Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Loma vs Russell next week

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
    You know what's sad? Lomachenko has only had 2 pro fights, and he's already fought better opposition than Russell.
    Sad is your expression when Lomo gets rudely face-planted.

What's sad is the same guys that dog Russell's resume are GG fans....now THAT is sad.
    At least Russell isn't 32 years old.

Cotto has only ONE fight at MW and he has a better resume than that clown.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    You know what's sad? Lomachenko has only had 2 pro fights, and he's already fought better opposition than Russell.

What's sad is the same guys that dog Russell's resume are GG fans....now THAT is sad.

I ain't dogging Russell. I'm just stating straight facts. He's fought nothing but scrubs and you know it. You keep saying no one wants to fight him. But you're doing it halfheartedly. Cuz you know it's bullshit. He's a 5'4 short arm midget with a 58% knock out rate. Nobody is avoiding him

I like Golovtkin. His resume is better than Russell. But that ain't saying shit. Overall Golovtkin resume is very weak. And I been saying that for awhile.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

I ain't dogging Russell. I'm just stating straight facts. He's fought nothing but scrubs and you know it. You keep saying no one wants to fight him. But you're doing it halfheartedly. Cuz you know it's bullshit. He's a 5'4 short arm midget with a 58% knock out rate. Nobody is avoiding him

I like Golovtkin. His resume is better than Russell. But that ain't saying shit. Overall Golovtkin resume is very weak. And I been saying that for awhile.
    A mexican should not be calling people midgets.

Russell is 5'4 but his reach is only 2 inches shorter than Golovkins.
    GG is older than Russell and still hasn't done shit...but you like Golovkin for some reason.

The only threat for Russell is Nicholas Walters...everybody else is getting trounced.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lomachenko's style reminds me of Amir Khan. At least he's going to be able to fight his style in this fight without getting mauled on the inside and punched in the balls every ten seconds. I think this fight will be a chess match with Russell protecting his chin and Lomachenko coming in, throwing a combination and getting out. It could look a lot like an amateur fight. I hope I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Although Lomachenko only has two pro fights, you could also add the experience of the WSB fights fighting Salido gave Loma more experience than fighting all of Russell's opponents put together totally shot Pastrana and Ruiz well above their best weights does not come close to what Lomachenko would have learned against a heavier, veteran in Saildo
    Solido didn't teach him shit about blazing KO punches coming at him from both sides.
    An old mexican is poor preparation for Russell Jr.

You guys don't know jack shit about boxing.
    You should grow up son
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post
    I think Russell never stepped up cause he's hiding a china chin.
    Nobody will fight Russell.

A guy with Maravilla in his siggy shouldn't be talking shit about china chins...
    Cotto had that bitch on his face with grazing shots.

Russell will shut up a lot of uninformed haters this weekend.

Arum must have a life insurance policy on Lomenchenko.
    The proposed fight between Daniel Ponce de Leon and Gary Russell Jr. will not take place. Ponce de Leon agreed to take the fight at 130 pounds but Russell has turned down the offer. In turning down the fight Russell has turned down the opportunity to take make a legit name for himself and to step up a level. Face it, the guy has not fought anyone of worth and when given the opportunity to step it up takes the easy way out.

Frank Espinoza, manager to Ponce de Leon and Abner Mares was surprised that Russell turned down the offer. “Golden Boy Promotions told me Russell turned down the fight. My guy just had a tough fight with Abner Mares in May and he wasn’t looking for an easy fight for his next fight. I do not even remember who the last guy that Russell fought. That guy wouldn’t last four rounds with Ponce de Leon. Russell has 22 fights and I couldn’t even name 3 of his opponents. Golden Boy offered us Russell and Ponce de Leon accepted the fight without hesitation. I don’t think Russell and his team expected Ponce to accept the fight. I see him talking about Ponce in a lot of interviews and making it appear like he wants to fight him but I don’t think he ever really wanted to fight my fighter and that’s fine, we understand. A lot of guys out there are always talking about fighting Ponce de Leon but it’s a different story when a contract to fight him is on the table,” said Espinoza.

Russell has also mentioned another of Espinoza’s fighters as an opponent when he said that Mares would be a good notch on his belt. Before Russell fights Mares or any other champion he needs to prove himself and if he were to face and beat Ponce de Leon who is a former world champion then he can have the right to fight for a major title against a legit opponent.
    Come on now don't make excuses for Russell. What kind of fighter is named Prospect of the Year (2011) by the Ring Magazine and ESPN and Fights in HBO then drops off the map. He's fights and opponents are not even Friday Night Fights level. He's gonna turn out to be a dud. He'll spark out faster then a cheap one dollar firework on the Fourth of July.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GG is older than Russell and still hasn't done shit...but you like Golovkin for some reason.

