Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Martin Murray being frozen out!

... and disrespected to boot. This is the same Murray that took Sergio to the edge and nearly knocked him out before Cotto did. In fact, he won that fight and had it not been in Argentina, we would be saying Murray is the unified champion.

I am sure GGG isn't ducking Murray, but I'm sure everyone else in the Middle isn't taking him to task.

But, yet, these folks would fight the Geale's, Lee's and Macklin's of the world. smh....

Martin Murray needs his just due.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Martin Murray being frozen out!

I've wondered why he isn't more in the mix as well, he's kept busy enough since the MArtinez just not against anyone we'd know. He is the WBC silver chamion though, all he can do is keep knocking over challengers for that legendary strap I suppose

Must have some promotional issues or something, wasn't he supposed to fight Golovkin last year and then something got between it?

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I've wondered why he isn't more in the mix as well, he's kept busy enough since the MArtinez just not against anyone we'd know. He is the WBC silver chamion though, all he can do is keep knocking over challengers for that legendary strap I suppose

Must have some promotional issues or something, wasn't he supposed to fight Golovkin last year and then something got between it?
    LOL. I heard Jim Lampley lay into the WBA and all of these silly little trinkets during this weekend's bouts. lololol... it really is pathetic.

WBA=The Soccer Mom's of boxing. Everyone gets a medal. lolol....

But, Murray should be at the top of the list with any of the champs between Jr. Middle and Super Middle.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murray is fighting for a obscure promoter from South Africa, to be honest they are supposed to
    be paying him really well, pros and cons he can't fight in the USA because of visa issues.
    He's may well be frozen out, but what can he do Hatton does not seem to be able to keep his fighters I wonder WHY,!!! Murray you could say has dropped a clanger, but he's getting paid
    may be his former promoter was not paying him.!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murray is fighting for a South African promoter and that definitely doesnt give him much glamour. ALso, due to past crimes he struggles to get Visas and as such there arent many fights for him. Im pretty sure Murray turned down a fight with GGG whne GGG fought Adama in Monaco instead. I believe he turned it down because he thought he was gonna get a shot at Sturm so I suppose its fair enough.

Regarding how good he is, I really dont see much between the likes of him, Geale, Sturm, Solimon or Macklin. If we judge like for likes Macklin performed slightly better than Murray v Sturm and Murray performed slightly better than Mack against Martinez. Geale and Solimon both beat Sturm while the two English lads didnt. I also thing the version of Martinez Mack and Barket faced was far beetter than the version Murray faced.

Lee has looked poor of late but at his best he is also in the mix of the guys listed above.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as I Like Murray, and as much as I think he is the best of the current crop of British Middleweights and as much as I feel he is one of the best in the World, he really only has himself to blame.
    Firstly , because of his criminal record , he couldn't get a Visa to fight in the states in the big World Title fights, that's how he ended up in Martinez's back yard.
    Secondly, for whatever reason , he decided to Leave his promoter (Hatton) when he had been engineered into a winnable interim World Title shot , and in effect a mandatory to Golovkin's "Super" title in Monaco, and duly pulled out of that with a "Haye style bad back!".
    Thirdly , after this , he signed for an African (?) promotion company that weren't particularly recognised by the big boys in the UK or the States . Apparently , he is being paid pretty well by them , but I Don't know if they can get him the big Title shots. Obviously , I'm sure he's got his reasons for signing for them and it's a short career so if he thinks that's the best money for him, then good luck to him.
    My opinion is that he wasn't earning what he wanted with Hatton nor being kept busy enough. Matchroom never offered what these other guys did .
    I can't helping thinking he's looking more short term than long term. For example, if he signed for Matchroom , he would get less to start with , but would build up a higher profile and following , create more interest and then the big money and fights not only would come, but also in his back yard without the need to go across the pond (with his Visa issues.) there was even talk at one time of stepping up to fight Froch , which could also have been big further down the line.
    another good money fight for him would be with Macklin, which he would relish, not only because he would beat him, but also because he absolutely can't stand him!
    I wish him well because like I said before, I like him AND I rate him, but he has to fight some higher profile guys.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    As much as I Like Murray, and as much as I think he is the best of the current crop of British Middleweights and as much as I feel he is one of the best in the World, he really only has himself to blame.
    Firstly , because of his criminal record , he couldn't get a Visa to fight in the states in the big World Title fights, that's how he ended up in Martinez's back yard.
    Secondly, for whatever reason , he decided to Leave his promoter (Hatton) when he had been engineered into a winnable interim World Title shot , and in effect a mandatory to Golovkin's "Super" title in Monaco, and duly pulled out of that with a "Haye style bad back!".
    Thirdly , after this , he signed for an African (?) promotion company that weren't particularly recognised by the big boys in the UK or the States . Apparently , he is being paid pretty well by them , but I Don't know if they can get him the big Title shots. Obviously , I'm sure he's got his reasons for signing for them and it's a short career so if he thinks that's the best money for him, then good luck to him.
    My opinion is that he wasn't earning what he wanted with Hatton nor being kept busy enough. Matchroom never offered what these other guys did .
    I can't helping thinking he's looking more short term than long term. For example, if he signed for Matchroom , he would get less to start with , but would build up a higher profile and following , create more interest and then the big money and fights not only would come, but also in his back yard without the need to go across the pond (with his Visa issues.) there was even talk at one time of stepping up to fight Froch , which could also have been big further down the line.
    another good money fight for him would be with Macklin, which he would relish, not only because he would beat him, but also because he absolutely can't stand him!
    I wish him well because like I said before, I like him AND I rate him, but he has to fight some higher profile guys.
    You make some good points, he's a tough fighter nothing electrifying good solid performer, he was
    very unlucky against Sergio, the fights he could do with are in the USA but he has little chance of
    fighting there, a GGG fight in Europe maybe but he would want a good pay day for that one.!!!
    Matchroom have Froch if Murray was in that stable he would have to play second fiddle, and Warren
    has Billy Joe, if he gets a World title shot he will NOT have home advantage pity, and after you fight for a World title, it must be hard to get motivated to take a treading water type of fight.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martin Murray only has himself to blame. He ducked GGG twice or three times depending on your count. He made a name for himself on the world level by putting up a tremendous effort against Martinez and then turned around and lost that name by leaving his promoter and taking a step back in opposition.

With all that said, he's a very good middleweight. Frankly, not in terms of wins, but in terms of talent, I'd rank him behind Kid Chocolate, Cotto, and GGG. He has a good shot with Cotto and Kid Chocolate too.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What record does Murray have? What was his crime?

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    What record does Murray have? What was his crime?
    I dont know. I just know he spent time in prison in his early 20s. Id guess it was for petty theft or assault. Hes a social worker now and works with kids in his area to try keep them on track and seems to have turned his life around.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saw Murray on BT Sports and he was content because he was fighting and getting paid well. I do not think he wanted to get crushed by GGG and trying to get himself against the other easier champs.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information