Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Keith Thurman is a dummy!

Paulie was right. Keith is a big dummy. lolol...

How can it be that Broner started boxing professionally after you, but has made multi-million dollar paydays and you haven't made near a dime?

How is it that Danny Garcia started his professional career in the same month as you, but has a major title and has been in the big stage for paydays?

You have to blame yourself now. Yes, yes.... we know you are a big puncher, and they run from you. But what have you done for YOURSELF to make the fans demand that they shell out their money to see you?

GGG has been stepping up his paydays, and people are willing to fight him and they know what would happen to them: Rosado, Geale, Macklin, Ishida and Stevens. They know they were going to be battered into submission. If they didn't know, or feel that, then they were stupid.

So, with all of that being said, why can't you make a dime when you could possibly ko anyone between Jr. Welter and Jr. Middle?

Have to blame yourself, now. You are not the Adrien Broner type: charismatic, flashy, talks himself up and engages the public in his black sorta way. You are also not the humble, family package Latino-Mayweather as Danny Garcia.

You see? Even in Broner's loss, I still tune in to watch Broner because he is entertaining before, during and after the fight. He puts on a show plus he can fight.

Danny Garcia is family hour boxing. That's his niche. He is the family package fighter. You know?

Get an angle, Keith. You cant be callin' nobody out for them to get hit by you and you don't generate no money homie?!? WTF is that all about?!?!

As I pointed out a difference between Thurman and Garcia: Thurman is just being managed. Garcia is being managed, promoted, marketed and branded. Even Thurman vs. Broner: Broner is promoting himself, branded himself to a certain extent and as a result he is marketable- regardless of the loss.

Thurman, get your stiff ass in front of the fucking cameras. Go on talk shows. Good morning America. Letterman. Arsenio. Do shit in the community, join a cause like autism or cancer awareness. For fucks sake, man?!! Engage the public. Don't be a dumbass, get punched for your entire career and don't have the money to show for it!!

What are you gonna do? Wait until you are 30 plus years old to get a million dollar payday??

Snap out of that shit. And if Haymon doesn't have the time to put you in the public's eye other than when you step in the ring, go to Arum or Don King. They would fix you!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Keith Thurman is a dummy!

... or, do a Reality Show. Date a Hoe. Or date a chick on a reality show. Boost up.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree and disagree here. You're right about the promotional part and the self promotional part.
    Broners a solid gold doormat outside a gentleman's club. A nice touch, Shiny and inviting but what you really came to see lays beyond him and after you've been inside you're really not going to give a crap about or remember the doorkmat. He's an emulation. Hes got speed but really luring guys in to a target till they're close enough for you to quack and throw combos with blistering speed will only work till you face someone who can crack and doesn't care about your rep or name....as we saw.
    In reference to the Garcia comparisons, Garcia was a surprise that was able to take advantage of an unfocused Khan. Garcia has his merits as far as being durable and a heavy puncher. The Matthysse win was good Lucas made him look like a surgeon by winging away with one eye. Getting out worked by a geriatric judah and in his homecoming fight in Puerto Rico... kind of shows you where Garcia has settled. Lets not even get into bypassing anyone at his weight to fight an unranked selka that had no business in the ring with him. I don't buy the family angle either. This kids been music videos, etc self promoting and his father is anything but the proud but humble patriarch.

