquez and De La Hoya both had pop and are both very technical and aggressive and still no goods.

What makes Leonard better than the best opponents of Floyd Who appear to me to be equivalently talented and proficient fighters??

I don't personally agree myself, I think he was goods, but the case has been made before that SRL is in fact highly overrated as well!! Consider that.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sugar Ray Leonard had popping power in both hands. Lightning fast. Would have outsmarted Floyd. Leonard had more versatility. Boxer, puncher, dancer, hell I seen him slug some fights out like a slugger. He would solve Floyd just like Maidana solved Broner.
    Floyd isnt broner though. Broner is like a snot nosed bitch whose ball sacks havent even dropped yet compared to floyd. Im not sure broner beats Victor ortiz at 147.

Only way I see floyd getting knocked out is if he fights aggressively as he did with mosley, cotto, and he would know better not to do that against leonard..

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Alvarez was faster and more powerful than Leonard ever was and could not land anything significant on him at all.

Marquez and De La Hoya both had pop and are both very technical and aggressive and still no goods.

What makes Leonard better than the best opponents of Floyd Who appear to me to be equivalently talented and proficient fighters??

I don't personally agree myself, I think he was goods, but the case has been made before that SRL is in fact highly overrated as well!! Consider that.
    Alvarez may be more powerful but is not faster than Leonard. Marquez at welterweight is not in the same league as Leonard. Oscar was old but still the closest to beating Floyd with the jab.

Leonard would have beaten Floyd but may not stop or KO him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post

Alvarez may be more powerful but is not faster than Leonard. Marquez at welterweight is not in the same league as Leonard. Oscar was old but still the closest to beating Floyd with the jab.

Leonard would have beaten Floyd but may not stop or KO him.
    Well I'm not going to argue with you here because I think there is a strong enough case for Leonard. A welcome change from many other of your high hopes match ups
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Thread Information