Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tyson makes a remark about Wilder.. WIlder fires back... James Toney backs Tyson

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson makes a remark about Wilder.. WIlder fires back... James Toney backs Tyson

Tyson '89 vs Wilder on his best night? Who wins?

Exactly.

So Tyson can say what he wants to whoever he wants.

The guys boxing royalty.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson makes a remark about Wilder.. WIlder fires back... James Toney backs Tyson

I haven't heard the whole interview but just going by that 1 minute clip I don't see the problem. Aren't we all wondering how Wilder or any knockout artist responds when his opponent fights back without any intimidation or showing too much respect for his power. I think its fair of Tyson to wonder that.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Until Wilder gets beaten we cant judge him to much , he will have to step up soon , he has nowhere else to go .If he fails then we will judge him.
    We can make a judgement on the level of opponent hes facing 6 years in to his career.

Hes miles behind everyone else.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson used to cop shit for fighting cabbies during the first half of his career but that only extended over a couple of years. 6 years and 30 fights is a bit much to be bumming his way still.

To be fair Wilder has fought a couple of faded champs and former contenders now so he is slowly making his way forward.

Tyson vs Wilder could be interesting. Wilder is faster and more powerful and taller and more aggressive than any opponent Tyson ever faced.

Tyson also had more and more difficulties the larger his opponents got, both in weight and in height. Tyson did beat guys 6'4" and taller but they were all bums. He also showed the usual drop in performance as the weight of his opponents increased (a symbiotic explanation for his performance decline in the 90's when the opponents suddenly got bigger and tougher).

But having cleared Wilder of unworthiness I still think Tyson would KO him based on the fact he has questionable chin and stamina and his is not hefty enough for his height, I think he is unbalanced. Tyson could hurt his body and chop him down to size.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm still not convinced that his last "win" wasn't a fix.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I'm still not convinced that his last "win" wasn't a fix.

I like Wilder and want to see him succeed, but neither am I. That was a bad one.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wilder vs helenius, that would finally be a good test for him!!! and a dangerous one at that.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Agreed the Toney that destroyed Holyfield would have beaten Tyson who was a shell of the fighter he was.

I think you are being too generous on Wilder and blaming his promoters. He has gone at a snails pace for what reason? He has amateur experience, it must be because he is fragile and may have a weak chin.
    Having a proper amount of amateur experience makes a world of difference as opposed to having a short one unless you are just one of a kind which wilder clearly isnt.. he doesnt have the foundation.. the guy barely learned how to throw a jab.. if Lennox lewis had to school him on a simple jab, theres something lacking there...

Chavez jr used to get babied too but he's now fighting the big guns.. wilder should get there shortly..
    Veras a big gun?
    Jr started fighting the big guns well over a year ago, my friend.. Martinez..

Vera was just a easy tuneup that Jr didnt even have to train for.. That's the only reason why the first fight was competitive.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Agreed the Toney that destroyed Holyfield would have beaten Tyson who was a shell of the fighter he was.

I think you are being too generous on Wilder and blaming his promoters. He has gone at a snails pace for what reason? He has amateur experience, it must be because he is fragile and may have a weak chin.
    Having a proper amount of amateur experience makes a world of difference as opposed to having a short one unless you are just one of a kind which wilder clearly isnt.. he doesnt have the foundation.. the guy barely learned how to throw a jab.. if Lennox lewis had to school him on a simple jab, theres something lacking there...

Chavez jr used to get babied too but he's now fighting the big guns.. wilder should get there shortly..
    Veras a big gun?

No, Finito is finally admitting the much smaller Golovkin is a big gun, though obviously not as tested and improved as Tyson Fury who has just faced the mighty Abel.
    My friend, Fury has beaten an undefeated Chisora in 2011 and has added KEvin Johnson and Cunningham to his resume since then.. You see the gradual progress? Those three fighters are P4P so much better than anybody GGfake has beaten..

Name one, A level opponent on GGG's resume.. Thank you..

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see wilder succeed but understand he has taken a longer time than usual.
    Aside from Russell and Andrade, Wilder is the last from 08 team to face a challenge.

Tyson didn't even make his Olympic team.
    Tyson did unify the belts in total dominance.
    But:
    He unified the titles from an era of boxers who couldn't defend the title twice without losing it.
    Why didnt he talk of a rematch when he did lose?? No clause in the contract against Douglass who wasn't even ranked. Who sanctioned that?

And when Tyson's class graduated from the Olympic to pros, he went to jail, so we never saw Tyson against the best of the early 90's:Lewis, Tua,Bowe, Moorer, Ibeabuchi, heck Forman came out of retirement to face Tyson.
    So Tyson fought Holmes.
    One ranked fighter:Ruddock and Tyson struggled

After prison rather than fight gatekeepers liker Mercer, Cooper, Briggs, Rahman he fought Mcneely and Buster Mathis, former cw orlin norris, Loue Savareese, and a dude named Francis.

And if Wilder had a fight that looked fixed....can't say I disagree, then what about Tyson vs Seldon? Listen to the boos from the crowd when those 2 knockdowns occurred.
    No one talks or shows highlight reel from Tyson-Seldon.

Wilder has taken longer than Ward who was coddled, so i can't blame the criticism he garners, but Tyson talking...
    Tyson is the most exciting fighter who cleaned out all the bums, then never won a fight against a top ranked fighter in the second part of his career:12years? And never avenged a single loss.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nowhere do i claim Wilder can beat Tyson.
    Nowhere do i claimTyson would've lost all those fights, I'm looking at his career overall and wonder why he has the gaul to claim who Wilder hasnt fought, when he has no answers for who he not only didnt fight, but who he couldn't beat:the best who he fought.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson did try to fight Douglas but Duva and his team gave him a kings ransom (pun intended) and bought the title from Buster.

Tyson then was set for Holyfield.

Tyson beat good young undefeated fighters in Tucker and Briggs, blew away seasoned fighters like Williams and Tubbs, destroyed experienced boxers like Thomas and Holmes and created events when he fought Berbick (youngest heavyweight) and Spinks (undefeated lineal champion).

He was epic!

What came out from jail was a shell that was marketed, maneuvered and exploited fighter.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant argue your points, Tyson cleaned out the division, not just bums but you are right he beat some good champs and contenders, what i claim:who he beat in the last 2/3rds of his career. NOT the last 3-4 fights.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And the names he didnt fight as opposed to who he did fight. Not a coincidence.
    Too many to ignore.
    Too many.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    And the names he didnt fight as opposed to who he did fight. Not a coincidence.
    Too many to ignore.
    Too many.
    Truthfully, if he did not go to jail, I think he may have beaten Holyfield but lost the return or lost to Bowe or Lewis because he was old and worn out.

A fire that is twice as bright lasts half as long - and boy he was hot!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information