Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Gunn Jr Locked n Loaded for Pro Debut!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Gunn Jr Locked n Loaded for Pro Debut!

Hackensack, NJ (March 13, 2014) – Although he’s just two days away from his professional debut, junior middleweight Bobby Gunn Jr. has no pre-fight jitters.

Perhaps part of the reason is that those around sport recall him not only training alongside his father Bobby Sr, a former IBA cruiserweight champion that fought a number of top fighters, but also appearing at most of his pro fights.

“The environment is something that can’t be matched,” Gunn Jr said of being around professional fighters and big fights since he was a young boy. “I’m used to being around big and rowdy crowds. I remember mentally preparing like I was about to go in the ring when my father fought Tomasz Adamek in front of a big crowd. Being a part of big fights and training with pros like my father and Adamek is an advantage that I have over most other young fighters.”

Gunn, who is trained by his father and Roger Bloodworth, faces Delvin Gist Saturday evening at the ABC Sports Complex in Springfield, VA. Admittedly, Gunn doesn’t know much about his foe.

“I don’t have a lot of information on my opponent but I’m training extremely hard for this fight and will go for the win. I’d love to get a knockout but winning one way or another is the most important thing.”

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gunn Jr Locked n Loaded for Pro Debut!

Quote Originally Posted by kopublicity View Post
    Hackensack, NJ (March 13, 2014) – Although he’s just two days away from his professional debut, junior middleweight Bobby Gunn Jr. has no pre-fight jitters.

Perhaps part of the reason is that those around sport recall him not only training alongside his father Bobby Sr, a former IBA cruiserweight champion that fought a number of top fighters, but also appearing at most of his pro fights.

“The environment is something that can’t be matched,” Gunn Jr said of being around professional fighters and big fights since he was a young boy. “I’m used to being around big and rowdy crowds. I remember mentally preparing like I was about to go in the ring when my father fought Tomasz Adamek in front of a big crowd. Being a part of big fights and training with pros like my father and Adamek is an advantage that I have over most other young fighters.”

Gunn, who is trained by his father and Roger Bloodworth, faces Delvin Gist Saturday evening at the ABC Sports Complex in Springfield, VA. Admittedly, Gunn doesn’t know much about his foe.

“I don’t have a lot of information on my opponent but I’m training extremely hard for this fight and will go for the win. I’d love to get a knockout but winning one way or another is the most important thing.”

"Id love to get the knockout "!!!! lol
    the chump they have dug up for Gunn to fight Delvin Gist a guy who has -
    3 fights , 3 losses , 3 by first round KO.
    Gist was KOED in 1.26 - 40 SECONDS - 33 seconds , so in 3 fights he has lasted less than a full round of boxing.
    Real tough matchup this one.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information