The only threat for Russell is Nicholas Walters...everybody else is getting trounced.
    Good thing for you Russell will avoid Walters like the plague. So that fight will never happen

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was dubbed a "coin-flip" fight in an article on SweetScience.

Russell may have more pro experience -albeit against "scrubs"- but I don't think he's likely to rough him up to any degree like Salido did lol, so I've got Loma on this one (60% prob.).
    I'm looking forward to it almost as much as Crawford vs Gamboa! Some interesting fights this month

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gary Russell has a 61' inch reach to Golovkin's 70' inch reach; big difference. The same can be said of their resume's; all you have to do is look at their KO percentages and one can understand why many boxing fans hold GGG with higher esteem. Gary Russell is a chinless knockout waiting to happen as soon as he steps up and fights someone who's skilled enough to use angles and set up. Lomachenko will be fine as long as he doesn't linger long enough on the side to get cut up by Russell's razor sharp T-rex arms.
    "A liar can turn truth into lies. Weakness can turn pain into hurt."

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by goti71 View Post
    It was dubbed a "coin-flip" fight in an article on SweetScience.

Russell may have more pro experience -albeit against "scrubs"- but I don't think he's likely to rough him up to any degree like Salido did lol, so I've got Loma on this one (60% prob.).
    I'm looking forward to it almost as much as Crawford vs Gamboa! Some interesting fights this month
    Exactly how I see it. Close competitive fight with Loma having the edge. Id probably give him a slightly better then 60% chance of winning this

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazzWolf View Post

Gary Russell has a 61' inch reach to Golovkin's 70' inch reach; big difference. The same can be said of their resume's; all you have to do is look at their KO percentages and one can understand why many boxing fans hold GGG with higher esteem. Gary Russell is a chinless knockout waiting to happen as soon as he steps up and fights someone who's skilled enough to use angles and set up. Lomachenko will be fine as long as he doesn't linger long enough on the side to get cut up by Russell's razor sharp T-rex arms.
    Lomo will let you haters down...you'll be scrathing your empty heads after this annihilation.

GG is matched like his is 22 instead of 32

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lomachenko has all the tools to become champion and he could have done so against Salido big time. I am not saying that he'll win against Russell but to count him out flat with the "mauled" tag is just pretty silly. The kid has energy to fight 15 rounds, remarkable technique, a solid speed and enough power to be respected. A multiple time olympian winner like him and with the balls to fight the best instead of trying to live high on a padded record should be met with utter respect.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Lomachenko has all the tools to become champion and he could have done so against Salido big time. I am not saying that he'll win against Russell but to count him out flat with the "mauled" tag is just pretty silly. The kid has energy to fight 15 rounds, remarkable technique, a solid speed and enough power to be respected. A multiple time olympian winner like him and with the balls to fight the best instead of trying to live high on a padded record should be met with utter respect.
    Remarkable technique best describes Russell...not the guy that falls into clinches.

Do any of you guys like American fighters at all??
    Russell is the one with all the tools.

Arum must have a life insurance policy on this glorified amateur.
    Can't wait to see him get fucked up this saturday...then ya'll can flock to another foreigner's crotch.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Remarkable technique best describes Russell...not the guy that falls into clinches.

Do any of you guys like American fighters at all??
    Russell is the one with all the tools.

Arum must have a life insurance policy on this glorified amateur.
    Can't wait to see him get fucked up this saturday...then ya'll can flock to another foreigner's crotch.
    I'm a big fan of Mikey Garcia. He's American. And unlike Russell he fights fighters with a pulse

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have huge doubts and disregard for the way Lomanchenko has walked into the ring on a red carpet. Could give two shats about his Amateur career. Its all a bit of a gimmick move by ScarumArum and frankly Loma has set himself up with zero maneuverability for a long term career...but one thing I like is his literal learning in the Salido fight..the way he closed and adjusted in the late rounds. His stamina and pace looks very solid. The strongest rounds of that fight for him. Have never been enthused with Russell and while he obviously has some skill he either rudely welcomes him within the 1st half of the fight or Lomanchenko will win wide down the stretch at range and with more options.

Thread Information