Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury vs. Wladimir Klitschko

You'd have to make Wlad the favourite but I'm interested to see what Fury offers at the very top. He wont be able to fanny about like he did with Chisora which was a good performance by the way, other than getting twatted by Haye Chisora is a handful for anyone and still a top 10 - 15 heavy, fury did what he wanted when he wanted.

The acid test is can he handle what Wlad can dish out. He might get chinned out but it's still the most interesting Wlad fight out there other than Wilder who I think deffo gets chinned by Wlad.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

Tyson Fury is green no doubt, but aren't all the heavyweights that haven't gotten a title shot yet?

Fury, Jennings, Wilder, Stiverne....they either haven't fought big power or they haven't fought good boxers or they haven't fought guys who were supposed to test them.

I think Fury's attitude is good enough to where he'll be confident in his ability to win....but the bad part of that is his attitude may also work against him by allowing himself to get hit, giving up that height and reach advantage....he's going to try but Wladimir will just hammer the hell out of the guy.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it won't happen, I am going to guess wladimir will take on jennings and defeat him then take on the wbc champ whoever that is and win that then he will be faced witha demand from the wbc and wbo to take on their mandatory fellows and wladimir will drop the wbo belt or just retire, fury then goes on to take on someone like boystov and becomes world champion and hilarity ensues !

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kltschko KO3

Let's be honest, very weak opponent for Wladimir.

He has the length, but Wladimir's shots hard enough to knock Fury flat out and they are so much faster and sharper he'll beat him to the punch every time.

Couple that with vastly superior defensive and offensive skills, immaculate conditioning and you have all the ingredients for an early upset.

Pulev was 2ce the boxer Fury was. Fury looks good against smaller oppoents mainly.

The only fighters who can really upset Wlaidmir now are those with good offensive qualities, a great chin and a really big punch. Fury has none of these qualities.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Kltschko KO3

Let's be honest, very weak opponent for Wladimir.

He has the length, but Wladimir's shots hard enough to knock Fury flat out and they are so much faster and sharper he'll beat him to the punch every time.

Couple that with vastly superior defensive and offensive skills, immaculate conditioning and you have all the ingredients for an early upset.

Pulev was 2ce the boxer Fury was. Fury looks good against smaller oppoents mainly.

The only fighters who can really upset Wlaidmir now are those with good offensive qualities, a great chin and a really big punch. Fury has none of these qualities.
    Yes he does

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vlad will win easy if he fancies it, but he is in a position where he is 'kingmaker'. He can pick and choose his opponents, and I'm not sure a gobby troublesome pikey will be high on his list of priorities, perhaps if he cleans up Haye/Price etc. he deserves a shot. Not based on what he's beat so far.

Joshua is the one to follow, Hearn Jr wants him in with the pikey next year, if it flies it makes more money that a Vlad fight, sad but true

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    Vlad will win easy if he fancies it, but he is in a position where he is 'kingmaker'. He can pick and choose his opponents, and I'm not sure a gobby troublesome pikey will be high on his list of priorities, perhaps if he cleans up Haye/Price etc. he deserves a shot. Not based on what he's beat so far.

Joshua is the one to follow, Hearn Jr wants him in with the pikey next year, if it flies it makes more money that a Vlad fight, sad but true
    I disagree.

I think the Fury fight will be very high on his list.

Low risk, high reward.

Most of the other coontenders have a punchers chance. Fury doesn't. But fans THINK that he does, thus inflating the fight.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree.

Low risk, high reward.

Most of the other coontenders have a punchers chance. Fury doesn't. But fans THINK that he does, thus inflating the fight.
    Not sure m8, fury is significantly taller than wladimir(3 inches but it is noticeable) he is heavier and more importantly mr fury really knows how to make it rough, which is a favourite tactic of wladimir these days, I think wlad doesnt need to grab, hold and push around people as much as he does but he does it to gain an even bigger advantage over the enemy, if he takes on fury he will come up against someone who is his equal in using these roughhouse tactics but fury is taller and heavier so wlad can't rely on roughing them up... I do think wladimir is too good to be beaten by fury but it would not be as easy as his last fights have been due to furys size and excellent grappling capabilities... I would not be surprised if negotiations break down when trying to arrange this mandatory title fight... wladimir has bigger and easier fish to fry and fury can gain a shot at a vacant title(wbo) by being awkward...

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

I disagree.

Low risk, high reward.

Not sure m8, fury is significantly taller than wladimir(3 inches but it is noticeable) he is heavier and more importantly mr fury really knows how to make it rough, which is a favourite tactic of wladimir these days, I think wlad doesnt need to grab, hold and push around people as much as he does but he does it to gain an even bigger advantage over the enemy, if he takes on fury he will come up against someone who is his equal in using these roughhouse tactics but fury is taller and heavier so wlad can't rely on roughing them up... I do think wladimir is too good to be beaten by fury but it would not be as easy as his last fights have been due to furys size and excellent grappling capabilities... I would not be surprised if negotiations break down when trying to arrange this mandatory title fight... wladimir has bigger and easier fish to fry and fury can gain a shot at a vacant title(wbo) by being awkward...
    Yeah the length and weight matters sure, but Wladimir is still much stronger than Fury, he isn't getting roughed up by Fury. I don't expect WK to grapple him even as much as vs Pulev. I expect it to be more like the Wach fight.

WK is so much sharper than Fury it isn't funny. He'll beat him to the punch every time.

Wladimir could take Fury's best shots.

Fury would crumple under Wladimir's.

My opinion anyway.

But this sort of debate is exactly what will promote the fight.

I think Fury is a much better boxer than Wilder. But Wilder has the potential to knock Wlaidmir out early, however slim the chance really is.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree.

Low risk, high reward.

Yeah the length and weight matters sure, but Wladimir is still much stronger than Fury, he isn't getting roughed up by Fury. I don't expect WK to grapple him even as much as vs Pulev. I expect it to be more like the Wach fight.

WK is so much sharper than Fury it isn't funny. He'll beat him to the punch every time.

My opinion anyway.

I think Fury is a much better boxer than Wilder. But Wilder has the potential to knock Wlaidmir out early, however slim the chance really is.
    Also Povetkin and Pulev were 2 of the best fighters in the division. Both on another level than Fury altogether.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree.

Low risk, high reward.

My opinion anyway.

I agree with you and I also think povetkin is a top class opponent(on paper he is wladimirs bets win in my opinion, the manner of victory was poort though).. Incase you are unaware I am a big wladimir fan but I was not impressed with how he defeated povetkin(the grappling was too much) and even though I defend his opponent choice over the years, mormeck was a disgraceful choice as an opponent at that stage of both of their careers... Saying that I really do think wladimir and fury will never meet, fury is not technically better or has a better record than someone like povetkin but he is a rough grappling fighter and tall and big and wladimir at this stage of his career really doesn't need the trouble that tyson will present him with the rough tactics(which wladimir also likes to use, it's a fight not a tickling contest).. I think wladimir will be able to delay giving up the wbo belt until after he gets his shot at the wbc belt and he will have his claim to hold all 4 major belts... then the pressure from the governing bodies will make him drop one or two and wladimir will eventually give it all up !

fury will be our new wbo champion after next year !

jon09 Guest

Fury will get hurt.

Thread Information