Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gaining muscles

Running more gives them a good shape to start to bulk them up, also a more athletic shape, also running targets your calves.

I am living proof that running long distances and skipping powerfully gives you a great calve muscle my calves are 16inches and at the moment my thighs are 22-23 inches(used to be around 25, but dont bike as much and do heavy squats). But hey dont take my word for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J.Wright
    Running more gives them a good shape to start to bulk them up, also a more athletic shape, also running targets your calves.

I am living proof that running long distances and skipping powerfully gives you a great calve muscle my calves are 16inches and at the moment my thighs are 22-23 inches(used to be around 25, but dont bike as much and do heavy squats). But hey dont take my word for it
    thats some good size you have there, i'm trying to resist the temptation to train my legs as i've only just fitted back into 32" waist jeans lol, my legs wouldnt fit in them before :P

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Running more gives them a good shape to start to bulk them up, also a more athletic shape, also running targets your calves.

I'll have to measure mine, since I started doing hill sprints and stair running my calfs have shot right up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GutShot
    i had 16.5" calves when i was bodybuilding, they only grew that size when i was sitting at 17stone
    your only a mere 11 stone, thats tiny in bodybuilding terms and i wouldnt expect you to have anything "big" with your current weight. More of an athletic look, but not bodybuilding...

if you want bigger calves your going to have to up the calorie intake, when you were juicing did you up your protein and carbs to create an ideal environment for muscle growth? After the cycle did you do a course or PCT and keep the calories up still, slowly tapering them down?

calves are stubborn as hell, my genetics were blessed enough to allow big legs, i so much as looked at them and they grew lol. My leg stats were 16.5" calves and 27.5" thighs
    Hi Gunshot - I've always been skinny! My memory is a bit faded but I recall that I did run a 3 week PCT (novadex), from week 7 of an 8 week course (Irainian Test Ethernate (2 jabs a week) ). I used to visit muscletalk.co.uk a lot and learnt a lot from there before I ran a course. When I was on my course of I was eating between 4000 - 6000 calories a day (also adding junk food to my diet to up the calories), one day a week I'd just go mental ont he junk food (usually pizza) as much food down my throat as I could. I'd get atleast 30g of protein every 2 hours, although looking back I wish that I had mixed my proteins or taken amino acids as my main source of protein was from a single source (chicken breasts).

I know a few decent boxers who have skinny legs - they have said the same as me - no matter what/how they train their calves, they just don;t seem to grow. - I have also been told (so don;t quote me on this :P ), that your calves and forearms are mainly built of fast twitch fibres and these are naturally smaller that slow fibres and making them grow is a lot harder than say chest or bicept.

Since I've been boxing training I've found it impossible to keep weight on - I've really got into running recently and know that I wont get any decent size when I am doing this, but in a month or so I am going to try and get to do some weights just to try and get back a bit of size. I am planning to box ametuer at the start of next season and will be fighting at 65-69Kg so think that I can afford to eat a bit of crap now, just to try and pack on a few pounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats some good size you have there, i'm trying to resist the temptation to train my legs as i've only just fitted back into 32" waist jeans lol, my legs wouldnt fit in them before :P
    My waist as at right now is 29inches, but i havent been running or skipping for a week and a bit, stress fractures in my foot from running on uneven road surfaces.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats some good size you have there, i'm trying to resist the temptation to train my legs as i've only just fitted back into 32" waist jeans lol, my legs wouldnt fit in them before :P
    hahaha, I know the feeling, when I used to be a labourer I would squat so I didn't fuck my back up, all of a sudden my legs just got huge and none of my jeans fitted any more... Some times size around the waist is a good thing J.Wright... as long as its from your abs sticking out and not a beer belly :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB

hahaha, I know the feeling, when I used to be a labourer I would squat so I didn't fuck my back up, all of a sudden my legs just got huge and none of my jeans fitted any more... Some times size around the waist is a good thing J.Wright... as long as its from your abs sticking out and not a beer belly :P
    yea having that little layer of fat if you do have any just to protect the muscle is good. I think the core is the essential force of a fighter, but thats my opinion, i think i would die if i had a beer belly lol

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I'll tell you something, since I left my job as a labourer I don't burn as much fat during the day because I use less energy when I'm not in the gym, I've started to eat less but I've gained a small amount of fat and I feel much better for it. a certain amount is definetly healthy.

before then my body fat must have been dangerously low.

Thread Information