Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd would eat Pacman alive if they fought now

First off, respect to Pacquiao because he beat a top p4p fighter convincingly so he showed he still has a lot in the tank. Bradley fought a retarded fight, but that's not Pac's concern, he did what he had to do and got the W over a fantastic fighter.

That out of the way... holy shit has Pac slowed down. Everything: his movement, his handspeed, his reflexes. He doesn't have the pop he used to have. His balance looked really bad at several points in the fight, whereas a few years ago he had the fluidity of movement like very few have ever had.

If they fought in 2010, I think Floyd would have won but it would have been an extremely dangerous fight. 2014 Pac? There's no way. This guy is going to get eaten alive. I don't know what happened to him... maybe he's cycled off the juice over the last few years, who knows. He's still fast as shit and a problem for a lot of the top WWs, but he's not touching Floyd now. He missed his shot. He should have took the $40 million and the drug test in 2010 when he had a real chance.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd would eat Pacman alive if they fought now

What happened to Pac is that Pac is OLDER.... lololol.... and so too is Mayweather.

Mayweather's next fight is going to be a punishing one. Moreso than any other he has had over his career. While he is still my fav to win vs. Maidana, he certainly WILL get hit- hit in places he has never been hit before or expect to be hit at weird and awkward angles and times.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Mayweather's next fight is going to be a punishing one. Moreso than any other he has had over his career. While he is still my fav to win vs. Maidana, he certainly WILL get hit- hit in places he has never been hit before or expect to be hit at weird and awkward angles and times.
    I agree.

And yeah Mayweahter and Pac are both older... and Mayweather has been slowing down too... but not at the rate that Pac has.

Pac seems to have lost his knockout power... which is very strange, because I can't remember a knockout puncher losing his knockout punch over time, usually the power is the last thing to go. Maybe Pac is now fighting without injecting steroids into his yellow ass?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This little Timmy could've knocked out Floyd Jr. Or may have won by decision if she decides to run instead.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KananKrus View Post
    This little Timmy could've knocked out Floyd Jr. Or may have won by decision if she decides to run instead.
    Of course he could have. You're right on the money.

Floyd's beaten almost every style, but he's never faced a guy who can't punch who decides to look for a one-punch knockout the whole fight. I bet that would be Floyd's kryptonite...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What happened to Pac is that Pac is OLDER.... lololol.... and so too is Mayweather.

You're looking at "older" in simpler, little kid terms. Its not solely about the age of the fighter. Its about the number of fights they've been in combined with the type of fight against who. In the past 8 years, Manny has twice as many fights against higher caliber opposition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post

Floyd's beaten almost every style, but he's never faced a guy who can't punch who decides to look for a one-punch knockout the whole fight. I bet that would be Floyd's kryptonite...
    We will never know... cause next in line for the girlie man is gonna be a wallflower.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree.

And yeah Mayweahter and Pac are both older... and Mayweather has been slowing down too... but not at the rate that Pac has.

Pac seems to have lost his knockout power... which is very strange, because I can't remember a knockout puncher losing his knockout punch over time, usually the power is the last thing to go. Maybe Pac is now fighting without injecting steroids into his yellow ass?
    Whoa! That is a little salty there, bro... borderline.

Pac is just being cautious. He rushed in and got smacked by JMM. Smacked with a shot he shouldn't have. He is fighting an older, more matured and measured boxing match.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We will never know... cause next in line for the girlie man is gonna be a wallflower.
    100% correct. Maidana is a pussy who couldn't bust a grape. More selective matchmaking by Mayweather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

100% correct. Maidana is a pussy who couldn't bust a grape. More selective matchmaking by Mayweather.
    You can even count on her to stay away from the pussy-footin' Clottey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's safe to say that you don't appreciate the Hail Mary strategy either! Thank goodness that was just was boxing, imagine if that instead was a football game!

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree Manny has slowed a step but I think him fighting Floyd is a good, solid close fight. And I do think the fight could still happen. I have heard Floyd Sr saying Manny can now beat Floyd. Maybe Floyd can save it for his 50 fight, if they are both still active, might need to make it sooner. How many Times is Floyd expecting to fight this year.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't seen the fight yet but I'm willing to bet that this talk of Pac slowing down to this degree is anti-hype. I'm leaning on the side he's being more cautious. And of course he is getting older but so is Floyd.

It's also true that Pac fights better opposition and more frequently too.

I think guys like Khan and Maidana are absolute push-overs compared to Pac so there's Floyd's justification for taking him on.

If Floyd could eat him then why doesn't he?

Pac, Manny and Top Ranks main sole goal is to get Pac in the ring with Floyd. He thinks he runs boxing! Just fight!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd would beat Manny now and probably when Manny was at his best 2009 too.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your joking right ? A punishing fight lol it will be floyd vs gatti all over again

Thread Information