Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: will a fight between froch and chavez really happen?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default will a fight between froch and chavez really happen?

i think that it would be a great fight for froch and a big money fight for both of them. obviously froch would jump at the chance to make the fight but chavez is a different story. when does his TR contract expire? i know that he has been having disputes with bob. even though he isnt a great fighter, i dont think that he blatantly ducks fighters. he was just brought along slowly. i think without bob in the way, this fight gets made.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: will a fight between froch and chavez really happen?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    i think that it would be a great fight for froch and a big money fight for both of them. obviously froch would jump at the chance to make the fight but chavez is a different story. when does his TR contract expire? i know that he has been having disputes with bob. even though he isnt a great fighter, i dont think that he blatantly ducks fighters. he was just brought along slowly. i think without bob in the way, this fight gets made.
    Even if it does I see a one sided pounding.

Froch takes him easy.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

Froch takes him easy.
    Im not so sure now. Chavez does have a good chin and does let his hands go. Is he strong enough to push Carl back and hurt him? He will catch him. He has stamina so it will make a good fight at least.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Chavez is strong at super middle. His size was his main advantage at middle and he is giving that up at super middle. If Chavez beat Froch it would show how weak the div is and bring Wards spot in tr P4P lists into debate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight to make. But if I were Froch, I would smartly set some conditions:

1. The fight's made in England (Junior needs to be forcibly removed from the Mexico/Texas/Las Vegas area).
    2. The weight limit is strictly enforced, and Junior is closely monitored for any shady business with diuretics or anything else that will allow him to show up 30 pounds heavier than Froch at fight time.
    3. Obviously by setting the fight in the UK, Laurence Cole would not be anywhere near the ring action. This is a must.

With all conditions being equal, Froch would beat the living snot out of Baby Chavez. While it lasted, it would be a pretty good fight.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

Froch takes him easy.
    Im not so sure now. Chavez does have a good chin and does let his hands go. Is he strong enough to push Carl back and hurt him? He will catch him. He has stamina so it will make a good fight at least.
    I agree, he's not as bad or as good as the hater/lovers would have us believe. His experience would be a plus.
    Really the whole thing would depend on Chavez, does he take the fight seriously and train or not. It's hard to say what he will do. A lot of unfocused and wasted talent there, as we all know.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A rematch with Ward should happen.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its the most likely option for Froch next. He wants to fight in Vegas, but also win. I doubt he'd beat Ward but a Froch - Chavez fight is both winable and sellable.
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    I don't know about that, we want to see good fights. Ward is very good at what he does plus layoffs don't seem to hinder him.
    I see another boring affair with Froch looking frustrated again.
    A possibly boring fight that I would watch for sure.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is Chavez even an opponent? His name? What does the fight do for Carl at this point in his career? And how did Chavez get his mandatory ranking in both the WBC and WBO?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Why is Chavez even an opponent? His name? What does the fight do for Carl at this point in his career? And how did Chavez get his mandatory ranking in both the WBC and WBO?

Given 2 chances and some funny business on the scales he beat Vera. Forget mandatory ranking, he should be inducted to each and every HOF immediately. In fact he should, his children should and his children's children. You better recognize the achievements of the great Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    I don't know about that, we want to see good fights. Ward is very good at what he does plus layoffs don't seem to hinder him.
    I see another boring affair with Froch looking frustrated again.
    A possibly boring fight that I would watch for sure.
    The best fight out there for Ward is Bika. He has a belt and had Ward hurt. Hes the most likely to go for broke and make it uncomfortable for Ward.

His recent run of fights is impressive for a veteran! Hos last 3 fights have been against unbeaten, world rated 20 somethings. The mans a machine and has done more than any other super middle the past year or so.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

1. The fight's made in England (Junior needs to be forcibly removed from the Mexico/Texas/Las Vegas area).
    2. The weight limit is strictly enforced, and Junior is closely monitored for any shady business with diuretics or anything else that will allow him to show up 30 pounds heavier than Froch at fight time.
    3. Obviously by setting the fight in the UK, Laurence Cole would not be anywhere near the ring action. This is a must.

With all conditions being equal, Froch would beat the living snot out of Baby Chavez. While it lasted, it would be a pretty good fight.
    Damn, my friend!! Does Chavez get to pick his trainer? or the cereal he eats? LOL

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    1.Why is Chavez even an opponent? 2.His name? 3.What does the fight do for Carl at this point in his career? 4.And how did Chavez get his mandatory ranking in both the WBC and WBO?

Huge fan base. Carl wants and deserves a big payday ?

2. Yes his name or rather his fathers

3. Gives him a chance to fight in Vegas and boost his HOF chances as well as his profile in the US via Jr's association with the name Chavez

. A combination of the marketability of pink underwear and magic. Mostly backhanders and shady dealings though.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I get what youre saying buts its a moot point. The whole point in fighting Chavez in the first place is cos its a Vegas fight. Froch has no interest in fighting Chavez outside of Vegas. Only reason Chavez is even on Frochs radar is cos hes a draw in Vegas. Im sure Froch would much rather fight a more deserving opponent but who else can do a Vegas fight at these weights?
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Thread Information