Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'll say it yet again - Khan can beat Mayweather (includes Last nights fight in full)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

He might have even fucked that fight up for himself because i don't think Floyd can or wants to go against someone that physically fit/busy and fast at this stage of his career.

Khan on points for me.
    Agreed Smash. Khan can outpoint him. Maybe PBF at 38 has every right to duck this style of fighter. Only a decent puncher beats Khan on last night's performance and that isn't Floyd.

Crazy isn't it really. I would honestly pick Khan now against Floyd yet would pick Brook to beat Khan and Maidana too if they rematched. Both would be schooled by PBF.

If ever conclusive proof was needed that styles make fights then this is it !
    I understand what you are saying and it's hard to argue with you, so I'll just say, if Khan can stay focused the way he was against Alexander he'll be very hard to beat until he slows down due to age.
    I want him to fight Floyd, piss on the other guys. Alexander was easy for Khan and does not measure up to Floyd in any way I can see. Khan wants the best, that's Floyd and where the big money is too.

Did I tell you how much I enjoyed seeing Alexander getting thumped for 12 rounds? It was righteous payback for that farce Alexander and Bailey tried to pass off as a championship fight. Do you think Khan would be interested in beating Bailey's ass for 10 or 12 rounds? Lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'll say it yet again - Khan can beat Mayweather (includes Last nights fight in f

You guys are getting carried away. Khan beating Floyd?

Devon is many levels below PBF and has no business at 147.

Floyd doesn't knock dudes out but always has enough pop to lower opponents work rate.

A focus Ortiz beats Khan. Maidana beats Khan. Garcia beats Khan. Bradley beats Khan. Marquez beats Khan.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'll say it yet again - Khan can beat Mayweather (includes Last nights fight in f

Is it just me, or did Khan lunge a lot last night?

He also still looked hittable, and still threw shoeshine punches.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post

Floyd doesn't knock dudes out but always has enough pop to lower opponents work rate.

A focus Ortiz beats Khan. Maidana beats Khan. Garcia beats Khan. Bradley beats Khan. Marquez beats Khan.
    Probably the old freddie roach khan takes an L to the above but this khan is different.

Garcia, marquez and possibly the new maidana would bully khan into submission but under virgil hunter khan is showing great change.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
    Is it just me, or did Khan lunge a lot last night?

He also still looked hittable, and still threw shoeshine punches.

I though khan didn't dive in as much as he has in the past and looked better for it, most times his feet were planted and under him before exchanging

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't mind seeing khan vs Garcia 2 I would like khan to win also think he beats Ortiz and probably Marquez but think maidana stops khan and Bradley is a toss up for me 50/50

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khans already put Maidana on his ass in 1 round and Maidana was pretty much saved by the bell, then he got careless and took everything Maidana had and still beat him.

From what i saw last night Amir would destroy him and very handily too

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Probably the old freddie roach khan takes an L to the above but this khan is different.

Garcia, marquez and possibly the new maidana would bully khan into submission but under virgil hunter khan is showing great change.
    Garcia will do everything he can to avoid Khan. He was getting schooled and just got lucky. He wouldnt land a shot like that on Khan again.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im not saying hes going to beat Mayweather Im just saying he has a great chance of winning. I give Khan a 33% chance of winning. I gave Maidana about a 10% chance and would give Pac a 25-30% chance. Floyd is still the fav.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Im not saying hes going to beat Mayweather Im just saying he has a great chance of winning. I give Khan a 33% chance of winning. I gave Maidana about a 10% chance and would give Pac a 25-30% chance. Floyd is still the fav.
    I agree with this but I disagree about garcia.

Garcia was improving in the khan fight and the rematch would be interesting..lucky punches dont exist.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know what you guys see but Maidana clearly improved 10x more than Khan.

Maidana took Floyd to 24 rounds. Enough said.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    I agree with this but I disagree about garcia.

Garcia was improving in the khan fight and the rematch would be interesting..lucky punches dont exist.
    Id love a rematch.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know what you guys see but Maidana clearly improved 10x more than Khan.

Maidana took Floyd to 24 rounds. Enough said.
    Everyone Floyd fights goes 12 rounds with him whats special about that? He also lost every round in the rematch. He beat a blown up Broner who struggled with Emmanuel Taylor and Carlos Maidana who are nothing special. Devon won every round against Maidana and Khan won every round against Devon. So basically Maidana has improved because he lost to Floyd?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan was brilliant but he always is against boxers. I think he was better than ever but he has looked brilliant in the past against non-roughhouse guys. Which means I'd give him more chance of beating Floyd than Matthysse. Mad. Styles. Boxing.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd last ko was ortiz and ortiz suffers from duran syndrome and pretty much gave up when he was being outclassed.

12 rounds is normal for floyd so its not fair to discredit khans win over maidana just because floyd decided to rematch him.

Khan knocked down maidana and had no issues with his chin in that fight.

Styles make fight and the new mma maidana made it difficult for floyd but khans win deserves just as much credit.

Thread Information