Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It could be close - Arum in talks with Showtime for Floyd /Pacquiao Mega Fight

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default It could be close - Arum in talks with Showtime for Floyd /Pacquiao Mega Fight

Pacquiao, Roach already preparing for Floyd Mayweather

""People can prepare for (a fight) early next year," Pacquaio said. "It is a fight that I want. It is a fight the fans deserve."
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has to be 70-30 split (60-40 maybe?)

Olympic style testing.

Las vegas.

Massive gloves.

147..no catchweights.

Floyd wants the fight
    Manny wants the fight
    Al haymon wants the fight.

Multi billionaire bob arum WILL NOT leave this earth playing the B side to mayweather..just be happy to get khan.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It could be close - Arum in talks with Showtime for Floyd /Pacquiao Mega Fight

Should be fifty fifty, just make it happen. Sure Floyd has bigger ppv numbers but this will be bigger because it's Manny. Don't let money stop the fight. It's like Bio Gates and Warren Buffet arguing over a dollar.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It could be close - Arum in talks with Showtime for Floyd /Pacquiao Mega Fight

I won't believe it until these two idiots are in the ring together.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I won't believe it until these two idiots are in the ring together.
    Even then, it's still possible one of them will back out hahaha

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let it go. This is the one that got away. Besides, if Manny goes to 140 then they will say that its to late in the day for him to go back up and they will need to do it at 142. "We waited to long and we are at 140 now"

I can almost hear it.
    Last edited by IamInuit; 11-23-2014 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Should be fifty fifty, just make it happen. Sure Floyd has bigger ppv numbers but this will be bigger because it's Manny. Don't let money stop the fight. It's like Bio Gates and Warren Buffet arguing over a dollar.
    Its pride matey.

Fans and legacy doesnt matter to bob arum or even floyd.

Floyd will not do a deal for 50-50.

He is the A side fighter just like oscar was and the big problem is that 92 yr old Bob cant bring himself to accept this.

Bob will talk all the good stuff on the cameras but around that meeting table there is no bending.

This fight CAN happen but only if manny was a free agent or if Bob arum can play 2nd fiddle.

Floyd is to blame as well but anyone in his position would do the same thing when this amount of money is involved.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny is more for the fans at this point as he has nothing to loose and after he gets 6 losses he can just say he wasnt in his prime etc or ariza shouldnt have left him..lol

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Manny is more for the fans at this point as he has nothing to loose and after he gets 6 losses he can just say he wasnt in his prime etc or ariza shouldnt have left him..lol
    Should this phantom fight ever play out, I think its safe to say that neither are in their prime and also that such would be the first thing out of their teams mouth for the loser.

They are both on the slide and one has an 0. Now I would think that if they (Floyds team) were considering it they would want this for the 50th or maybe the Marciano equaling 49th.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Should this phantom fight ever play out, I think its safe to say that neither are in their prime and also that such would be the first thing out of their teams mouth for the loser.

They are both on the slide and one has an 0. Now I would think that if they (Floyds team) were considering it they would want this for the 50th or maybe the Marciano equaling 49th.
    Different era. Different opponents.

BUT it would be nice to be 50-0 and floyd must think about this figure bigtime.

48 - khan or alexander

49 - danny garcia

50 - ?

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

48 - khan or alexander

49 - danny garcia

50 - ?
    He won't fight Khan or Garcia he'll probably fight Cotto because he likes to regurgitate, rinse and repeat, cover every angle, remove risk, be dull and predictable, fight at home, struggle against muppets and then take instagram pics of himself in bed with his money. How can you take someone like that seriously ?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

48 - khan or alexander

49 - danny garcia

50 - ?
    He won't fight Khan or Garcia he'll probably fight Cotto because he likes to regurgitate, rinse and repeat, cover every angle, remove risk, be dull and predictable, fight at home, struggle against muppets and then take instagram pics of himself in bed with his money. How can you take someone like that seriously ?
    Who has he regurgitated??!!

He has had two rematches in his entire career!

Smothering himself in money on instagram is what makes people despise him even more and sell even more tickets.

This is a business after all..

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

48 - khan or alexander

49 - danny garcia

50 - ?

Smothering himself in money on instagram is what makes people despise him even more and sell even more tickets.

Maidana was Embarrassing. This is the guy who lost to Kotelnik, Khan and Alexander and Floyd couldn't close the show. He is not the fighter he was.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

48 - khan or alexander

49 - danny garcia

50 - ?

Maidana was Embarrassing. This is the guy who lost to Kotelnik, Khan and Alexander and Floyd couldn't close the show. He is not the fighter he was.
    Floyd was never going to close the show.

You saw the last round it was appalling.

Floyd chose the last round to run and does just enough to win.

This is not a guy that knocks people out and constantly goes for the kill.

He knocked out hatton going backwards on a counter and only when it was visibly obvious he was out of it he went for the kill.

This is the way floyd fights and will choose to hit whilst not getting hit and it seems to be working well so far..

There are no more maidana type opponents in the 147 divison so you will see a different floyd in the way he deals with the next opponent.

Perhaps the style maidana fought was a slight blueprint to trouble floyd but floyd will be well aware of this...

He is 38 next year and is on the slide but a 80% floyd mayweather is still better than everyone in the division today and the better the fighter the better that floyd will adapt on the night...

I might be wrong..

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

48 - khan or alexander

49 - danny garcia

50 - ?

Era and opponents are not really relevant. The record is and breaking it. It is a boxing Holy Grail.

As far as opponents go he's in a bit of a dilemma I'm sure he never planned on. I think he's lost interest frankly and he is also in a fix opponents wise. I cant see him going mediocre and its quite evident by the problems he had with Maidana that he has lost something because he fed on that type of opponent for much of his career and made it look easy. Swarmers were never an issue for him post the first Castillo fight.

People can split hairs on whether he took the necessary risks in his career until the cows come home but he now finds himself in a position where he may have to take some and at a time when maybe he should not be. He could make a mistake here.

Devon and him are pretty good friends and besides, he'd be crucified by both fans and media for making that fight.

I hope its Khan personally just because of the way the styles matchup.

I think Garcia would have to do something at 147 before getting a fight like Hatton or Guerrero did. Time is running out even for that to be viable.

Floyds in a bit of a pickle and to top it off imo has lost interest hence my crazy ideas about him starting a brand new camp and firing the lot.

Thread Information