Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default will Broner win a belt at 140?

He looks massive and fit. While talking with his normal arrogance he hasn't talked nearly as much. Has he learned and taken the sport seriously or is he just not that good?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: will Broner win a belt at 140?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    He looks massive and fit. While talking with his normal arrogance he hasn't talked nearly as much. Has he learned and taken the sport seriously or is he just not that good?
    He's on the championship level, but I thought he had problems with Paulie at 147 and Paulie is really a true junior welterweight. Bottom line is he's good enough to win a belt but not great.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Based in large part of the pollution of trinkets its all but a certainty. By the sounds of it Garcia will defend again, vacate and jump to 147 and Broner will slide in to face the ill refutable "Not Rated", maybe a Jesse Vargas who I think he'll steam roll cause we all know he'll be weighing 147+ at the bell. Herrera getting a shot would be just! Peterson is standing around twiddling his thumbs with a trinket he shouldn't own? Personally I prefer to see him go against Matthysse or a Provo and get stomped out like a used up cigarette butt. Broner can win all the trinkets he wants but I don't see him making the adjustments in mind and skill to ever be ahead of also ran frankly. I'd bet the house on that, and maybe even my neighbors.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Based in large part of the pollution of trinkets its all but a certainty. By the sounds of it Garcia will defend again, vacate and jump to 147 and Broner will slide in to face the ill refutable "Not Rated", maybe a Jesse Vargas who I think he'll steam roll cause we all know he'll be weighing 147+ at the bell. Herrera getting a shot would be just! Peterson is standing around twiddling his thumbs with a trinket he shouldn't own? Personally I prefer to see him go against Matthysse or a Provo and get stomped out like a used up cigarette butt. Broner can win all the trinkets he wants but I don't see him making the adjustments in mind and skill to ever be ahead of also ran frankly. I'd bet the house on that, and maybe even my neighbors.
    I thought Jessie Vargas was with Top Rank these days. If so their MO is to pick up belts without fighting champs unless it's TR/TR. I believe Jessie is the "regular champ" to Garcias "super champ" so if Garcia vacated Vargas would probably face the interim champ to become full champ.(assuming the interim champ is TR. Provodnikov has tthe WBO I believe and Peterson the IBF. That leaves the WBC(again assuming Garcia vacates). That could be why Shaeffer is talking about a Broner/Matthysse matchup. Unless Haymon can pull some strings there is no easy way to a belt. Two are difficult to sign against(Prov, Vargas) and two are likely to be difficult matchups(Peterson and likely Matthysse)

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure he will pick up a belt whenever there is an easy opportunity. Whether he could beat any of the top guys is anybody's guess. I can't see him going anywhere near Provo, Matthyse or Garcia any time soon, but I think there are a bunch of pretty even fights out there without those guys. Peterson, Herrera, Jessie Vargas or even John Molina, or Hank Lundy for that mater. Those are all legit match ups I'd give Broner a good chance in.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I thought Jessie Vargas was with Top Rank these days. If so their MO is to pick up belts without fighting champs unless it's TR/TR. I believe Jessie is the "regular champ" to Garcias "super champ" so if Garcia vacated Vargas would probably face the interim champ to become full champ.(assuming the interim champ is TR. Provodnikov has tthe WBO I believe and Peterson the IBF. That leaves the WBC(again assuming Garcia vacates). That could be why Shaeffer is talking about a Broner/Matthysse matchup. Unless Haymon can pull some strings there is no easy way to a belt. Two are difficult to sign against(Prov, Vargas) and two are likely to be difficult matchups(Peterson and likely Matthysse)
    I really have a Peterson or Herrera feel, the family/associate break down is too true but Haymon has darn near signed a small country of players as of late...betting they are high fiving in the backroom regardless and knowing it makes bank for all. Haymon is a puppet master. Broner is top 5 in ibf 147 and wouldn't shock to see him fill a wide open top spot at 140 for a Vargas go. He lost some of his pop and appeal after last fight with Khabib I think and should be thankful just to be keeping it warm.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner suffered massive damage in the Maidana fight. He will not be the same at ANY weight. Looking massive and being the same are 2 totally different things. Broner is shot to shit. He may get 1 more KO on his record, then he will lose 3 in a row and go the DAVID THE AMERICAN DREAM REID route.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Broner suffered massive damage in the Maidana fight. He will not be the same at ANY weight. Looking massive and being the same are 2 totally different things. Broner is shot to shit. He may get 1 more KO on his record, then he will lose 3 in a row and go the DAVID THE AMERICAN DREAM REID route.
    Broner definitely had his ass handed to him by Maidana, but "suffered massive damage", I don't think so.
    I'm not ready to throw Broner out with the trash yet. I still think he is almost as good as he thinks, and hope the results this Saturday will make things clear for us.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only belt that looks half decent on him are those played out, tacky ass Gucci belts every brotha loves to wear, thinking they making some kinda fashion statement. So fuckin tacky smh.lol

These new school rap generation couldn't spell " class " and " style " to save their lives.

Understated fashion is real fashion. Any clothes that has a big logo on the front like look at me, I'm wearing gucci is called tackyness.

Men with pizazz don't wear no big logo shit.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Broner would have stayed down vs Tito. He slipped more punches with one eye than Broner could even as a jellyfish

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think broner can be a very good fighter

i think he is in the position he is in now due to terrible match making

i think if he carear is driven wisely then he can find himself in a very good position
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner sucks balls. He got beaten by Maidana not because of the weight, but because he does dumb shit like pull back from hooks while dropping his hands. If a primitive cunt like Maidana takes one round to completely figure out and unravel your defensive game plan AND you're supposedly a defensive fighter then you're fucked. He should have had a field day against a looper like that. Anyone with only the same ring IQ as Chino but who can actually throw sharp counters is going to pump this cunt even harder. I'm praying that one day I'll be able to Google this clown and see post fight images of his corpse on some autopsy table along with his master of coonery Floyd.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Win a belt? No problem. Broner is world class for sure.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was hoping for a unification fight between Garcia and Peterson. Both are Haymon fighters so they should be able to get it done.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    i think broner can be a very good fighter

i think he is in the position he is in now due to terrible match making

i think if he carear is driven wisely then he can find himself in a very good position
    I don't think terrible matchmaking has anything to do with it. Up to, and including, the Maidana fight...Broner was the heavy favorite against all the guys he faced. But you could see weaknesses in his game early. For all his physical talent...his defense was vastly overrated. Add to that his clear lack of discipline...and it was only a matter of time before he was exposed. Basically Broner wanted to be Floyd without having any of the foundation that Mayweather built before his "Money" persona. His handlers will feed him some B/C level talent to build him up again...but i am by no means confident in him being a great champion.

Thread Information