196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mike Tyson is TBE

Quote Originally Posted by NVSemin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    1. Cus D. had taught the peekaboo system before Tyson. Mike perfected it & the numbers system, but it wasn't a perfect system.
    2. Since Evander didn't have power, how else did he defeat Tyson other than (timing) his head movement?
    3. To compare Adamak to Evander? Adamak was in a life and death slug match with Paul Briggs. Twice. 2nd fight Briggs busted him up.
    Schooled by Dawson. When Adamak was called a slugger vs LHW's he started boxing when he turned CW, then HW because he couldn't knock out big mofos.
    Who gave Evander fits as a Cruiser? No one.

And Arreola didnt fight like the guys who went the distance with Tyson. BUSTER stuck and moved, the others clinched & hugged their way back in Tyson's early fights that went the distance. ARREOLAS style of stand and trade is suicide against a young Tyson.
    Tyson IMO had an exciting style, but we never saw it against Tua.
    And remember his camp paid step aside money to Lennox Lewis.

Lastly Tyson's style wasn't suited for boxing which is why he wasn't successful as an amatuer...no Olympics
    Tyson was an exciting fighter who was limited, but those limitations wouldnt have been a problem for fat chaloopa eating Arreola.
    1. No comment. Trivial stuff
    2. Holy spirit.
    3. Agree. Adamek sucks
    4. Areala sucks
    5. Tua was very one dimensional. Yes, maybe in 10 fights against Mike, he could KO him once or twice, but Tyson had more to offer than just leaping left hook and his punches were shorter. Mike should have beaten him 9 out 10.
    6. Tyson was a bit too young for Olymptics. If he went there at 19-20, he would not just KD-KO his opponents, he would KILL them. He would be HW Lomachenko in amateurs.

1. I kinda agree. Something we could rack up on if it were on a game show.
    For one hundred this trainer used a style that helped Patterson to Tyson....
    2. Holy spirit lmao! Ok...
    3. Double agree.
    4. Actually I think if Arreola could stay away from the refrigerator, he could have done some nice things. He really is technically sound and a solid puncher, but no discipline from my perspsective.
    5. C'mon bro, I think you are saying that now that he has been exposed. Serious question before Tua faced Ike...and HBO would have said HBO Boxing after Dark presents Tyson vs Tua...you wouldn't have made sure that night was set to watch in GREAT anticipation??
    6. Too young at his age? hmm, never heard anyone said that, but I respect your opinion.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    1. Cus D. had taught the peekaboo system before Tyson. Mike perfected it & the numbers system, but it wasn't a perfect system.
    2. Since Evander didn't have power, how else did he defeat Tyson other than (timing) his head movement?
    3. To compare Adamak to Evander? Adamak was in a life and death slug match with Paul Briggs. Twice. 2nd fight Briggs busted him up.
    Schooled by Dawson. When Adamak was called a slugger vs LHW's he started boxing when he turned CW, then HW because he couldn't knock out big mofos.
    Who gave Evander fits as a Cruiser? No one.

And Arreola didnt fight like the guys who went the distance with Tyson. BUSTER stuck and moved, the others clinched & hugged their way back in Tyson's early fights that went the distance. ARREOLAS style of stand and trade is suicide against a young Tyson.
    Tyson IMO had an exciting style, but we never saw it against Tua.
    And remember his camp paid step aside money to Lennox Lewis.

Lastly Tyson's style wasn't suited for boxing which is why he wasn't successful as an amatuer...no Olympics
    Tyson was an exciting fighter who was limited, but those limitations wouldnt have been a problem for fat chaloopa eating Arreola.
    1. Cus's system wasn't very good for a featherfist light heavy trying to box against much harder punching guy like Liston or longer, faster, bigger one like Clay. For Tyson it was an exceptional system combined with his athletic talents.

2. Evander beat Tyson by being taller and rangier than him, and by being STRONGER than Tyson (he was roided to the gills). He had a chin to withstand Tyson and he used his physical advantages to tie Tyson up and force him backwards and attack him where he was better. Smart plan.

3. Adamek has a great record vs good+big opponents just like Evander with a solid chin too and a warrior spirit as well. Adamek struggled ey? Holyfield was in wars at CW too (Dwight Kwai) and his HW record is 26-10! Some of these losses are to inferior opponents. Moorer for example is no better than bloody Adamek and he BEAT Holyfield!