Now i'm not saying that Thurman is humble. I'm not even a thurman fan.. Still, thurman and guys like Matthysse, porter, maybe walters and others... are guys that seem to still believe in the boxing we all knew growing up. Being the best, training, preparing and conquering. Boxing is no longer that, thanks to guys like floyd, hopkins, broner and others that make up for a lack of action and effort with a surfeit of mouth and mugging for the camera. Biggest Issue is that boxing is a circus now. It has been ever since fighters stopped trying to win emphatically and started targeting and audience who want to see them knocked out. Some guys are simpler and more humble, Its not a reflection of skill.... Lennox was in his prime and a chess master and heavyweight Champ of the world, yet some people still thought a bloated, older, non head-movement having, non footwork having, probably drugged out tyson would obliterate him because... tyson was angry and crazy. The leverage of showmanship has created a stigma for up and coming fighters. Sell out, be a star, burn bright, make a lot of money, burn out and be forgotten... or hone your craft and do boxing fans proud and be willing to strike when the opportunity presents itself.
    I can barely bring myself to watch a floyd fight anymore. The BS, the arguing and nitpicking and watching him stuttering at the mic like a 5th grader to finally say something something scripted to be deliberately controversial. Funny enough, I haven't miss a single JMM fight... even the ones that weren't promoted very well. Just my opinion, of course...
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Agree and disagree here. You're right about the promotional part and the self promotional part.
    Broners a solid gold doormat outside a gentleman's club. A nice touch, Shiny and inviting but what you really came to see lays beyond him and after you've been inside you're really not going to give a crap about or remember the doorkmat. He's an emulation. Hes got speed but really luring guys in to a target till they're close enough for you to quack and throw combos with blistering speed will only work till you face someone who can crack and doesn't care about your rep or name....as we saw.
    In reference to the Garcia comparisons, Garcia was a surprise that was able to take advantage of an unfocused Khan. Garcia has his merits as far as being durable and a heavy puncher. The Matthysse win was good Lucas made him look like a surgeon by winging away with one eye. Getting out worked by a geriatric judah and in his homecoming fight in Puerto Rico... kind of shows you where Garcia has settled. Lets not even get into bypassing anyone at his weight to fight an unranked selka that had no business in the ring with him. I don't buy the family angle either. This kids been music videos, etc self promoting and his father is anything but the proud but humble patriarch.

Now i'm not saying that Thurman is humble. I'm not even a thurman fan.. Still, thurman and guys like Matthysse, porter, maybe walters and others... are guys that seem to still believe in the boxing we all knew growing up. Being the best, training, preparing and conquering. Boxing is no longer that, thanks to guys like floyd, hopkins, broner and others that make up for a lack of action and effort with a surfeit of mouth and mugging for the camera. Biggest Issue is that boxing is a circus now. It has been ever since fighters stopped trying to win emphatically and started targeting and audience who want to see them knocked out. Some guys are simpler and more humble, Its not a reflection of skill.... Lennox was in his prime and a chess master and heavyweight Champ of the world, yet some people still thought a bloated, older, non head-movement having, non footwork having, probably drugged out tyson would obliterate him because... tyson was angry and crazy. The leverage of showmanship has created a stigma for up and coming fighters. Sell out, be a star, burn bright, make a lot of money, burn out and be forgotten... or hone your craft and do boxing fans proud and be willing to strike when the opportunity presents itself.
    I can barely bring myself to watch a floyd fight anymore. The BS, the arguing and nitpicking and watching him stuttering at the mic like a 5th grader to finally say something something scripted to be deliberately controversial. Funny enough, I haven't miss a single JMM fight... even the ones that weren't promoted very well. Just my opinion, of course...
    The problem Thurman has is inactivity. GGG fights 4 times a year. He's fought barely twice this year. For a guy on the rise, that's sort of pathetic.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

The problem Thurman has is inactivity. GGG fights 4 times a year. He's fought barely twice this year. For a guy on the rise, that's sort of pathetic.
    I agree. The problem is Thurmans caught between a rock and hard place. He claims Haymon is an adviser and has no promotional rights to him. If that's true, its hard to have regular fights unless he gets called as an opponent for other guys, in which case you know he's not getting the lions share. He represents a lot of risk and little reward. Too much unless the other fighters promoter is trying to lock him into a contract. At which point I wouldn't be surprised to find out there's a fine print clause for Haymon to block or take a piece so big, it wouldn't be worth it anyway.

Damn I hate boxing as a "business"...
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan was "unfocused" when he fought Garcia?? lolol...

