Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko v Kubrat Pulev

Pulev lost before he entered the ring.

His attitude on the way up to the fight screamed "I don't know what to do but get knocked out for lot of money".

He didn't care at all, he knew he was getting KO'd, avoiding the press conferences and shit.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am still in shock a Klitschko in a entertaining fight what's going on,! if Wlad had fought more
    like this people would have loved him.
    Pulev came into this fight as a danger man, but he was dealt with easily yes a good HW fight
    what's going on is it Christmas yet.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad impressed me and actually does when he let's his fucking hands go.... thumping left hooks and i love the fact that he's vulnerable when he does actually go after his opponent.

Wlad was definitely rocked a few times but recovers so fast then just went straight after Pulev.

Wlad is only 7-8 defences away from Joe Louis record of 25 title defences now.... who thinks he can do it bearing in mind he's 38 years old?

Full Fight

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not think he will get to 25 defences.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'll be close, but he needs to slightly pick up the pace.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    do you really think briggs is going to do anything but run out of energyand shell up after the first 2 minutes of the fight ?..... it would be an awful fight...
    Yes I do. In fact I think he's put up a much better showing. It was like they grabbed some big tough guy out of the Bulgarian army and told him to show up for a fight. Good for Wlad I suppose but lets get real here. That was a mess. I have never seen such terrible mobility by someone who was touted to be this threat. I'm surprised he can walk down a street w/o walking into street signs on a regular basis. Zero head movement. Terrible punching technique. And slow.....my lord man.

El Kabong Guest

Chris Byrd said a lot of fighters, even the big ones step in the ring with Wlad and just realize that is one huge guy.

Fight or flight man, Wlad uses his technical skill to such great success that he convinces you "there's no way over, around, or through" and guys don't know how to deal with it.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Yes I do. In fact I think he's put up a much better showing. It was like they grabbed some big tough guy out of the Bulgarian army and told him to show up for a fight. Good for Wlad I suppose but lets get real here. That was a mess. I have never seen such terrible mobility by someone who was touted to be this threat. I'm surprised he can walk down a street w/o walking into street signs on a regular basis. Zero head movement. Terrible punching technique. And slow.....my lord man.
    I don't know briggs last few fights against competent opposition have been pretty poor from him, vitali just pounded away on him all night and his fights v the 2 soviets were also pretty poor, although he did get a lovely last round ko. Briggs has only got older since then, I don't think it would be good to watch at all..

Was this fight on hbo afterall ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The last time I saw Briggs go beyond 1 round vs a guy with just a minimum of movement and counters he looked exhausted and being hit with slap hooks. Can anyone seriously imagine Wlad shooting rights and hooks off that jab on him...I don't think Briggs makes 5 rounds. The thing about Wlad and its increasingly apparent, he knows how to and subtly wears a guy down almost as much with physicality, shoulders, clinching, mauling and moving as he does with 1-2's. I think that would be disastrous for a guy like Wilder who on top of never taking a serious punch, has never had to or learned to deal with inside grinding and wear and tear with those thin legs.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    I don't know briggs last few fights against competent opposition have been pretty poor from him, vitali just pounded away on him all night and his fights v the 2 soviets were also pretty poor, although he did get a lovely last round ko. Briggs has only got older since then, I don't think it would be good to watch at all..

Was this fight on hbo afterall ?

That is in the past though. He's lost a hundred pounds, seems to have his asthma under control and has went on a nice ko run and in short order. He'd pose a lot more problems for Wlad then Pulev did and has a better overall resume then most of Wlads opponents. If Wilder can be ranked #1 and qualify for a title shot then Briggs does.

Having said that I hope HBO pushes for the full unification or that somehow Wlad is able to get the winner of Stiverne and Wilder should that fight take place in my lifetime. I'm surprised that some stand aside money has no been offered in order to finally have an undisputed champion. Imo Wlad deserves a shot at the WBC on ethical reasons alone. The only reason he never fought for it over the years was because his brother owned it.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was an entertaining fight but let's be honest he held for the first minute and a bit without letting go then threw a punch on the way in to hold, and the fight was over

hed have held for 12 rounds if he'd have had too

Richie Woodall was superb in the build up
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Woodhall was excellent as a commentator last night.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information