Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Diego Chaves got what he deserved

I do not like Rios at all. He's a punk with no respect for anyone and fails to take accountability for his fouls and misbehavior.

That said, Chaves is a sneaky, sly, instigating little cunt.

At first I thought the headbutts were all Rios. Then I began to notice Chaves was rubbing his face all in Brandon's face then really being dramatic about rios butting him back.

By the end Chaves was rubbing his thumb in Brandon's eye where the red couldn't see.

I do think Drakulich took points prematurely and backed himself into a corner with the DQ. But, ultimately Chaves has no one to blame but himself.

He's like a far more clever and subtle Andrew Golota with his constant fouling.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Diego Chaves got what he deserved

Moron.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rios is no welter weight, did you see the rolls of fat on him it was a dirty fight by both
    fighters, more holding, elbows, inside of the gloves, ref was crap he let it turn into a
    dirty fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The ref spoiled a good fight. Yeah they were both dirty but it wasn't so bad that someone needed to get chucked out. I think old Vic bottled it because Rios and Garcia (the home team) were so badly on his case.

Chaves doesn't speak a lick of English yet old Vic was running off sentences at him. Mad.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched the replay on boxnation. Ref was god awful. I cant see what the DQ was for? THe DDT Chaves gave Rios could have warranted it but the clinch at the end didnt seem to have much in it?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I respectfully disagree, Hulk. It was a dirty, but fun fight and the referee lost his head completely. The first point was taken prematurely and after that Dracula was all over the place. There were only five minutes to go and apparently Chaves was up on 2 cards. He saved Rios there and that doesn't sit right with me.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is the worst hack job by a ref I think I've ever seen. It was actually worse then Cortez in Mayweather/Hatton. The entire HBO crew couldn't believe what was happening. Show me the infractions that deserved point deductions thrice and then show me where either man should have been disqualified? I'm not even going to argue this any further. There is no evidence. Saying they both fought dirty is not evidence and that was tame compared to hundreds of fights over the years. Those three point deductions were disgusting and uncalled for. The stopping of the fight was insane. There was not even an infraction then. When its up on youtube I expect proof time stamped for each deduction with warnings and then the death blow that justifies the disqualification. If you cant justify the two previous deductions against Chaves then you cant justify the disqualification. What makes this even more preposterous is that there was no final foul to act on the other imaginary two. Rios crying about being thumbed prior to the dq. How does one thumb with thumb-less gloves? He pushed Rios away from a head lock.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It shouldn't have been stopped. Rios is looking more and more limited as he goes higher in weight. He bodied guys earlier in his career at 135. At 147, he's not having the same effect and he looks slow and one dimensional. He's a dead man walking.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They should have tanked the whole fight on a technical call and made it a no contest not punish the visitor.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I do not like Rios at all. He's a punk with no respect for anyone and fails to take accountability for his fouls and misbehavior.

At first I thought the headbutts were all Rios. Then I began to notice Chaves was rubbing his face all in Brandon's face then really being dramatic about rios butting him back.

By the end Chaves was rubbing his thumb in Brandon's eye where the red couldn't see.

I do think Drakulich took points prematurely and backed himself into a corner with the DQ. But, ultimately Chaves has no one to blame but himself.

I think that's a fair assessment, Chaves should have stuck to his stated plan of boxing. Instead he came out swinging hoping to catch Rios early, the sneaky little shit. Lol.
    Rios started pounding him in the second so Chaves started holding, using his head, and his biggest mistake, getting stiff necked and uncooperative with the ref.
    Chaves comes from a boxing family so he's knows all the dirty tricks. I don't know what he thought he was doing by antagonizing the ref, but I was glad to see him DQed. I don't like to see DQs, I agreed with this one.
    There is no way I'd like to see a rematch, piss on that little prick.
    Did the ref let things get out of hand? Yes, but in my opinion he was pushed to the limit by Chaves. When Rios started retaliating, he earned point deduction too.
    The broadcast crew were talking about foreign fighters not getting an even break in the US, and there is some truth to that, but that has nothing to do with dirty fighting or ignoring the ref. IMO

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

I think that's a fair assessment, Chaves should have stuck to his stated plan of boxing. Instead he came out swinging hoping to catch Rios early, the sneaky little shit. Lol.
    Rios started pounding him in the second so Chaves started holding, using his head, and his biggest mistake, getting stiff necked and uncooperative with the ref.
    Chaves comes from a boxing family so he's knows all the dirty tricks. I don't know what he thought he was doing by antagonizing the ref, but I was glad to see him DQed. I don't like to see DQs, I agreed with this one.
    There is no way I'd like to see a rematch, piss on that little prick.
    Did the ref let things get out of hand? Yes, but in my opinion he was pushed to the limit by Chaves. When Rios started retaliating, he earned point deduction too.
    The broadcast crew were talking about foreign fighters not getting an even break in the US, and there is some truth to that, but that has nothing to do with dirty fighting or ignoring the ref. IMO
    I disagree Rios showed bad sportsmanship cussing wt the ref and Chavez. He looked to be the one not cooperating like another poster said Chavez doesn't understand any English and in that case they need a ref that's speaks both languages or knows the general boxing gestures the ref was horrible not the fighters.
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Drakulich did the right thing. Yes Chaves was a sneaky little bastard. Drakulich caught it out and punished properly. Fine refereeing by Drak.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

Drakulich did the right thing. Yes Chaves was a sneaky little bastard. Drakulich caught it out and punished properly. Fine refereeing by Drak.
    Troll much?

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    It shouldn't have been stopped. Rios is looking more and more limited as he goes higher in weight. He bodied guys earlier in his career at 135. At 147, he's not having the same effect and he looks slow and one dimensional. He's a dead man walking.
    This is what I feel ticked Drakulich off: Chaves didn't need to resort to such nonsense in the fight. If he had stuck to boxing, he was winning the clean exchanges. He had the fight to win.

Drakulich probably sensed, as we did, that this fight was on a slow roll to becoming a fiasco. It didn't look too safe after the fight was called either- I was thinking a brawl would ensure, or something really dreadful.

Drakulich saw the air in the room, during the fight and saw the extent to which Chaves was trying to take it- knowing full well Rios is the kind of fighter that becomes frustrated too and responds to stuff like that- and tried to deflate some of this before it escalated and we all had a fight we really didn't want to see.

Drakulich, even though the fight could have been better, averted a near disaster.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My Lord. Leave the subjectivity at the door. This is boxing not tiddly winks ffs. Why not just change the sport and wrap every fighter in bubble wrap. People who called that travesty a fair call might want to choose another sport to watch.

Thread Information