4. No Arreola is not like the guys that beat or survived Tyson. Apart from Lewis and Holyfield, he is MUCH better. Every fighter that fought Tyson adjusted their game, but you think Arreola couldn't make a slight adjustment? This is a guy with a solid boxing pedigree for Christ sake! He knows what he is doing! If you seen Tyson up alongside Arreola, it would be clear that Mike has some work. And you know what, of course Mike has good chances to KO him, Stiverne did it! That's anything but guaranteed though.

Tyson could bloody box. what your referring to is obviously not how he can possibly fight in the modern HW division because all of his opponents are so much taller than him. He HAS to fight like that.

Tyson's only real limitation imo was his height against taller+better skilled boxers who could keep him at bay.
    1. So you are saying that until Tyson came, Cus never really had a system worth much? Only useful for Tyson and no one else?

2. I don't really understand, this; everyone Tyson fought was taller and or rangier. And if Evander were stronger (BTW I have never heard this claim...ever), so teach us: why didn't he bust him up or swell him up like Buster did to Tyson's eye?
    Sure he is muscular,, but so is Tim Bradley. In fact Evander's power couldn't even knockout Bobby Czyz, but you claim Evander was stronger than Mike?

3. I said nothing of Adamak's record, I gave you what is a fact: (he struggled in several LHW fights) Or you are saying that Briggs vs Adamak wasn't called a war?
    They needed another fight to solidify who was better or do you disagree?
    Briggs to you is in the class of Dwight Qawi?
    The one who fought Holy...in his 12th pro fight? Then knocked him out in 5, a few fights later? Yes Qawi and Holy had a war.
    A war that a 12 fight-rookie won, then dusted Qawi's ass fight 2. Question: Did Adamak dust Briggs in their second fight? Is Briggs mentioned among LHW's the way Qawi is mentioned among cruisers? Or now am I to be taught that Qawi just wasn't that great. And please tell us: How did Adamak do against Dawson? Dawson would never ever look that good against a young fighter. If you follow up with he dropped Dawson, sure that was his chin showing---good fighters can stop him, but an average fighter....naw man. When did an Evander get outboxed as a CW moving to HW the way Dawson put on a clinic with Adamak?

4. From my perspective saying Arreola is better than Holy's comp excluding two is purely subjective, man, that's an opinion. Your entitled to it, but to place it as fact? Ok.. You ask me if iI think could Arreola make a (((slight))) adjustment. So all it takes to deal with Iron Mike is a slight adjustment? I don't think so, but that's just my opinion. He;d have to make several and not slight, and based on his history, what fights has he made these adjustments? I am not saying he can't I am saying I aint seen it. I can't prove it my boxing bro..but IMO...This is a [classic] example of styles make fights. Forgive me if I offend any Mexicans now- But I think Mike hits Arreola and the Mexican comes out- he aint gonna adjust. He's gonna' go machismo & stand toe to toe and bang...then get knocked the (F) OUT!!!

Yes I agree, Tyson can bloody box. But after you state he can bloody box you state this:

Evander could tie Tyson up and force him backwards and attack him where he (evander) was better
    then you stated Tyson was limited by taller+better skilled boxers who could keep him at bay

What fighters were more skilled than Tyson...who he fought? They were ALL taller than him, yet he won the title against taller guys, unified the belts with taller guys. How did he do it? I think he was more skilled than they and he scared the schitt outta them.

But once he met guys who weren't afraid, then shit fell apart and his limits plural showed. Not just his lack of height, but his lack of ability to fight guys who would fight him back.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. I kinda agree. Something we could rack up on if it were on a game show.
    For one hundred this trainer used a style that helped Patterson to Tyson....
    2. Holy spirit lmao! Ok...
    3. Double agree.
    4. Actually I think if Arreola could stay away from the refrigerator, he could have done some nice things. He really is technically sound and a solid puncher, but no discipline from my perspsective.
    5. C'mon bro, I think you are saying that now that he has been exposed. Serious question before Tua faced Ike...and HBO would have said HBO Boxing after Dark presents Tyson vs Tua...you wouldn't have made sure that night was set to watch in GREAT anticipation??
    6. Too young at his age? hmm, never heard anyone said that, but I respect your opinion.
    I want to share this picture;
    TDov0NoI95g.jpg

The text in Russian says: "It seems we begin to forget how a real HW should look like",
    I guess Roy Jones would pronouce it like this " ... "

This is a foundation for my statement that Areola sucks.
    Last edited by SugarBoxing; 12-09-2014 at 04:36 AM.
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool pic the HW's vs the Big mofos LOL!

Thread Information