Dwayne McRae hopes to stamp ticket to the next level!

For Immediate Release

Laurel, MD (October 30, 2014) – A quick glance at the record of heavyweight hopeful Dwayne “Big Ticket” McRae shows a respectable 14 wins against only three defeats with eight of his victories by knockout.

After dropping two out of three fights back in 2009, McRae’s lost just once in eleven tries. However, the Maryland native is adamant that he’s better than what you see on paper.

“I was robbed in the two decisions,” McRae said of both majority decisions he dropped five years ago. The one fight I lost by TKO was due to a cut and the referee stopped it way too quickly and I know I would’ve come back to win. Truth be told, I feel like an unbeaten fighter.”

Even if he were 17-0, McRae is a relative newcomer to the sport, competing in just 14 amateur bouts prior to turning pro. However the 34-year-old grew up in a brutal environment where he had to fight for everything. Due all he’s been through, including being shot in the knee before his pro debut, McRae’s confident his trials and tribulations can help him overcome whatever doubters believe he lacks in experience.

“I’ve been through a lot as a person and a fighter. When I first started boxing, I was beating guys up in the gym after doing bad things in the street or going out and drinking the night before. Now I’m on a whole different path. I’m not getting any younger so I’m taking this sport a lot more seriously. I came from the streets but am now blessed to be surrounded by good people. My plan is to step it up in the immediate future. My manager Mike Harris makes all the decisions but with the way I’m training I want to fight in a ten rounder. I’ve got a hit list of potential opponents and the guys I’ve got in mind are the kind of opponents that can get me to the next level.”

McRae returns to the ring Saturday evening against veteran Grover Young at Constitution Hall in Washington, DC. If he’s victorious, the confident McRae believes he’ll be able to land a notable fight in the near future because of his willingness to take tougher fights and TV-friendly style.

“I’m different than the typical heavyweight because I’m an explosive fighter and I’m going to bring the fight to my opponents. I love fighting and performing for a crowd so I’ve got to continue making it happen. The way I fight is made for TV and I’m looking to step up to the next level.”

Fans can interact with McRae by going to https://www.facebook.com/big.ticketmcrae.