Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd and alex ariza..

With everything so quiet its fairly obvious there will be some major announcements before or around floyds next fight.

What do you think alex could possibly add to floyds game at this late stage of his career or do you just think he is an asshole?

Alex still has great respect for manny and theres no bad blood there but I like the way he kept it real about the rest of the guys in top rank.

Can you see a benefit for floyd by having alex in his stable or is it just mind games..

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd and alex ariza..

Fuck Ariza, he should get Mackie Shilstone. Lead Michael Spinks and Roy Jones to HW titles.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ariza gets alot more hate after that freddie roach incident.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no idea what he does that anyone else couldn't or what he charges for it, but there must be some reason he keeps getting work with top guys. Could have been a mind game in the Maidana rematch, but Floyd would also have been wise to do anything he could for an edge in training, old fighters need to look for everything they can etc. He might not to have to worry about anyones boxing skills for the rest of his career, it's got to be all about being in condition now.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another thing to consider too is that Floyd signed him to a 2-year contract, but that doesn't mean that Floyd necessarily has to use him. The contract has a non-compete clause, so whether Floyd choses to avail of Ariza's services or not, Ariza can't compete against Floyd.

Maybe Floyd was so spooked by Maidana's strength in the first fight that he doesn't want Ariza working with any of his last two opponents? Maybe Floyd knows that Ariza is into some next-level PED shit? Who knows.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Another thing to consider too is that Floyd signed him to a 2-year contract, but that doesn't mean that Floyd necessarily has to use him. The contract has a non-compete clause, so whether Floyd choses to avail of Ariza's services or not, Ariza can't compete against Floyd.

Maybe Floyd was so spooked by Maidana's strength in the first fight that he doesn't want Ariza working with any of his last two opponents? Maybe Floyd knows that Ariza is into some next-level PED shit? Who knows.
    maybe that's what Floyd is doing

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Ariza was moving on to that game where you kick that ball around a field the size of Kuwait and then dive in academy award winning agony anytime another gets near physical contact.

Floyd needs something because that spark has really looked vacant. Its either that or Maidana somehow managed a way to crack the Mayvinci code starting with Broner. He almost looked and looks indifferent to me. Bored with it all. He also looks to have lost a step or two. Atmosphere around him maybe getting a little stale as he gets older?

If I were Floyd I'd go drastic change. I'd shit can my corner and get a trainer. Both his father and his uncle offer very little advice as if paranoid to scrutinize or criticize. Its all grown a little to comfortable.
    Sanders, Gretzky and Jordan most likely rarely needed a coach. Boxers normally need one but Floyd throughout his prime years really never did. He surrounded himself with familiarity instead. Now based on what I have seen in his last two outings, he needs a trainer more then anything else. I think he should consider Goossen.

If Floyd is serious about getting that 50 and 0 he needs to dig deep imo. A complete change of surroundings. Sending Ellerbe to the mansions to mow the lawns wont be enough. He cant pad these last 3 fights and the 50th one would think would have to be a special. I'd like to see him catch Marciano but I'm not sure he will do it in his present status quo.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wasn't Ariza with Manny during the time when so many people accused Manny of taking PEDs? And now Floyd hires him? Odd.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Wasn't Ariza with Manny during the time when so many people accused Manny of taking PEDs? And now Floyd hires him? Odd.
    Mind games son.

Alex has a lawsuit against manny pac father figure and coach freddie roach after roach mentioned that he never knew what he was putting in pacs drinks?!

Odd.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Floyd's biggest threat is a guy like Maidana. I think as athletes age they have a harder time getting up for fights and maintaining that intensity without the big threat. Roy is a good example to look at. He was up for Ruiz, n while I don't feel that was his best win, he looked very impressive and ENERGIZED during the fight. As much as I trash Roy's opposition, I feel like his first win over Tarver was his most impressive as he was obviously unmotivated and had to show heart n mental toughness to win. His loss to Galen Johnson and the rematch with Tarver seemed to me like he was disinterested and just lost energy/focus when they stayed with him in the fight. Like he thought: "these guys aren't great and shouldn't be a threat, I should look more spectacular" n that made it less "fun" or interesting.

EVERYONE will be "up" for Floyd, who looks at pretty much everyone else as an inferior fighter (because they were during his prime). A guy like Maidan had no business in the ring w a prime Floyd so when he came out and made it ugly n tougher than it should've been, Floyd was able to win but the excitement/energy were not there. For the rematch, Floyd used that first fight as motivation n came in much more focused. I give Khan n Manny a better chance to beat Floyd these days due to the style match up n fact that they will be up for the fight (still favor Floyd though). That is also part of the reason I would like to see Floyd fight GGG, he would be EXTREMELY motivated n likely turn in a masterful performance.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd has recently been seen drinking a strange liquid out of a 24kt diamond studded goblet given to him by Ariza, Floyd's father said no one knows what's in it.

Thread Information