Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alexander Povetkin vs. Luis Ortiz purse bid for WBA "regular" Title has been ordered

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Alexander Povetkin vs. Luis Ortiz purse bid for WBA "regular" Title has been ordered

Alexander Povetkin-Luis Ortiz Ordered - Vacant WBA Belt - Boxing News

So the guy who lost the title by a wide margin to the "Super" Champion gets an immediate crack at Title again? What a load of old shit.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Alexander Povetkin vs. Luis Ortiz purse bid for WBA "regular" Title has been orde

who the fuck is Luis Ortiz? Just a complete joke shop

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Alexander Povetkin vs. Luis Ortiz purse bid for WBA "regular" Title has been orde

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    He's the undefeated Cuban Heavyweight Golden Boy just signed up. I've heard he's highly rated but he hasn't fought anyone with a pulse just yet.

Luis Ortiz - Boxer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    I've seen he's been ranked really highly for ages, but I've never seen him fight, nor heard of him fighting anyone and have no clue who the fuck he is
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who really cares now a days?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz is good fodder... ok chin, good boxing ability, but not someone that Povetkin should be really afraid of.

They should be ASHAMED to fight for any title- OTHER THAN- the real belt- all of this foolishness about regular title this, silver title that, interim etc, etc.... save it. It's all BS!!!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the wba has being doing this nonsense for a good few years at heavyweight now... it used to be just a 3 way nonsense dance between chagaev, ruiz and valuev for what seemed like an age :S.. they even deceided when chagaev became champion and then got badly injured to name him champion in recess and he could come back and fight as champion by a certain date, so he fought wladimir and the wba decided chagaev was no longer champion :S..... haye was pobably the best thing to happen to the wba heavyweight title recently S: and even after he lost it... they just make up another one :S....... wba has been the worst (main) heavyweight belt for a while now

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We knew we were in trouble when they started refering to "Championship belts" the same way they do fast food or gasoline when you buy it. "Regular or Super" sized. Silver..Youth...Emeritus (whatever the fook that even means ). I'm convinced a bunch of children reading comic books and high on sugar are making these up.

All aside, its not a terrible fight for the sake of a decent heavyweight match. First thinking is Ortiz will beat him up. Could be wrong.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this Luis Ortiz actually any good, what's his deal? The guy is 34 and only turned pro a few years ago, was he a decorated amateur? Aside from what a joke the alphabet situation is becoming, Povetkin still has the potential to be in some fun fights, I think he'd be a terrific opponent for hopefuls like Wilder, Jennings, Fury etc.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Is this Luis Ortiz actually any good, what's his deal? The guy is 34 and only turned pro a few years ago, was he a decorated amateur? Aside from what a joke the alphabet situation is becoming, Povetkin still has the potential to be in some fun fights, I think he'd be a terrific opponent for hopefuls like Wilder, Jennings, Fury etc.
    boxrec says he alledgedly has a record of 343-19 as an amateur but he doesnt seem to have many major medals to show for it :S so who knows.. doesn't look like he has had much competition as a pro either but he is undefeated..
    I have never seen this ortiz fellow but I like to watch povetkin and think he is actually pretty good so going on this being in russia and povetkins (in my mind) high calibre I am going for povetkin for the win !

I think i am also the only one to think this but I would like to see wladimir rematch povetkin with a better ref and much less holding, I think it could be pretty close S:

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    We knew we were in trouble when they started refering to "Championship belts" the same way they do fast food or gasoline when you buy it. "Regular or Super" sized. Silver..Youth...Emeritus (whatever the fook that even means ). I'm convinced a bunch of children reading comic books and high on sugar are making these up.

All aside, its not a terrible fight for the sake of a decent heavyweight match. First thinking is Ortiz will beat him up. Could be wrong.
    Luis ain't that bad... but he ain't world championship material. He is good fodder... a guy, like a Ross Purity.... not world class, but on a good night can give anyone a run for their money. Povektkin, if he's not shit, should win a UD.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

Luis ain't that bad... but he ain't world championship material. He is good fodder... a guy, like a Ross Purity.... not world class, but on a good night can give anyone a run for their money. Povektkin, if he's not shit, should win a UD.
    I am actually looking at this thread and am going to plead %100 dumbass and totally in error. Total clusterfuck.

I was thinking it was MIKE PEREZ and have no idea who Ortiz is. I'd blame work week burn out and adult beverages.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

I am actually looking at this thread and am going to plead %100 dumbass and totally in error. Total clusterfuck.

I was thinking it was MIKE PEREZ and have no idea who Ortiz is. I'd blame work week burn out and adult beverages.
    LOL... if it was Mike Perez, then this would be a semi super fight. lolololol.....

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WTF has Ortiz done to be rated #1
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    WTF has Ortiz done to be rated #1
    Exactly....

Hidden Content

Thread Information