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Khan like most people thought it would be an easy nights work. He was boxing the ears of Garcia before he lost his focus and got caught with a hook. Theres a reason they turned down an immediate rematch. Garcia knew he wasnt getting a win

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Khan like most people thought it would be an easy nights work. He was boxing the ears of Garcia before he lost his focus and got caught with a hook. Theres a reason they turned down an immediate rematch. Garcia knew he wasnt getting a win
    So if Khan "thought it would be an easy nights work" and "he lost his focus" , are we saying Khan is just a shit pro with a shit attitude? So if that's the case , it can happen any time he fights. So how can he be taken seriously?
    And "He was boxing the ears of Garcia " !!!!! He was put down in the 3rd and KO'd in the 4th. So Khan had 2 or 3 minutes of quality did he? Big deal!
    The only reasons Khan never got a rematch are simple.
    1. He didn't deserve it.
    2. The fight was pretty conclusive. No need for a rematch.
    3. I can't remember him wanting the rematch too bad, and getting KO'd again.
    4. He wanted to mop up division , owed Morales the rematch, beat Judah then beat Matthysse when let's not forget most people thought he was gonna get banged out!
    5. Khan had been such an arrogant , cocky twat in the build up, that Garcia and his Dad thought "fuck him!"
    Khan's last fight was the best he's fought for a long time, but where was his opponent ranked? Certainly not top 10, maybe not top 20.
    Khan needs to prove he's worthy of all the shit people talk about him.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thurman should just fight on ESPN regularly and stay in the limelight and active. He is talented but he could easily fold.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunately, he is too big to go back to ESPN. NBC for a title contender spot, yea. But regular ESPN without any stake involved is too small time for him. Folks wouldn't buy into it. Plus, it will do him no good. If he was on a comeback trail, then he can sell the shit out of ESPN... but not now.

He just needs to go on a Keith promotional tour outside of boxing. Tell everyone in the world that every fighter is ducking him. Date a Reality Show Hoe. Something of that nature.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunately, he is too big to go back to ESPN. NBC for a title contender spot, yea. But regular ESPN without any stake involved is too small time for him. Folks wouldn't buy into it. Plus, it will do him no good. If he was on a comeback trail, then he can sell the shit out of ESPN... but not now.

He just needs to go on a Keith promotional tour outside of boxing. Tell everyone in the world that every fighter is ducking him. Date a Reality Show Hoe. Something of that nature.
    Good idea it worked for Haye, Broner and Briggs.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Good idea it worked for Haye, Broner and Briggs.
    Especially for Briggs. Because now we are even entertaining the idea of him fighting Wlad. With a few crowd pleasing ko's of a few stiffs, and he is right back in there.

If Wlad wins against Pulev- which isn't a guarantee- Briggs is right there for a shot.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

I agree. The problem is Thurmans caught between a rock and hard place. He claims Haymon is an adviser and has no promotional rights to him. If that's true, its hard to have regular fights unless he gets called as an opponent for other guys, in which case you know he's not getting the lions share. He represents a lot of risk and little reward. Too much unless the other fighters promoter is trying to lock him into a contract. At which point I wouldn't be surprised to find out there's a fine print clause for Haymon to block or take a piece so big, it wouldn't be worth it anyway.

Damn I hate boxing as a "business"...
    If anyone doesn't know. This is completely made up and inaccurate. Hayman is probably slime in many ways but his contracts are widely known to be better for the fighters than any other "promoters". And it's not close.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paulie was right. Keith is a big dummy. lolol...

How can it be that Broner started boxing professionally after you, but has made multi-million dollar paydays and you haven't made near a dime?

How is it that Danny Garcia started his professional career in the same month as you, but has a major title and has been in the big stage for paydays?
    Danny and pre-Maindana Broner are believers in God, Keith Turman is some pegan. Faith makes the difference.

You can likewise ask how come jewish people are 1000 times at least more successfull than the rest of the world.
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Thread Information