Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Thompson Park

I went for a hike this morning, took the dog into the mountains south of town. My cardiologist says I need to elevate my heart rate and treadmills are boring. A 3 mile round trip hike, up and down a pretty good mountainside (a primitive trail, it is called), with 3-4 feet of snow on the ground...that will make you work a bit.
    Beautiful country and I wish I had taken my phone and taken some pictures. The views are incredible. The trail isn't bad, at least not early when t is still 20 degrees F and the snow is crusted over. You don't fall through then. A very nice bit of work.
    Now, alas, the old dog is worn out and sleeping. The old guy is also worn out and about to start some semi-serious beer drinking.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thompson Park

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    I went for a hike this morning, took the dog into the mountains south of town. My cardiologist says I need to elevate my heart rate and treadmills are boring. A 3 mile round trip hike, up and down a pretty good mountainside (a primitive trail, it is called), with 3-4 feet of snow on the ground...that will make you work a bit.
    Beautiful country and I wish I had taken my phone and taken some pictures. The views are incredible. The trail isn't bad, at least not early when t is still 20 degrees F and the snow is crusted over. You don't fall through then. A very nice bit of work.
    Now, alas, the old dog is worn out and sleeping. The old guy is also worn out and about to start some semi-serious beer drinking.
    I hope your drinking low cal beer bud.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    I hope your drinking low cal beer bud.
    Good old Budweiser.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds beautiful, just googled it, is this more or less what it's like? Always forget that Montana actually borders BC, looks just the same as parts, have you ever been up that way Grey?

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Sounds beautiful, just googled it, is this more or less what it's like? Always forget that Montana actually borders BC, looks just the same as parts, have you ever been up that way Grey?

Not in a long time. I live in the southwest corner of the state. One summer, back when I was 12, we went picking huckleberries close to the Canadian border, just outside Glacier Park. Where I was today, there is a creek (or, there will be when the snow melts). But the views, good heavens! The mountains that make up the Continental Divide kind of double back there and so I got a good look at the East Ridge.
    The pictures at the top, of the bridge and the tunnels are close to where I was, the trestle in the sky in particular. https://www.google.com/search?q=milw...l%3B1024%3B768

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is beautiful compared to what I see everyday.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was a hard trip. My poor dog is still sleeping. I was tossing popcorn at her and she didn't even try to catch it, or even try to eat it unless she could reach it without moving.

On a side note, yesterday I also went to see Mike at his new job. Mike is kind of a local institution because of his years working and Fran Johnson's Sporting Goods, but they closed. So now he works at 3 Bears Alaska, in their sporting section. Went over there and looked at some handguns I cannot afford.
    Fran's closing is a real shame. It has been here forever. Evel Knievel did time for robbing them in the 1950s.

Thread Information