Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'll say it yet again - Khan can beat Mayweather (includes Last nights fight in full)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'll say it yet again - Khan can beat Mayweather (includes Last nights fight in f

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    I don't know what you guys see but Maidana clearly improved 10x more than Khan.

Maidana took Floyd to 24 rounds. Enough said.
    Everyone Floyd fights goes 12 rounds with him whats special about that? He also lost every round in the rematch. He beat a blown up Broner who struggled with Emmanuel Taylor and Carlos Maidana who are nothing special. Devon won every round against Maidana and Khan won every round against Devon. So basically Maidana has improved because he lost to Floyd?
    Maidana rough up Floyd, forcing a rematch. Nobody does that. That is more than anything Khan has accomplished.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'll say it yet again - Khan can beat Mayweather (includes Last nights fight in f

Everyone Floyd fights goes 12 rounds with him whats special about that? He also lost every round in the rematch. He beat a blown up Broner who struggled with Emmanuel Taylor and Carlos Maidana who are nothing special. Devon won every round against Maidana and Khan won every round against Devon. So basically Maidana has improved because he lost to Floyd?
    Maidana rough up Floyd, forcing a rematch. Nobody does that. That is more than anything Khan has accomplished.

But Khan has already beaten Maidana fair and square..... done/dusted/history

What exactly is your logic?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Floyd last ko was ortiz and ortiz suffers from duran syndrome and pretty much gave up when he was being outclassed.
    Definitely should get the death penalty for that. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Floyd last ko was ortiz and ortiz suffers from duran syndrome and pretty much gave up when he was being outclassed.
    Is that not true?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that not true?
    I've consumed a substantial amount of Pinot Grigio today - don't make me kill you, young man. Ortiz and Duran don't belong in the same breath. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's funny how people pretend Khan hasn't already beaten Maidana.
    And actually I'd back him to do it better if they were to fight again.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that not true?
    I've consumed a substantial amount of Pinot Grigio today - don't make me kill you, young man. Ortiz and Duran don't belong in the same breath. Fact.
    I wish I was young.

The point was referring to the fact that floyd goes the 12 rounds and doesnt have a ko ratio like everyone else and his last ko was against ortiz.

Ortiz who can be a good fighter has a tendancy to quit or give up exactly like duran did.

We all have our bad days at the office but thats as bad as it gets in the boxing world..

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't think he beats him but he was impressive. He kept a cool head and stayed focused and vs Alexander that's not always easy. Think this fight is more realistic than a Bradley or Thurman fight.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd's jab will leave Khan dumbfounded. He looked great against Devon but let's not get carried away

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

But Khan has already beaten Maidana fair and square..... done/dusted/history

What exactly is your logic?
    Khan escaping Maidana in the last round to get a W means nothing now. Maidana has taken Floyd into deep waters.

What is your logic? Khan beat Maidana and Devon he can suddenly beat Floyd

This is Floyd we are talking about and on the other hand, this is Khan we are talking about lol

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir Khan is a fantastic talent for sure but I'm not sold on him yet. He fought two guys at WW who are not punchers.

When Khan jumped from 135 to 140, he was destroying guys with his incredible hand speed and all we heard from guys like Max Kellerman was "hey, now that he's grown and he's not draining himself to get to LW, now he can take punches better." Then Peterson and Danny Garcia happened, and he barely escaped a washed up Julio Diaz.

Now all of a sudden he jumped up to WW and beat two very good fighters in impressive fashion, and now suddenly he's king of the mountain again. I don't buy it. May weather isn't Alexander He's not going to sit around waiting for Khan to charge in and shoe shine him, and if Khan jumps in like that he's going to eat a straight right or check left, and we'll see what happens to his legs then.

Would Khan give Mayweather problems? Sure. With his skill and speed he'd give anyone from 140-154 problems. But I don't see him closing the deal on Mayweather. As fast as he is, he still makes mistakes and still leaves openings. Alexander couldn't pull the trigger on him, Floyd would.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    It's funny how people pretend Khan hasn't already beaten Maidana.
    And actually I'd back him to do it better if they were to fight again.
    This Khan does seem better than the Khan that survived Maidana. I think he potentially can beat Mayweather as Mayweather doesn't have power and I see no way for someone as economical as Mayweather doing enough to win rounds. Sure, he would block most, but like with Manny I just don't see Mayweather having enough to beat someone who will take it to him with speed and has output. It also doesn't help Mayweather that he has shown obvious signs of slipping too. Rumours of a Lara fight are lame as Lara is fast, but has no output. Call me cynical, but Mayweather is picking and choosing his way out very carefully and I don't think he has any intentions of giving fans the fights that they want. His brain just doesn't seem to have that element. Like his boxing, his approach is safety first. No risks.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact that Maidana took Floyd 12 twice is really a testimony to how far Floyd has slipped and not one of Maidanas improvement. Maidana is the same fighter today that was waxed by both Khan and Alexander. I'm not sure what these improvements are that Maidana has made?? I guess they are implied because he went tough with Floyd twice. Maidana is lucky Cortez retired.

You could physically see the improvements Khan has made and they were plenty from feet to punch selection but the biggest thing I noticed was just his overall smarts and how he controlled everything.
    He does seem to have a real aptitude for fighting southpaws as well. That was the Khan who has most likely been there all along. You have to give props to Hunter for bringing that out.

In addition he just didn't beat Alexander, he put on a clinic. Alexander has a great jab and it was rendered useless. Largely by Khans faster, better and stiffer jab and follow through combinations.
    Sure Alexander has been a giant under achiever even though Floyd himself has said he'd be the guy to take over but that was a superb win. Devon looked like he was on a lower level and that was because of Khan not cause Alexander is shitty. I had this as a pickum fight and in all honesty was in shock at how easy Amir handled him.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will bet with anyone that Floyd Mayweather will duck Amir Khan. I'm pretty sure about that. Why? the answer is simple: it's because Floyd is afraid of great punchers. That's why he ducked Manny, plaster-fisted Margarito and prime Cotto when he was still knocking out his opponents.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    I will bet with anyone that Floyd Mayweather will duck Amir Khan. I'm pretty sure about that. Why? the answer is simple: it's because Floyd is afraid of great punchers. That's why he ducked Manny, plaster-fisted Margarito and prime Cotto when he was still knocking out his opponents.
    Khans not a big puncher though so your logic is just stupid.

Thread Information